Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

Also, I found out yesterday, that you have to have owned your VW vehicle for at least 90 days. I was going to buy the oldest Golf or Polo I could find and claim the £1,000 saving but it can't be done in time, sadly.

Had to try!
The question is 90 days at point of order or point of vehicle collection? Given the delivery times if it was the latter some people could still do it!....... However I think it will be the former!

Susibus I ordered last week. I have never owned a Cali but do own a Touran. I just posed the question with the dealer and there was no problem.

Mike
Many thanks.

The question is 90 days at point of order or point of vehicle collection? Given the delivery times if it was the latter some people could still do it!....... However I think it will be the former!
It was the time of order. As I think someone said earlier, it's applicable to orders PLACED between Jan and March.

Tom, I think you meant that week 15 is the first full week of April, not May. I have read earlier in this thread that VW build weeks are typically one week ahead of my MS outlook calendar. (as the first Friday of 2016 was counted as VW build week 1 I believe).
That makes my provisional build week 13 = w/c 21/03/15, and your week 15 = w/c 04/04/16. Do correct me though if I have this wrong, I am not confident enough in this to state it as fact.
You are right CoboCali. I stand corrected :) Got some clarity from the dealer this morning - it seems that the 02nd May Date that he was referring to is when stage 2 part of the build will commence (as per Spotlight Kid's post #253.) Good spy, cheers :thumb

Sorry to hear that Calimera. That does sound a bit rubbish. Genuinely hope things improve for you with that. As for your dealer, might be worth showing up in person - or sending a mail to the manager. After all, you are the customer. Good luck! :thumb

The YoYo world of VW build dates .

Unconfirmed build week 23 now gone to unconfirmed week 16 .
Dealer " I`d hope to see the status showing confirmed production announced next week
or the following. "

Ordered mid-Feb, waited till we got to a month later before hassling Guy to see if there was a provisional build date....no luck yet! It's all so unpredictable. Ours is a 150 DSG Ocean.

The YoYo world of VW build dates .

Unconfirmed build week 23 now gone to unconfirmed week 16 .
Dealer " I`d hope to see the status showing confirmed production announced next week
or the following. "
great to see some better news on your order for you @calimera

Things may indeed be moving with the delays. Like Calimera I ordered my Ocean on 20th Jan and was given an expected delivery date of 31 May. I was then told build week 23. Dealer contacted me today with update from VW which states they should get by vehicle in the dealership for the end of May.

Things may indeed be moving with the delays. Like Calimera I ordered my Ocean on 20th Jan and was given an expected delivery date of 31 May. I was then told build week 23. Dealer contacted me today with update from VW which states they should get by vehicle in the dealership for the end of May.

Brilliant news .

Fantastic update from my dealer today: My California is now built and is awaiting shipment to the UK. It should be ready for pick-up in around 3 weeks depending on the ship. To recap: I ordered 6th Jan, news of a confirmed build week 12 was given to me on 17/3/16. This late April delivery date would be slightly ahead of Guy's original forecast back when I ordered, as I had expected early May delivery. Woohoo!

Fantastic update from my dealer today: My California is now built and is awaiting shipment to the UK. It should be ready for pick-up in around 3 weeks depending on the ship. To recap: I ordered 6th Jan, news of a confirmed build week 12 was given to me on 17/3/16. This late April delivery date would be slightly ahead of Guy's original forecast back when I ordered, as I had expected early May delivery. Woohoo!

Hi CoboCali - did you get any kind of a provisional build week before it went confirmed on 17th March?

Your post is filling me with hope having not heard anything yet since a mid-Feb order.

Hi CoboCali - did you get any kind of a provisional build week before it went confirmed on 17th March?

Your post is filling me with hope having not heard anything yet since a mid-Feb order.
I had provisional build weeks given to me quite quickly, and they fluctuated from week 14 to week 12.... but in the end week 12 was confirmed on 17/3, ie. the week before the build week itself. My dealer has been accurate and perhaps even conservative on the timeline all along, much to his credit.

Ordered on 29 of Jan. Had week 14 confirmed in 2 weeks. Dealer said it was on the way last week so most probably already in dealership. Going to check on Friday :)

Ordered on 29 of Jan. Had week 14 confirmed in 2 weeks. Dealer said it was on the way last week so most probably already in dealership. Going to check on Friday :)
Wow - that's fast. Looks like VW have overcome the worst of their delays. I guess shipping is faster for you - because it doesn't involve a ship ;).

Hope you're on the road soon.

Lots more LHD T6's built than RHD vehicles.:thumb

That's a great result. I ordered same time but still unconfirmed week 18, though mine's UK back-to-front :cool:. Hope you can delivery very soon and start enjoying it:)

Our dealer has never proactively given us any dates, I've always had to chase for info. Currently sitting at the port in Germany so not expecting it for another 2-3 weeks. Target date was early April.

Chased this week - still no build date....:( (Ordered mid-feb)

Annoying isn't it. The closer the time gets the slower it seems to be. Anyway, get planning your trips away and buying your gear. We've got a cupboard full of stuff and one corner of our spare bedroom with all the camping necessities.

That's a great result. I ordered same time but still unconfirmed week 18, though mine's UK back-to-front :cool:. Hope you can delivery very soon and start enjoying it:)
Delivered, so took less than 3 month from placing an order.
Dealer is sure it was that fast due to the 150kw beach version.

Chased this week - still no build date....:( (Ordered mid-feb)

Ditto! Orders from Feb onwards seems to have fallen into a black hole! Would be interested to hear if anyone ordering since in the UK has a provisional date yet.

Been watching this thread with interest for a while. We ordered 19th Feb, given a provisional build of week 19 around 3 weeks ago. At the time of ordering we were told to expect around a 4 month wait but I guess week 19 is more like 6 months for delivery.

150 DSG Ocean

We ordered 17th Dec and vehicle (Ocean 204 DSG) is at UK port waiting for delivery to dealer so should be with me next week. I went to the dealer to sign the paperwork on Weds and he mentioned that there are now 6 month plus wait times if you order now.

Finally we have a confirmed build date week 16 ( 18 th April) .
Great way to start the day.
Ordered 20 th January .
Dealer email said "Therefore we should have your completed California here I reckon during the
last week of May or early June."

Let's hope it is COMPLETED !!!!!

Have long check list with lots of additions. Will email before collection to confirm :
Price of dealers accessories( fitted),
Remote programmed with Cali
Factory options ordered are present( not collecting until have confirmation by email)
Take charging cable
Spare wheel is present
Seats swivel:)

So excited.:):)

Last edited:
Finally we have a confirmed build date week 16 ( 18 th April) .
Great way to start the day.
Ordered 20 th January .
Dealer email said "Therefore we should have your completed California here I reckon during the
last week of May or early June."
Let's hope it is COMPLETED !!!!!

Have long check list with lots of additions. Will email before collection to confirm :
Price of dealers accessories( fitted),
Remote programmed with Cali
Factory options ordered are present
Take charging cable
Spare is present etc ..

So excited.
Good for you Calimera, happy days! :thumb

Back