Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

Time for another lie down..? ;) Great to hear that SK,
Cheers
Tom
And another glass of wine! ;) (Though perhaps not until a little later in the day!)

Really chuffed as the anticipated delivery date was end of May/early June up until this morning!

And another glass of wine! ;) Though perhaps not until a little later in the day!...

It's after 12:00 so it's ok... you go right ahead :thumb
Your post has given me a nice little boost today, as I'm only 2 weeks behind you.
I better start getting things in order!!

Thanks for sharing that one SK

Cheers
Tom

We ordered 17th Dec and vehicle (Ocean 204 DSG) is at UK port waiting for delivery to dealer so should be with me next week. I went to the dealer to sign the paperwork on Weds and he mentioned that there are now 6 month plus wait times if you order now.
VW are a law unto themselves, we ordered the day before you and are build week was this week, awaiting confirmation from dealer to say it has been started. We too ordered a ocean 204 DSG but with 4 motion. Very jealous of collecting next week.

VW are a law unto themselves, we ordered the day before you and are build week was this week, awaiting confirmation from dealer to say it has been started. We too ordered a ocean 204 DSG but with 4 motion. Very jealous of collecting next week.
It certainly does appear to be a lottery. Mine is also a 204 DSG 4Motion and wasn't ordered until 8th February but now sits in the port waiting to be shipped.

Good luck with your order and hope you get good news soon.

It certainly does appear to be a lottery. Mine is also a 204 DSG 4Motion and wasn't ordered until 8th February but now sits in the port waiting to be shipped.

Good luck with your order and hope you get good news soon.
You're not kidding about feeling like a lottery. I ordered end Jan and the build date isn't even confirmed yet! Great news, hope you get your hands on it very soon:)

You're not kidding about feeling like a lottery. I ordered end Jan and the build date isn't even confirmed yet! Great news, hope you get your hands on it very soon:)

Only had confirmed date from dealer yesterday . Ordered 20 th January.
See my post on page 15 of this thread.
My unconfirmed date oscillated between week 17,23 & 16 . It's a real YoYo VW world.
Here hoping for good news soon .
We live in the West Country ,spot lots of California around here.

My date was never confirmed, it just went straight from planned to in the factory and the next thing I knew it was sitting on the dock waiting a ship!

There must be some logic to this process but I'm damned if I can spot it! :confused:

Only had confirmed date from dealer yesterday . Ordered 20 th January.
See my post on page 15 of this thread.
My unconfirmed date oscillated between week 17,23 & 16 . It's a real YoYo VW world.
Here hoping for good news soon .
We live in the West Country ,spot lots of California around here.
Yes it does all seem pretty inconsistent doesn't it. To be fair to the dealer they have been proactive at keeping us updated. Good luck with your delivery:)

Seems to depend on the dealer. Ours has never updated us proactively. I've always had to drop an email over every week or so.

Just asked my german dealer for delivery information:
I ordered mid January and got an approximate of June/July.
Now he says end of September. I don't know what to do about this anymore.

hello Cave
I've posted this last week or so..

Ok I went to the garage today to ask for an update
I had the general manager and asked what was going on.
Now it seems it has to do with EU regulations conserning the extra rail for mounting
the 5th passenger chair.
Accourding to rules , if you mount an extra chair (with passenger i presume)the vehicle is to heavy and not up to EU specs conserning campers in that category......
never mind if you didn't order the chair or never have the intention of mounting one ever..
the fact that the rail is there means you CAN do it and so its not legal....
That Is why I presume all campers orderd in the UK get made first as I presume it has nothing to do with UK laws..
Damn those EU bureacrats.....
O yeah and I just found out also that the build date is week 26..not the delivery date as promesd before
mistake by the salesman...(according to the boss..so who's wright ..???).
Its beginning to look like a cheap tv soap...
I'm wondering if I did the wright ting ordering a VW as a Mercedes marco polo was also in the running
just the 9 months waiting time was to much for me..maybe I would got it sooner then now the VW.
Mayebe I should have known..they do not have a great reputation off telling the truth ey at VW......

The only comfort in all this is that I will most certainly get a 2017 and not a late 2016.

I ordered mine Ocean from VW Gothenburg in the beginning of december, and picked up last week.Skärmklipp.JPG

Peter: I have ordered the two extra seats and 4motion and DSG on my Beach, so lot's of heavy stuff. I guessed an Ocean would be heavier?
I sure would back out and get something else but I already payed them the 7000€ and I am unsure if I can back out and get my money back.

Peter: I have ordered the two extra seats and 4motion and DSG on my Beach, so lot's of heavy stuff. I guessed an Ocean would be heavier?
I sure would back out and get something else but I already payed them the 7000€ and I am unsure if I can back out and get my money back.
Hello Kave

the beach can not be subcribed as a camper here in belgium
as it has no kitchenette
only the coast and ocean are campers here by law..(it saves a lot on road tax and inscription tax)
also a 4 motion has no extra seat possibility(on the coast and ocean) as te middle rail is not fiited to make place for the back traction
cheers
Peter

My vision is there are also quotas involved.
The only reason why it takes so long for German orders. :(
Anyway if anybody still plans to place an order, here in CZ it turned out pretty cheap and fast delivery. Who knows maybe it was just luck. :confused:
But my dealer ordered 3 or 4 Californias this year and all were delivered within 3 months.
I've heard lots of germans order cars here.

also a 4 motion has no extra seat possibility(on the coast and ocean) as te middle rail is not fiited to make place for the back traction
4 motion has no middle rail? I see all 4.

I am sure hea meant Ocean which due to weight restrictions cant be fitted with both 4motion and extra seats.
I'm no expert
but the dealer told me both the ocean and coast
have no middle rail on a 4motion as the back traction connection rod sits just below the floor
right in the middle off the vehicle where the rail is supposed to be for an extra 5-th seat
I dont know what the deal is on a beach...
cheers
Peter

Your dealer is just guessing. Some Oceans in germany even have three rails and 4motion. Its just a weight limit problem.

Back