Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Cambelt Recall - November 2019

I took mine in today (Sep 2016) and the belt is not Gates, so wasn't affected. Engine management update also done with 10 refills of adblu in the future. Something to check if you bought the factory extended warranty when new, which I did. It still does not appear on the VW system despite 2 complaints to the dealer I bought it from. I have the receipt so It's infuriating that they don't seem to be able to rectify this.
There's quite a thread on the way VW record the factory extended warranty. This might help to reassure you...

Back from VW after checking - no problems
That's good news as not affected, but also bad news as I will have to pay for timing belt replacing in about 10 months time as Cali will be 4 years old.
Whole job took less than an hour from arriving to leaving.
Queried if the water pump needs changing with the timing belt and was advised water pumps don't need replacing until 120,000 miles unless show signs of problems before then.
They do check water pumps when replacing timing belts. I was told timing belt replacement is a fixed price job, but if the water pump is required at the same time the extra cost is just the parts price of the water pump.

I've had a reply from Droitwich Van Centre, mine is not involved with this recall, I thought it was too old but worth asking.

Back