Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Discounts

B

Brent

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I will be ordering a T6 beach, if any one finds a dealer that is offering a deal, pop it up on this thread. Think they may be getting a few orders.

Why is everyone so obsessed with "discounts"
Is it not beyond the realms of possibilities that Vw and their dealers increase the price by 10-15% and then give us a "discount" and actually sell at the price they wanted anyway.

I don't think they will be offering great discounts from the start
With a high demand I doubt they need to

Discounts depend on us. If we don't all rush and order the prices will soften :D

Why is everyone so obsessed with "discounts"
Is it not beyond the realms of possibilities that Vw and their dealers increase the price by 10-15% and then give us a "discount" and actually sell at the price they wanted anyway.
I guess you own the old model so thats about right

Have you actually seen the profit that VW Commercial make worldwide !!!!!!!!
I agree with snowy55, increase price by x amount then give discount and get the price you wanted.
When working used to do this all the time.

John

If I was buying a T6 I would be waiting for at least six months for things to settle down, we received a 10% discount when we purchased our T5 California, that means anyone buying a T6 at launch could be paying anything from £4000-£6000 over what they should be. You could buy a lot of accessories with that!

The price, is in some dimensions, irrelevant.

How much can you afford, how does it compare to anything similar, what is the likely cost of ownership to the time you want to move it on.

If it is uncompetitive then it will not sell. If it continues to provide an all-round highly attractive package at a premium price but offset by high residuals then it will.

I can't see the so far highly successful bean counters in Wolfsburg and Hannover getting it wrong.

If I was buying a T6 I would be waiting for at least six months for things to settle down, we received a 10% discount when we purchased our T5 California, that means anyone buying a T6 at launch could be paying anything from £4000-£6000 over what they should be. You could buy a lot of accessories with that!
Hi Eileen,
I agree, having just paid the deposit to buy a t5 California 180dsg 4motion demonstrator on the very day that the T6 prices were announced, I did some rough calculations to once again re-assure myself that I had done the right thing in not waiting for the new model.
The calculations are based on a like for like basis i.e. If the same options were fitted to a T6 as are fitted to my new T5 and at the same price! Some hopes of that!
I have also assumed that there will be no discounts for the first few months at least. Therefore, given the discounted price paid for my new one month old demonstrator against the advertised price of the new model, I estimate the difference to be around the £7000 mark.
Further, I have calculated that it would be many years before the better advertised fuel consumption and cheaper VED road tax would make the T6 a better economic option and therefore any incentive to buy a T6 now.
If I am right, at an average of 12000 miles a year it would be around 18 years at current fuel and VED prices.
If I am right, at an average of 5000 miles a year it would be around 34years at current fuel and VED prices.
If all this sounds a bit anoraky then you are probably right. I can't help myself. I have always looked at every vehicle I have owned the same way. Very much with my head and not my heart. That is probably why it has taken me 3 years of research before buying a Cali!
Despite this, I very much like the look at the new t6 and may buy one when this ones warrantee ends providing no major mechanical/electrical issues have arisen with the T6 and that the discounts have returned.
As for now, I am very much looking forward to collecting the T5.

Last edited:
For me it would could depend on whether I already had a Cali. If I didn't have one I might be prepared to pay more in order to get the extra 6 months use, particularly if it was spring or early summer. As I already have one that's less than 12 months old I won't in the first wave of purchasers this time.

Back