Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

Appararently week 13 when my build is scheduled is w/c 28th March.

Tom, I think you meant that week 15 is the first full week of April, not May. I have read earlier in this thread that VW build weeks are typically one week ahead of my MS outlook calendar. (as the first Friday of 2016 was counted as VW build week 1 I believe).
That makes my provisional build week 13 = w/c 21/03/15, and your week 15 = w/c 04/04/16. Do correct me though if I have this wrong, I am not confident enough in this to state it as fact.
Hi & thanks for your reply CoboCali.
That's me home now with the bit of paper in front of me. The details I wrote down when speaking to the dealer were as follows: week 15 build (2nd of May.)
I asked whats the best date that I could hope to see it, the reply was 13th of June best case. Maybe my hearing is going... :oops:Looking at the date, it does look like there's a rabbit away somewhere. I admit, I never bothered questioning this on the calendar. Going to call them now. Here's hoping the month I've written down on the bit of paper is wrong - & not the week. Will come back on this...

Just off the phone. It's definitely confirmed for week 15 :bananadance but now he's going to double-check if May is right. Maybe he's looking at different calendar (probably the one in the service bay, with a woman in a state of undress...:D) Nothing is simple when ordering a VW California! Anyway, will post the answer as soon as I know. Cheers Tom

Goodness me, this whole build process is a real roller coaster! :Nailbiting

It now turns out that even though I have a build date of w/c 28th March the van is only likely to be completed in the first week of May as there is currently a 5 week delay at the factory between stage 1 and 2 of the build! :shocked

I definitely need to lie down now!

Ours was moved again on Monday and I was warned I may not get it till October!!! So I have cancelled my order and picked up a nice 2015 ex demo and have an extra £11,000 in my pocket and I can go on holiday in Easter as we collect it on Monday next week :):)

Ours was moved again on Monday and I was warned I may not get it till October!!! So I have cancelled my order and picked up a nice 2015 ex demo and have an extra £11,000 in my pocket and I can go on holiday in Easter as we collect it on Monday next week :):)
Enjoy! :thumb

Sorry to hear that your date was pushed back so far. That would have been quite a stretch to wait-out. Good luck with your ex-demo. Look forward to seeing the pics & all the best

My Beach order seems to have gone more smoothly than some (mostly Oceans it seems):

Order placed: 20 Dec 15
Provisional Build: week 9 (week commencing 29 Feb)
Confirmed Build: week 9 (I got this about the start of Feb)
Updates: 14 Mar told the vehicle had been built and was expected to arrive at the dealer in 3 days or so. No dealer fitted accessories, so expected to be ready in 7-10 days perhaps, so less than a month after the start of the build week. That's far quicker than I expected.

I do not have a collection date, but it would appear to be quite close. The dealer (Lancashire VW) confirmed that they're getting some Beaches through ahead of schedule.

Do you happen to know which date in the calendar that is, according to your dealer?

Cheers
Tom

Week 14 build confirmed this morning!!
Ordered middle of Jan, not slept since!
That's great news. Mine was ordered Sept 2nd, built in the week of Jan 11th but didn't arrive at dealers until Feb 25th. Collected 1st March and just back from a 6 night over 1000 mile trip from North East Scotland to South Wales also stopping at the folks in England. Me and the dogs loved it. Once I've got sorted I'll post some pics and learnings (quite a few) before I head off again...
Glad your wait is nearly over - and you can start sleepig again - in the van!!!!

Exciting stuff. My order just gone in and told myself I was in no hurry. Lol I am now. Sun is shinning.

Mike
It'll come round :thumb but I do understand what you mean.
On the plus-side, I feel quite lucky just to have one on order :embarrased
& today is another day to strike off of the calendar... for whenever it arrives!

Week 14 build confirmed this morning!!
Ordered middle of Jan, not slept since!
@Rhyddin - think we've both had good news from Guy this morning; he tells me my order still says provisional week 13 on the system, but he checked with the main office and it is confirmed build week 12, which just made my day!

Do you happen to know which date in the calendar that is, according to your dealer?

Cheers
Tom
We talked about it and thought it was the first full week in April but I'm not sure after all these forum comments!

We talked about it and thought it was the first full week in April but I'm not sure after all these forum comments!
Mine is week 13 too and my dealer said that is w/c 28th March. That's a week on Monday!

Exciting stuff. My order just gone in and told myself I was in no hurry. Lol I am now. Sun is shinning.

Mike
What did you order?!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I ordered a beach on 1st March after dithering for about 6 weeks (waiting on loyalty bonus etc) Was told they were coming through in about 10 weeks by a couple of dealers but the one I ordered through has put 1st July on my order form (16 weeks). Fingers crossed it moves forwards not back!

Have been trying to remain positive but ......
We ordered 20 th January build date unconfirmed now week 23.
Dealer not responding to email . Have copied email to the manager.
It's disheartening to see others getting earlier build dates. Think I need to stop reading the threads on the forum for awhile & go off sailing instead .x

Last edited:
Have been trying to remain positive but ......
We ordered 20 th January build date unconfirmed now 23 weeks.
Dealer not responding to email .
It's disheartening to see others getting earlier build dates. Think I need to stop reading the threads on the forum for awhile & go off sailing instead .x
Sorry to hear that Calimera. That does sound a bit rubbish. Genuinely hope things improve for you with that. As for your dealer, might be worth showing up in person - or sending a mail to the manager. After all, you are the customer. Good luck! :thumb

I ordered a beach on 1st March after dithering for about 6 weeks (waiting on loyalty bonus etc) Was told they were coming through in about 10 weeks by a couple of dealers but the one I ordered through has put 1st July on my order form (16 weeks). Fingers crossed it moves forwards not back!
Hope you don't mind a couple of questions. Did you manage to get your loyalty bonus? Was it via the dealer or did you go direct to VW? Was it for ownIng another commercial vehicle, or car? Sorry for all the questions but we have got our application in and are not sure what it depends on. Many thanks.

Susibus I ordered last week. I have never owned a Cali but do own a Touran. I just posed the question with the dealer and there was no problem.

Mike

Hope you don't mind a couple of questions. Did you manage to get your loyalty bonus? Was it via the dealer or did you go direct to VW? Was it for ownIng another commercial vehicle, or car? Sorry for all the questions but we have got our application in and are not sure what it depends on. Many thanks.
Yes we got the discount against a car. I was dealing with VWCS while they were making the decision that they would read across between passenger and commercial. Dealer knew about this and applied discount as soon as it was decided. I think it only applies to orders between 1st Jan and 31st Mar although I was also told that delivery had to be before end May to qualify. I've had assurance from VWCS that they will honour it no matter how long it takes to arrive (would be harsh to say you couldn't have it because of their long lead times!)

Also, I found out yesterday, that you have to have owned your VW vehicle for at least 90 days. I was going to buy the oldest Golf or Polo I could find and claim the £1,000 saving but it can't be done in time, sadly.

Had to try!

Back