Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

Hi Guys, I have not read all the posts (sorry) so my point could have been covered already, but I have it on good authority that all Cali orders with the optional DSG have been subject to an issue of mating up the new Euro 6 engines with the DSG gearbox. VW have had to make some changes to get them to "fit" together. I am also told, today, that this issue is now solved and so delivery dates should be a little firmer. Hope this helps. We shall see.

For me it's been 1 month and 4 days since I ordered 110kW DSG and still no word about unofficial date. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it's been 1 month and 4 days since I ordered 110kW DSG and still no word about unofficial date. Is this normal?

Not that you are counting! ;)
The point I made above could be a contributory factor/reason for this lack of information but in truth I do not know what is "normal". I think both you and I will have to tough it out for a while longer......(I ordered mine only today!!)

We ordered our Beach 17 Feb, but only went to confirmed build week 34 only last week - amended a few things, major change from manual to DSG in early June...
Still seems like a total lottery!
I ordered my Beach on May 26th from Carrs in Exeter, and five weeks later I asked to add a heated front screen and was told that no amendments to the order could be made at this stage...delivery forecast January! Did you have any hassle changing your spec?

I ordered my Beach on May 26th from Carrs in Exeter, and five weeks later I asked to add a heated front screen and was told that no amendments to the order could be made at this stage...delivery forecast January! Did you have any hassle changing your spec?

I ordered on 27 April, and about two months later I asked to upgrade the cruise control option to the adaptive cruise control option. I was told that it might be difficult as I had ordered under a previous price list, and there was a new price list, but the upgrade was allowed.

From my experience Yes. I got a build date after 3 months.

Mike

We had no problem, we changed a couple of things. My understanding is that changes can be made until the build week is confirmed.

You got final build date or first approximate date?

Same for us; provisional week 38 (status 10) after about 6 weeks. Still awaiting our confirmed (status 20) about now..
Emailed dealer yesterday who replied that still week 36 and hopefully end of September beginning of October.
I shall believe it when I'm sat in it. I have confidence in my dealer but not VW

Mike

Emailed dealer yesterday who replied that still week 36 and hopefully end of September beginning of October.
I shall believe it when I'm sat in it. I have confidence in my dealer but not VW
Did he happen to say status 10 or 20?

What is status 10 or 20?

What is status 10 or 20?

Status P – Awaiting allocation
Status V – Allocation assigned
Status 00 – Assigned to factory no production week scheduled
Status 10 – Factory ordered with production week
Status 20 – Factory ordered with confirmed build week
Status 30 – In transit

Yes, they sent me the form with order number and full details.

Just met up with recommended leather outfitter to get the seats done.

Update:

Went to see dealer this afternoon.

He called and our Cali now in port in Shearness. So with production date of 15 Aug 2016, it is in UK by 25 Aug 2016.

He made a call and was told it would be delivered between now and 01 Sept. He does expect within a couple of days. Because of new 66 Reg we agreed to pick it up 01 Sept onwards, and he graciously let us choose from various license plates available.

So to all those waiting: despair not, dear friends. Once the build date is confirmed, everything else shall follow in quick order.

In fact, this further confirms the theory of Darwinian natural selection!

Update:

He called and our Cali now in port in Shearness. So with production date of 15 Aug 2016, it is in UK by 25 Aug 2016.

He made a call and was told it would be delivered between now and 01 Sept. He does expect within a couple of days. Because of new 66 Reg we agreed to pick it up 01 Sept onwards, and he graciously let us choose from various license plates available.

So to all those waiting: despair not, dear friends. Once the build date is confirmed, everything else shall follow in quick order.

Fingers crossed they've built what you ordered!

Only joking:thumb

Fingers crossed they've built what you ordered!

Only joking:thumb

Ah, I am very non finicky.

I didn't even order. I just wanted to get my hands on one soon, so took the one they had ordered for show room.

One way to jump the Darwinian queue. Albeit Darwinian move too.

Pity won't have it for Cornish trip this weekend.

Update:

Can i ask which dealer has advised you this as i have been waiting for information on my California which i have been advised has been made (18th August) , but despite telling them i need by 1st September (next thursday)as i go away in it that day(if I'm lucky!) , they have still not given me any delivery information. Tried calling but no return call today! Not as if i have been waiting long........(only since end of January) .I know it is worth the wait but what a nightmare this has been !

Can i ask which dealer has advised you this as i have been waiting for information on my California which i have been advised has been made (18th August) , but despite telling them i need by 1st September (next thursday)as i go away in it that day(if I'm lucky!) , they have still not given me any delivery information. Tried calling but no return call today! Not as if i have been waiting long........(only since end of January) .I know it is worth the wait but what a nightmare this has been !

SMG vans in Kent.

First rate and very helpful.

SMG vans in Kent.

First rate and very helpful.
Thanks
Very Helpful .....Thats who mine is coming via ........just surprised (and worried )i have not heard anything .
Roll on Tuesday!!!! Phone will be hot!

Thanks
Very Helpful .....Thats who mine is coming via ........just surprised (and worried )i have not heard anything .
Roll on Tuesday!!!! Phone will be hot!

Ah, they even sent me the VW form....

Both Roy and Martin v helpful sales people. Not necessarily best at returning calls though. I tend to send an email and then follow up with phone call.

However, if you are not too far away, I suggest you pop in personally. That way you will get your questions answered, and as well get to make love to all the Calis in the showroom before your own Cali bride arrives. The question of infidelity will not arise!

May I ask specs on your Cali?

Back