Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California T6 Discounts

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have received several emails and phone calls from people asking about T6 discounts so I thought it would be an idea to start a thread so people can post what discounts they have received (if any) on their new T6 Cali.

-

Great idea. I'm still waiting for the options list though. Was told yesterday by a dealer that I'd get it today.....Zzzzz

Sorry, newbie on here so apologies if this has been suggested.

The forum seems to have a number of people waiting to order a T6. Is it worth joining together to negotiate a discount based on a potential bulk buy? Single buys will never have the same negotiating power as a multi buy.

By agreeing a potential discount upfront and publishing the dealer details here, the dealer will also get some free advertising. It may even spur other dealers to match or better.

We get a discount, the dealer gets multiple orders plus free advertising. Seems a win win...

The forum seems to have a number of people waiting to order a T6. Is it worth joining together to negotiate a discount based on a potential bulk buy? Single buys will never have the same negotiating power as a multi buy.

By agreeing a potential discount upfront and publishing the dealer details here, the dealer will also get some free advertising. It may even spur other dealers to match or better.

We get a discount, the dealer gets multiple orders plus free advertising. Seems a win win...
I like this in theory but not sure if this is how things work? (I'm a newbie at bulk buying cars!) I'm well up for a better discount if it can work though!

I like this in theory but not sure if this is how things work? (I'm a newbie at bulk buying cars!) I'm well up for a better discount if it can work though!
Ditto...I'm up for getting the best discount but how would it work as we'd all need to finance separately? Have you spoken to any dealers?

how about contacting Drivethedeal or someone similar, they are well used to negotiating deals based on quantity - I'm looking to buy now too

Throwing my hat into a bulk buy as well!

I heard from a dealer today that there has been a delay with the options list and could be a week or more until that is out. Not sure how accurate that will turn out to be though.

The downfall with this idea is that Vw dealers don't seem to give a sh@t if they sell you a vehicle or not judging by there total lack of response to phone calls, emails, voice mails etc.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I rang drive the deal a couple of weeks ago asking whether they'd have any deal on the new cali. They didn't have any thoughts on the subject!
I have been in contact with preston dealer and liverpool dealer.
liverpool said he's sure they'll be some discount to be found but not specific (understandable as we don't know the price we're discounting from yet!).

In a basic sense I couldn't commit on behalf of you or vice verse, however we are 2 qualified sales leads. Sales leads are bought and sold every day. As a group on this forum there may be 20 (?) qualified leads. We could negotiate a discount based on the provision of those leads to the dealer. The dealer could contact each lead (or each lead contact the dealer) and receive the same discount.

The dealer gets the chance to close the deal with the lead before anyone else, increasing their throughput and therefore turnover. The lead gets the car the want at a discount.

To sweeten further it may be possible to negotiate a larger discount in lieu of extras. e.g. 7% discount that is applied as extras. You get the T6 plus extras for the same price as the base T6. The dealers cost is lower as there is a margin on the discounts.

Just a few thoughts...

I used to head-up the European end of a purchasing consortium for the tyre industry so have a bit of experience.
When you are sitting with a potential supplier trying to negotiate a deal, the buyer's hand is only as strong as the supplier's belief the said volume of orders will be forthcoming.
That was difficult enough to manage with the 6 major tyre companies in Europe, but would be much harder with a bunch of individual potential buyers.
Drive the deal manage to get deals in the same situation, but I think that has taken years; the deals getting better as their track record (in delivering volume) was established.
I think a forum vip type deal may be the best that is actually achievable.
Interesting topic though!

Last edited:
I used to heads-up the European end of a purchasing consortium for the tyre industry so have a bit of experience.
When you are sitting with a potential supplier trying to negotiate a deal, the buyer's hand is only as strong as the supplier's belief the said volume of orders will be forthcoming.
That was difficult enough to manage with the 6 major tyre companies in Europe, but would be much harder with a bunch of individual potential buyers.
Drive the deal manage to get deals in the same situation, but I think that has taken years; the deals getting better as their track record (in delivering volume) was established.
I think a forum vip type deal may be the best that is actually achievable.
Interesting topic though!
good point. Can we do something as a forum?

(ps T4WFA - I see you're in glossop - I grew up round there. Went to glossopdale. I miss the hills!)

We also used to run reverse auctions, where the suppliers kick each other to death on price on-line until there is only one standing. I can source this service if required.
I guess in the end it depends on how keen the suppliers are, and based on the experiences shared on this forum, they are not the most responsive bunch!

T4WFA, Reverse auction sounds like the logical end point for this. Good idea. I'm in the process of speaking to a dealer regarding an Ocean 150 PS 4Motion and would be happy to be involved.

I would love to hear more about this, if we can take it forward.

Yep...me too! Thinking of waiting at least a month for a massive discount, lol!

We'll be waiting a month for the options list (if we're lucky) at this rate

At the moment, you are more likely to get free beer than a discount on a T6.

A variation on the sign often seen behind the bar:-

Discounts on T6 California - Tomorrow!

:D

Folks, I ordered my T6 today. There are, in my view, quite good discounts on offer if you ask.

Hi . Chunk, Are the options available then!

Folks, I ordered my T6 today. There are, in my view, quite good discounts on offer if you ask.
Chunk, are you in the UK?
If so what kind of discount did you get?
Also how did you order without prices for the options?
I'd be really interested in how you got on.

Really?! Wow. I have been told it's not possible to order yet in the UK as there is no options list and it's not even on the ordering system yet.

Where did you order from and did you add any options?

Did you just order a basic model ? As i was asking yesterday and they still do not have the options lists?

Also are there any details on the performance differences between the old engines and the new Euro 6?

Thanks
M

Hi. What discount did you get and what's the estimated delivery date please?

Back