Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 changes starting 8/2018

If the same colour/material whats the difference between Ocean & Beach Captains Chairs?

I am waiting for my dealer to get white beach edition delivered then I can see exactly what chair fabric looks like as its in moon rock not back

Thanks I have T6 shuttle LWB 65plate at the moment with the basic front dash and no aircon in the back which the kids complain about. My dealer has a new one with everything on it plus spoiler and side bars and black 18" sport line wheels he's given 7% off the vehicle but the accessories are full price so its coming out at about £57000 this does include parking heater and led lights. the edition comes in at just over £50000 without parking heater. I worked out you save about £3000 by buying the edition but this is cancelled out if you have to buy chairs at £3600. although because of residuals being higher monthly payments are slightly cheaper on a PCP. I looked a 1 year old on at £49000 but it came out more on the monthlys than a new one as no discount and higher rate of interest and less dealer contribution. im not in rush but I here there will probably be a price increase in June and wandering what my19 will bring.

Also I have the 204 manual engine at the moment but thinking of going for DSG 150 hoping to get slightly better fuel economy

yes I know but each captain chair cost £1800 so my dealer tells me. I have looked on ebay but only seem to have ocean chairs for about £600 each. I would have to change the registration with dvla to a 7 seater from 5 seater. then there is insurance. I hoping they do a grape yellow in 7 seater in future
£798 + VAT for a pair of swivel seats in the beach configurator, or buy from this forum, they often come up at £350 ish each, fit suitable covers if a match is required. Beaches are designed to take up to 7 seats as standard so no problem with insurance or dvla.

Unfortunately you can't config extra seats on the edition. its been sold as what you see is what you get. I di look on ebay for seats. there was couple with the seat material from the ocean for £575 each. just seems bit crazy spending £50000 on a camper then having mismatch seats. Yes I know seat covers are pretty good. Waiting to see the beach edition in the flesh first. Getting my T6 shuttle valued today

Not sure when the change kicked in, buy for £90 extra (Ocean at least) you can order a Sports Steering wheel which for the DSG version gives you the gearshift paddles.

sb1-44073199-2745870984033328301.jpg

More here : https://www.motor-talk.de/news/neues-gesicht-fuer-den-vw-bus-t6371110.html

Reactions: Sad
Not sure what I think about that front, I guess my beach order is likely to be MY19 although not got a confirmed date yet.

Doesn't look like LED headlights as standard then :)

Actually comparing the front pic to one of a current T6 the main difference is the extra vents under the VW badge where there is currently a solid (unvented) bit. Otherwise it might actually look ok with a body coloured bumper and the usual bits of chrome.

If this is correct, those vents at the front look bloody awful and I think if I was buying I would seriously reconsider my choice and try and get a ex demo MY2018

Hands Up who thinks that will be the vehicle released to Production or even the Next Manufacturers Motor Show?

Anyway, there could be a perfectly good engineering reason to have such a grill. It must be easier to manufacture a more solid rather than latticed grill.

Possibly to meet impact criteria. Taking away the belt that now runs across the front would soften any impact. Not that there’s much difference at 30/40mph. Airflow? Less paint? Wind dynamics....who knows.
Look at the mk7golf facelift....added LED running lights front, and rear full led, made the infotainment screen larger and charge a huge premium....it still the same car as the first 2013 mk7s.

Extra cooling for the 5.2L V10 pinched from the R8 now that Audi’s boss in the slammer and unable to protest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back