Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean mattress toppers

R

rlh1990

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, I’m very new to owning a California Ocean and just wanted to ask for mattress topper recommendations for the top and bottom beds pls? We did our first over nighter this weekend, sleeping on top, which was great but I just want to maximise comfort :). Any thoughts? Thanks All.

We’ve got a 5.1 and found the Duvalay toppers up top are lovely. A Vango self inflating mattress downstairs is pretty good too!

We tried a self inflating mattress, upstairs and downstairs. While comfortable, it’s a bit of a faff to deflate in the morning. We’ve been using 2x Duvalay 58cm width toppers for the past 18 months, and they’re great, plus flexible.

Hi, I’m very new to owning a California Ocean and just wanted to ask for mattress topper recommendations for the top and bottom beds pls? We did our first over nighter this weekend, sleeping on top, which was great but I just want to maximise comfort :). Any thoughts? Thanks All.
Man up and feeeeel the pain! It goes with owning a California :D

We tried a self inflating mattress, upstairs and downstairs. While comfortable, it’s a bit of a faff to deflate in the morning. We’ve been using 2x Duvalay 58cm width toppers for the past 18 months, and they’re great, plus flexible.
Hi Hawthorn. We are just trying to make a similar decision. Do you still use the original mattress underneath as well? We were concerned that the thin Duvalay - 2.5cm wouldn’t be enough on their own or with the existing mattress. Tks

I am a bit of a princess and the pea, as I feel every lump and bump in a bed.
Downstairs we have the vw mattress a zonesleep and a 5 cms freshtec duvalay topper. I slept well for 3 nights a week over 7 months. Upstairs we take the 5 cm duvalay up and although not quite as comfortable as the downstairs set up(can’t be bothered to heave the zonesleep up too) I can still get a reasonable sleep. I would love to upgrade to the frolli springs but don’t feel I have the necessary skills to do it.
Hope this helps

Hi Hawthorn. We are just trying to make a similar decision. Do you still use the original mattress underneath as well? We were concerned that the thin Duvalay - 2.5cm wouldn’t be enough on their own or with the existing mattress. Tks
The Duvalay toppers we have are ‘Travel Comfort Toppers’ and 5cm thick. We also went for Gold (more firm). Link below…

Note - we didn’t pay £140 each! We bought them at the Camping & Caravanning show at the NEC.

On top of the downstairs comfort mattress they’re perfect. On the upstairs bed, they’re okay, and we’ve used them for two years, although some more padding would be ideal.

Go to middle of Lidl and buy a blue 12v powered camping air bed pump to inflate your mattress in the evening and deflated it in the morning, cost less than £10

New to the california world, had a couple nights downstairs and in the pop top top roof..

1st time upstairs. Hmm pretty hard mattress. 1st time Downstairs on the standard vw mattress. Wt absolute f .. its like a rock! Who can sleep on that! I'm looking for a topper that can be used up or downstairs.. think it will have to be a custom made though

We bought this from John Lewis. It is slightly small for the top bed (leaves a one inch gap at each side) but very comfortable, fast delivery, and less expensive than the custom fit options. We sleep much better with this on top of the VW mattress.

New to the california world, had a couple nights downstairs and in the pop top top roof..

1st time upstairs. Hmm pretty hard mattress. 1st time Downstairs on the standard vw mattress. Wt absolute f .. its like a rock! Who can sleep on that! I'm looking for a topper that can be used up or downstairs.. think it will have to be a custom made though
See post #7. No need for custom toppers.

Hopefully not a thread hijack
Has anyone replaced their T6 mattress with a 7cm topper to leave upstairs successfully? Through 3 seasons anyway.
We're looking to replace many layers of bedding that are taking over half of our boot having broken our second self inflating mattress and just bought an incorrect one.
I'm currently whittling choices down to this one which is either 5cm or 7cm
Yours, from the dog house

Back