Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Roof cutting out when raising

B

Brian092

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All,
New here and hoping someone might be able to help me with an issue that has recently started happening on my T6 Ocean. I’ve had a scan through previous threads and done a search but haven’t been able to find anything relating to the same issue, apologies if I’ve missed it.

I have a 2019 T6 Ocean and lately (since August) when I go to raise the roof it immediately cuts out and asks whether the bed is down, windows are open etc. This normally only happens when lowering the roof, but has now started happening when raising too. I have the engine running when raising/lowering.

I’m just wondering whether anyone here has experienced the same and if so what was the fix? Vehicle is still under warranty but VW saying they can’t find a fault.
Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide.
Brian.

Have you had a software update recently?
My T5.1 roof used to go straight up with no pause but checked on the way down, the T6.1 stops and and asks you to check both when putting it up and down.

Thanks for your reply Andy. Will check with the dealer if that could be the cause!

Hey Brian

I had this issue a while back when I decided to raise the roof back up right after the warning appeared when lowering it. No biggie. Resetting the control panel did the trick for me. I forgot what the command is for that but should be easy to find in the forum. It is something like holding power and back (really can't remember right now).

I hope this helps

Hey Brian

I had this issue a while back when I decided to raise the roof back up right after the warning appeared when lowering it. No biggie. Resetting the control panel did the trick for me. I forgot what the command is for that but should be easy to find in the forum. It is something like holding power and back (really can't remember right now).

I hope this helps
I found the instructions in another thread. Here it goes:

Reset instructions courtesy of Welshgas:

1. Have you actually Switched the Control Panel OFF, using the Bottom L button?

2. Switch On the Control Panel using Bottom L button. This will re-boot software.

3. When Control Panel is On - Press and Hold Bottom R button and press Control Knob fora few seconds. A " New " hidden Menu is displayed. Scroll to " Volkswagen " and " Diagnostics " . Any Error codes shown?

If Codes shown, copy down and use Reset function to Clear them.

Mine always stops and bleeps if the engine is running. Try it with just the ignition on as per the instructions.

Back