Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Top Bunk tested!

W

Woodman

Vehicle
Looking to buy
We went to see the T6 Beach yesterday and really liked it. BUT, when both of us got on the top bunk the slightest movement by one person transmitted straight through to the other! The bunk is pretty firm, but some sort of topper or Thermarest would probably solve that, but because it is a single slat across, the movement transmission was a real problem. Is it possible to get someone to fit a double slat system aftermarket. It really surprised me that this happened after building them for so long.

On the bunk downstairs it had the vw 'topper' is that a good alternative or are aftermarket ones better.

We had hoped that we could sleep up top, so there was room for our dog downstairs.

The top bed is actually really good especially with a topper. A twin slat arrangement wouldn't work as there is no centre support rail. If you try a lot of VW conversions the top bed is plywood covered in carpet with a foam topper so the VW one is a lot comfier than that. There are better alternatives topper wise to the VW one for the bottom bed. I don't think people have many issues with the top bed.

Westfalia now use a different method which I think overcomes this 'transmittal'. Not sure what they are called (the mattress lies on top) so photo attached.....westybed.jpg

Edit: They call it a "a multi-dimensional spring system" !!

Back