Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

[QUOTE="16432[/ATTACH] [/QUOTE]

How did you get the Crafter on the bike rack?

8 ½ Months Wait Is Over
Today i have finally collected The California Ocean 204DSG 4 Motion
Indium Grey ,
Led Lights
Media nav system plus and handsfree
Cruise
Diff Lock
F&R parking sensors and camera
Lights and vision package
Hill descent
Shower
Detachable Towbar
And Probably more!!!!
Professionally lowered , Chrome side bars , chrome tailgate strip , chrome front highlight strip and 18'' Toluca alloys all supplied and fitted by CVS Canterbury today.

I have endured much pain waiting for this replacement vehicle for my T5.1 Berghaus which was sold in february after initially being advised delivery in 3 months . I have missed all the season and have had to take alternative holidays this year ..............was it worth the wait ?
YES IT WAS !
I am extremely pleased with the final look of the T6 . I debated long and hard about the colour back in January and really didn't know which way to go with the additions , black wheels ?chrome wheels? black bars? chrome bars ?lowering springs or air suspension? question after question ,wait after wait , incorrect info after more incorrect info ! But you know what .......it is all worth it and i think its turned out exactly as i hoped.
Many Thanks to Matt Reader @CVS Canterbury for all his expert knowledge and advice and extra bits of "bling " added today without me asking! He kept me sane throughout this whole process and probably stopped me cancelling the order back in June when i had given up hope!

To everyone else waiting . Stick with it . Yes its a painfully long and slow process but it is definitely worth it in the end !

No more posts for me in Delays section

On the road for our first trip 1st October .........France here we come !!!!!!!!
View attachment 16428 View attachment 16429 View attachment 16430 View attachment 16432 View attachment 16433
8 ½ Months Wait Is Over
Indium Grey ,
Led Lights
Cruise
Diff Lock
Hill descent
Shower
Detachable Towbar
And Probably more!!!!
Professionally lowered , Chrome side bars , chrome tailgate strip , chrome front highlight strip and 18'' Toluca alloys all supplied and fitted by CVS Canterbury today.

I have endured much pain waiting for this replacement vehicle for my T5.1 Berghaus which was sold in february after initially being advised delivery in 3 months . I have missed all the season and have had to take alternative holidays this year ..............was it worth the wait ?
YES IT WAS !
I am extremely pleased with the final look of the T6 . I debated long and hard about the colour back in January and really didn't know which way to go with the additions , black wheels ?chrome wheels? black bars? chrome bars ?lowering springs or air suspension? question after question ,wait after wait , incorrect info after more incorrect info ! But you know what .......it is all worth it and i think its turned out exactly as i hoped.
Many Thanks to Matt Reader @CVS Canterbury for all his expert knowledge and advice and extra bits of "bling " added today without me asking! He kept me sane throughout this whole process and probably stopped me cancelling the order back in June when i had given up hope!

To everyone else waiting . Stick with it . Yes its a painfully long and slow process but it is definitely worth it in the end !

On the road for our first trip 1st October .........France here we come !!!!!!!!
View attachment 16428 View attachment 16429 View attachment 16430 View attachment 16432 View attachment 16433

Just magnificent. A very unusual colour that gives different impression under different lights.

I think you have done as much to the Cali as can be done - tastefully.

Well envisioned, well executed. Enjoy in robust health.

Just magnificent. A very unusual colour that gives different impression under different lights.

I think you have done as much to the Cali as can be done - tastefully.

Well envisioned, well executed. Enjoy in robust health.
Thank you . Your comments are appreciated .:thumb

8 ½ Months Wait Is Over
Indium Grey ,
Led Lights
Cruise
Diff Lock
Hill descent
Shower
Detachable Towbar
And Probably more!!!!

YES IT WAS !

Excellent job fordyski!! The amount of lowering looks just right too, still good ground clearance. Is your glass the factory privacy option?

8 ½ Months Wait Is Over
Indium Grey ,
Led Lights
Cruise
Diff Lock
Hill descent
Shower
Detachable Towbar
And Probably more!!!!

YES IT WAS !

Beautiful! Got the same Indium Grey California Ocean 204DSG on order but not got 4 Motion or your lovely wheels. Sadly, can't yet convince my wife that wheels can be a thing of beauty so stuck with standard 17" Devonports. Still, we are getting a number of other options including LED headlights, F&R parking sensors with camera, Discover media navigation system plus and the chrome side bars which I now know after seeing yours, will look good.
Have a fantastic holiday.

8 ½ Months Wait Is Over
Indium Grey ,
Led Lights
Cruise
Diff Lock
Hill descent
Shower
Detachable Towbar
And Probably more!!!!

YES IT WAS !

Very nice, I think I need a set of those alloys and some black side bar.

Thank you . Your comments are appreciated .:thumb

Can I make a request?

My van in red above your post. What external bling add-ons would you recommend? And what colour etc?

Your opinion will be much appreciated.

Excellent job fordyski!! The amount of lowering looks just right too, still good ground clearance. Is your glass the factory privacy option?
Hi Skinee D . Thank you for your comments .Much appreciated .
option for glass chosen was' Green Heat insulating glass in cab with double gazed green privacy glass '
This worried me when i specced as i didn't want it too green and wanted dark at rear . It is just right and against grey vehicle looks grey/black not green.

Beautiful! Got the same Indium Grey California Ocean 204DSG on order but not got 4 Motion or your lovely wheels. Sadly, can't yet convince my wife that wheels can be a thing of beauty so stuck with standard 17" Devonports. Still, we are getting a number of other options including LED headlights, F&R parking sensors with camera, Discover media navigation system plus and the chrome side bars which I now know after seeing yours, will look good.
Have a fantastic holiday.
David you will be really pleased with yours when it turns up . You can always 'Bling it ' later with some different wheels . The Devenports look great and if you do what i did and allow it to turn up on the Devenports you will have a spare wheel when (if ) you change the wheels (which i wouldn't have had if i had ordered Tolucas initially), plus i now have a set of 'winter wheels' in the form of Devenports !(Food for thought!!!)
Enjoy yours when it arrives.

Can I make a request?

My van in red above your post. What external bling add-ons would you recommend? And what colour etc?

Your opinion will be much appreciated.
Hi VW Cali.
I really like the look of your Beach . The Red is really nice colour and looks striking.
Personally i would add black side bars , lower the suspension on sport line springs(-30mm) and possibly add the extra chrome strip on lower front grill (see mine) (You could possibly change front top grill to same as the one on the Ocean with 2 chrome strips on top but i don't think i would worry about that)
Nothing else you could add to it .
Its all personal choice , but i think thats what i would do .
Let me know if you do anything else to it .
However , it still looks stunning as it is . And the leather is superb . (Something i am considering for future!)

We too collected ours today. It's already packed and we are planning a quick short break to try everything out.
DSG is so smooth and the new dash is so much classier. And I've just been out in the dark to test the main beam assist. Very clever.
March 5th to September 20. A long time but definitely worth the wait.

We too collected ours today. It's already packed and we are planning a quick short break to try everything out.
DSG is so smooth and the new dash is so much classier. And I've just been out in the dark to test the main beam assist. Very clever.
Excellent Nottledim.Have a great time and I agree , the interior dash is finally 'executive car like', just what we deserved after spending all that cash .
Enjoy

Go to show us some pics its the law :)

Hi VW Cali.
I really like the look of your Beach . The Red is really nice colour and looks striking.
Personally i would add black side bars , lower the suspension on sport line springs(-30mm) and possibly add the extra chrome strip on lower front grill (see mine) (You could possibly change front top grill to same as the one on the Ocean with 2 chrome strips on top but i don't think i would worry about that)
Nothing else you could add to it .
Its all personal choice , but i think thats what i would do .
Let me know if you do anything else to it .
However , it still looks stunning as it is . And the leather is superb . (Something i am considering for future!)

Some great ideas there. Anything to make it less van like.

I suppose best to get VW to do this?

8 ½ Months Wait Is Over
Indium Grey ,
Led Lights
Cruise
Diff Lock
Hill descent
Shower
Detachable Towbar
And Probably more!!!!

YES IT WAS !

Gorgeous.

Pics tomorrow, and I'm going to change this dreadful avatar too.

David you will be really pleased with yours when it turns up . You can always 'Bling it ' later with some different wheels . The Devenports look great and if you do what i did and allow it to turn up on the Devenports you will have a spare wheel when (if ) you change the wheels (which i wouldn't have had if i had ordered Tolucas initially), plus i now have a set of 'winter wheels' in the form of Devenports !(Food for thought!!!)
Enjoy yours when it arrives.
Thanks ford, I will use your suggestion ref winter wheels in the future but it will seem like an eternity before we even get the Cali. At least most of the waiting period will be during the winter months when we are least likely to be out and about touring.

Pics tomorrow, and I'm going to change this dreadful avatar too.
Look forward to seeing the pics. Nothing wrong with your avatar, at least you had the forethought to use a site alias (if that is the correct description) unlike me.

Look forward to seeing the pics. Nothing wrong with your avatar, at least you had the forethought to use a site alias (if that is the correct description) unlike me.
Neither did I David but mods changed it very quickly on request.

Mike

Great to see all these vans arriving - congratulations to everyone!

Some great ideas there. Anything to make it less van like.

I suppose best to get VW to do this?
It depends . On my previous California i fitted side bars and chrome strip myself , however i let CVS fit the lowering springs and i would suggest you add 4 wheel laser wheel alignment to your costings as well .I once didn't ........it cost me 4 tyres 3000 miles later . Now i always have it checked.

Back