Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

Btw, Fordsyki100, there is a decent chance that if your Cali's build date was 18 Aug (mine was 15 Aug) it arrived in Shearness along with mine a few days ago.

SMG called VW to ask if it would be delivered (This was on Thursday afternoon while I was at SMG. The response was that it would be delivered between then and 01 Sept). I already chose my license plates. As I chose 66 Reg I cannot pick it up before 01 Sept anyway. I have a very strong suspicion that you could have your Cali on Thursday.

Received an email with confirmed week 38 build today!
Woohoo! That's less than a month away you lucky devil! When did order it if I can ask?

Rik

Oh - I'm SMG as well! When did you order? On 3rd March, I ordered a 204 DSG 4Motion and no confirmed build as yet (spoke to Martin a few days ago).

Oh - I'm SMG as well! When did you order? On 3rd March, I ordered a 204 DSG 4Motion and no confirmed build as yet (spoke to Martin a few days ago).

Make that three for Martin...

I ordered a 150 DSG Beach from Martin at SMG Tonbridge on 27 April. No confirmed build date, estimated Week 46.

Ah, they even sent me the VW form....

Both Roy and Martin v helpful sales people. Not necessarily best at returning calls though. I tend to send an email and then follow up with phone call.

However, if you are not too far away, I suggest you pop in personally. That way you will get your questions answered, and as well get to make love to all the Calis in the showroom before your own Cali bride arrives. The question of infidelity will not arise!

May I ask specs on your Cali?
Cheers for the info. Mine is 204 4motion dsg Indium Grey. When it arrives it is to be wisked away to have lowering springs , bike rack , side bars alloys and a few other bits and pieces added ......and all this needed to be done before my trip to Italy ( hopefully) friday morning !

Cheers for the info. Mine is 204 4motion dsg Indium Grey. When it arrives it is to be wisked away to have lowering springs , bike rack , side bars alloys and a few other bits and pieces added ......and all this needed to be done before my trip to Italy ( hopefully) friday morning !

Careful!

I might gaxump you and have it whisked away for myself with that spec!

Mine just a humble Beach!

Congrats, and top spec. Please PM me and let me know what bits you are adding (I am getting bike rack too) so I can see if some make sense for me too.

I've got an indium grey 204 DSG 4motion on order and also am having it lowered on delivery with plans for the other items on your list too.

I've just finished reading through this thread..... Jeepers, what a roller-coaster!! My expectation is/was circa 6-7 months from order to delivery.

I ordered a T6 Cali Beach 150 Manual last week...... Anyone want to make an educated guess? Nothing from Dealer yet.... My main concern now are the April 2017 VED rate changes, my purchase price ended up circa £42k. If the VED rate changes did't exist, I'd be happy with anything pre-easter 2017.

I've just finished reading through this thread..... Jeepers, what a roller-coaster!! My expectation is/was circa 6-7 months from order to delivery.

I ordered a T6 Cali Beach 150 Manual last week...... Anyone want to make an educated guess? Nothing from Dealer yet.... My main concern now are the April 2017 VED rate changes, my purchase price ended up circa £42k. If the VED rate changes did't exist, I'd be happy with anything pre-easter 2017.

My order for a 204 4 motion DSG Ocean was place at the end of July and we have a provisional week 50 build date with mid - end jan delivery if the Week 50 build date is held that will be a 6 month lead time.

If this lead time holds you should be OK for the March 31 deadline to avoid the VED changes

I am also hoping to sneak under the wire of the VED changes!! I ordered my Ocean just the week before last at £51k. I calculate a £1550 extra tax for the first five years under the new VED scheme when compared to the old!:eek::eek: Come on VW, up your output rates.......now!!!!!

I am also hoping to sneak under the wire of the VED changes!! I ordered my Ocean just the week before last at £51k. I calculate a £1550 extra tax for the first five years under the new VED scheme when compared to the old!:eek::eek: Come on VW, up your output rates.......now!!!!!
I can't do maths!! £1685 is nearer the mark and then each year onwards will be a saving of £45 a year on the current system.

Been updated by the dealer and our T6 Ocean is now built and waiting shipping to the UK so should be with us in around a month. For reference we ordered in Feb so around 8 months from order to delivery.
Just need to sell the temporary T5 SE now.

Been updated by the dealer and our T6 Ocean is now built and waiting shipping to the UK so should be with us in around a month. For reference we ordered in Feb so around 8 months from order to delivery.
Just need to sell the temporary T5 SE now.
8 months!!! Noooooo :shocked:shocked:Nailbiting:Nailbiting. I hope mine comes sooner than that........I ordered an Ocean only last week, had order confirmed yesterday.......8 months means April 17 and the new VED:eek::eek::sad:sad:sad:sad:sad:sad:Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting no nails left already! That's a whopping £1650 more than was expecting pay over the next five years. I shall still keep my fingers and toes crossed.

8 months!!! Noooooo :shocked:shocked:Nailbiting:Nailbiting. I hope mine comes sooner than that........I ordered an Ocean only last week, had order confirmed yesterday.......8 months means April 17 and the new VED:eek::eek::sad:sad:sad:sad:sad:sad:Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting no nails left already! That's a whopping £1650 more than was expecting pay over the next five years. I shall still keep my fingers and toes crossed.

Welcome to the VW lottery. I believe I have been unlucky with the 8 month wait so hopefully you wont have any problems, good luck

I was supposed to pick up mine tomorrow but will now pick up Saturday.

Went to Haynes car museum in Yeovil today, snd wondered why I didn't waste money on a classic instead....

All ro be revealed by first impressions Thursday (hope to see it as dropping by the dealer), and then drive back Saturday. Dealer says handover should take 1 hour max...

Ours will hopefully be no more than 9 months from order to delivery (currently provisional for November, having ordered in Feb). As Harry says, it's a lottery but I'd feel better in your position that order volumes might be lower at this time of year as the season is ending and people might normally wait until post-Christmas with the intention of having it for next summer. That is as long as there isn't a surge to avoid VED changes.

Dealer says handover should take 1 hour max...

Yikes. They spent an hour handing over our Beetle and that's a standard car (with sub-standard emissions :Nailbiting)

Definitely take the checklist from the forum with you so they don't try to fob you off with a quick handover and poor explanations.

Yikes. They spent an hour handing over our Beetle and that's a standard car (with sub-standard emissions :Nailbiting)

Definitely take the checklist from the forum with you so they don't try to fob you off with a quick handover and poor explanations.

Thanks and appreciated. Confirmed my impression.

Ours will hopefully be no more than 9 months from order to delivery (currently provisional for November, having ordered in Feb). As Harry says, it's a lottery but I'd feel better in your position that order volumes might be lower at this time of year as the season is ending and people might normally wait until post-Christmas with the intention of having it for next summer. That is as long as there isn't a surge to avoid VED changes.
Hmmmmm.......you will excuse me if I remain resigned to having to spend the extra money (Tax)!:headbang

Can you help me with the location of the handover list?

It's in the downloads section of the VIP Lounge. You do need to be a paid up member to access it (well worth the subscription cost!)

Back