Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 changes starting 8/2018

We're waiting for a 204 DSG - if it is supplied as a 198 DSG, where does that leave us contractually / seeking compensation etc as it's not what we ordered??
You could ask for six horses as compensation.

You'd still have problems with emissions though!

Doh! First of all I find out that my Ridgemonkey is superseded, now it’s the Cali as well! ;)
That's ugly! Why is it that new vehicles have to have ever bigger front grills? Audi are a classic example with many of their models looking like some form of aquatic plankton guzzler.

Looks good to me, personally I'd be very pleased if I ordered a Cali and got the newer facelift version instead.

I just heard back from my dealer regarding the different front-end and this is what he said...

"Don’t know of anything, the changes we have for Model year 2019 doesn’t mention anything about this front, anyway this is a van front IF it was going on the transporter. California is different to the van range.

We get loads of things put on the internet and half of it is not right, this could be a development photo for the next generation transporter.
"

I just heard back from my dealer regarding the different front-end and this is what he said...

"Don’t know of anything, the changes we have for Model year 2019 doesn’t mention anything about this front, anyway this is a van front IF it was going on the transporter. California is different to the van range.

We get loads of things put on the internet and half of it is not right, this could be a development photo for the next generation transporter.
"

Nice one thats brilliant :thumb

Re compensation for loss of HP. Very unlikely as a result you will not loose out financially. The circumstances regarding the delays to the T6 delivery where different the changes to the original specification affected VED rates and mpg. These changes had a quantifiable affect on the cost of ownership.

Having a 204 DSG 4 motion it pull like a train and
I would not loose sleep if 6 HP was lost. However I would have nightmares regarding the changes VW are making to the front face of the Cali.

198hp instead of 204 on Swedish VW configurator. No co2 values.

Trying to work out what is new apart from the logo on the B pillar?

the roof is dark grey - rather than body coloured. I'm hoping the black b pillar will become standard on all calls

It looks like a 30th Anniversary limited edition (to 999 units) California.

"Since 1988, the California is the symbol of individual freedom, unforgettable holidays and pure adventure. For his 30th birthday we make you a very special gift. Limited to 999 pieces, each California 30 Years is provided with two individual plaques with continuous production figure. So get in fast before others do. Experience first-hand the feeling of 30 years of adventure, 30 years of freedom and 30 years of California."

"30 years? You do not look at him.
California has been discovering the world for 30 years. And yet it is anything but yesterday: Thanks to contrasting color roof paint and exterior mirrors, 17-inch alloy wheels, painted in the car color door handles and glossy black B-pillar you live as modern as at home."

That's a reduction equivalent to 4 lawn mowers! :(
One and half if it's our lawnmower! But our lawnmower doesn't run on diesel like our 204 does. I wonder if the induction 'service improvement' we experienced has reduced us below the magic 200bhp number?

The transporter with the big black grille is just a test mule for the testing of future (T7) kit so unlikely to be like that and more like the white one we saw earlier.

So my Cali is being built right now - but no news on the new spec yet :(

Back