Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

Oh dear, this seems to be getting a little silly. Perhaps everyone needs to "chill":bananadance. VW Cali, I'm sure it wasn't meant, but there are a lot of people who have been waiting a long time for their Cali's (10 months if the posts are anything to go by) so only natural that sense of humour is in short supply. It did feel a little like you where rubbing it in (not intended I'm sure).

Oh dear, this seems to be getting a little silly. Perhaps everyone needs to "chill":bananadance. VW Cali, I'm sure it wasn't meant, but there are a lot of people who have been waiting a long time for their Cali's (10 months if the posts are anything to go by) so only natural that sense of humour is in short supply. It did feel a little like you where rubbing it in (not intended I'm sure).

And another apology follows....

:).

It was not in jest, was seriously misleading, and smart arsey! I got found out!

(Not).

Picked up mine...

Not rubbing it in either in jest or otherwise.

Good luck to all. Dealer also not happy at VW movimg build dates around non stop.

Apparently one customer has had his/hers moved 10 times now.

@VW Cali don't forget to add a :)to your joke so that it doesn't get taken seriously ;)

I picked up mine on 03 Sep 2016!

(Not a joke. Fact)

Paid deposit only in July 2016!

(Another factual non-joke).

Hope not a single soul upset!

(Again, not a joke but a wish).

Empathise with people messed around by VW. 100%.

(True feeling).

Now since I have been admonished about jokes on this very sensitive matter, I am going to add a few smileys to my smilely credit bank so these can be invoked in future should a joke come across not onky as serious, but insulting or rubbing salt in others' VW inflicted wounds.

Come to think of it, I think Mike would make an excellent moderator. He's very fair, writes very well/helpfully, & is one of our most enthusiastic members. He'd definitely get my vote.

And you can get early points in by recommending him!

Am I allowed a contrary opinion?

I picked up mine on 03 Sep 2016!

(Not a joke. Fact)

Paid deposit only in July 2016!

(Another factual non-joke).

Hope not a single soul upset!

(Again, not a joke but a wish).

Empathise with people messed around by VW. 100%.

(True feeling).

Now since I have been admonished about jokes on this very sensitive matter, I am going to add a few smileys to my smilely credit bank so these can be invoked in future should a joke come across not onky as serious, but insulting or rubbing salt in others' VW inflicted wounds.

Haven't we heard before?

Haven't we heard before?

It has been disputed!

Or more accurately, suggested that it was a deliberately misleading statement.

Interestingly I added exactly 9 different smileys to my previous post out of which only 1 appeared!. Fact too.

The subtle point missed by the thought police was/is that it was actually the lengthy delays/lottery of build date, and super high residuals that made me decide that I didn't have the luxury of getting a preferred spec.

Then again, I am not the finicky type and have always tended to take whatever is on offer - make the best of an imperfect situation. Luckily, or unluckiky, because of above, I took a vehicle with dealer rather than my own spec.

Now, on this topic, what is your updated personal California build date experience?

And you can get early points in by recommending him!

Am I allowed a contrary opinion?
You certainly are allowed an opinion - there's no need to ask! ;)

I've been reading & writing since October 2015 - not that long I admit, but I have read many of Mike's posts. My interpretations are exactly what I have said above. He's a gent.

You certainly are allowed an opinion - there's no need to ask! ;)

I've been reading & writing since October 2015 - not that long I admit, but I have read many of Mike's posts. My interpretations are exactly what I have said above. He's a gent.

Well put.

I am sure he is. Some of have incurred his spontaneous ire for some reason. I cannot therefore comment because my sample size of interaction with him is too small and too skewed.

This is the Cali delay thread isn't it?;)

Well our wait is almost over - our Beach, ordered in February, has now been built and is awaiting transport from Emden - that's about 28-weeks between order and being finished, another couple perhaps until we get it.:thumb

This is the Cali delay thread isn't it?;)

Well our wait is almost over - our Beach, ordered in February, has now been built and is awaiting transport from Emden - that's about 28-weeks between order and being finished, another couple perhaps until we get it.:thumb

Congrats!

Ours was built on 15 Aug, Emden 17th Aug and delivered to dealer on 31st Aug. So your 2 week estimate bang on.

In fact dealer had thought it may even arrive earlier so you could narrow down your ETA to 10-15 day range from today.

Be warned though that unless you owned Cali before you need to give yourself a couple of practise days for the various features.

Congrats!

Ours was built on 15 Aug, Emden 17th Aug and delivered to dealer on 31st Aug. So your 2 week estimate bang on.

In fact dealer had thought it may even arrive earlier so you could narrow down your ETA to 10-15 day range from today.

Be warned though that unless you owned Cali before you need to give yourself a couple of practise days for the various features.
Yes, there will be some adjustment - currently using a 2005 Manual Caravelle (for sale very soon!), so used to the size, etc, but DSG, ACC, media unit, climatic control, reversing camera, pop-up and so on all new!

Yes, there will be some adjustment - currently using a 2005 Manual Caravelle (for sale very soon!), so used to the size, etc, but DSG, ACC, media unit, climatic control, reversing camera, pop-up and so on all new!

Cool.

We only have DSG and pop up on ours. We do have a very nice media unit that syncs v well to our phones. Didn't even realise dealers had ordered no Sat Nav. But works a treat with Google Maps.

No Sat Nav strange for us as our favourite ever car a 2000 BMW 740 Sport bought from BMW Park Lane then not only had the coolest Sat Nav, but brilliant TV, a remarkable Traffic Master that showed live speed of traffic on every road in UK. Oh and it had the Tolls Royce nappa leather too....

Lots of cars since then but none captured our heart same way except for a 2 seater 550 bhp all wheel drive mid engined beauty (which I still keep).

Will the Cali capture our heart the same way as above two? Not sure yet....I have a feeling it is what you do with it that will determine that.

Otherwise it is just a van!

Just re-read the dealer's email, it's on its was to Emden, still, traveling in the right direction!

Last edited:
Basically all cars 4x4 or whatever are metal boxes with wheels. Cali's are as comfortable as any but give you freedom and an opportunity to experience a lifestyle. It is down to the individual to make the dream a reality.

Ordered T6 DSG Beach Week 17

Given a provisional build date of Week 41
Build date later slipped to Week 44
Phoned dealer today - Build week now slipped to Week 2 2017.

37 weeks order to build. An adult female body can produce a baby in less time than that (the male body is somewhat less skilled).

Back