Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

We now need to monitor here for a Grape Yellow roof and Bamboo Green roof:
https://goo.gl/maps/giuMu2dgvAL2
I must have missed something here I shall be looking for an Acapulco Blue roof. I thought you had the same colour - obviously not. Bamboo Green - that is the longest wait colour. You must be a saint!

I am guessing this must represent the colour profile of VW TRansporter sales - mainly white. No wonder white is the shortest lead-time!

Just had a Christmas present! Just been informed my Status 10 has changed to Status 20 (22 weeks to get there). That's a confirmed build date. The week? No change, so that means week 4. On track to avoid that nasty VED hike? Looks like it. Its getting exciting - at last.:thumb

Many congrats! Was hoping for the same but looks like red vans are a fortnight behind you! On the plus side all of my Brandrup seat covers arrived today, so it's not all bad news. :D

I must have missed something here I shall be looking for an Acapulco Blue roof. I thought you had the same colour - obviously not. Bamboo Green - that is the longest wait colour. You must be a saint!
Well - we both had it wrong:
- I thought you were Bamboo Green, not Acapulco Blue.
- You thought I was Acapulco Blue, then Bamboo Green.
- However, I am neither, I am Grape Yellow.

Well - we both had it wrong:
- I thought you were Bamboo Green, not Acapulco Blue.
- You thought I was Acapulco Blue, then Bamboo Green.
- However, I am neither, I am Grape Yellow.
Another hazard of changing specs on the way maybe!!

Just had a Christmas present! Just been informed my Status 10 has changed to Status 20 (22 weeks to get there). That's a confirmed build date. The week? No change, so that means week 4. On track to avoid that nasty VED hike? Looks like it. Its getting exciting - at last.:thumb

Happy Christmas indeed JW :):)!!

I now have status 'Code 38' 'In Port of Exit Released' which basically means it has been built and will be spending a lonely christmas stuck in the Emden shipping port :(

But hey, Mr.Blu will be home soon...My dealer says it will be here in january.

For those who may be interested, I paid my deposit on the 18th of May 2016, so it will pretty much be 8 months from start to finish. Its going to be a long xmas!

Happy Christmas indeed JW :):)!!

I now have status 'Code 38' 'In Port of Exit Released' which basically means it has been built and will be spending a lonely christmas stuck in the Emden shipping port :(

But hey, Mr.Blu will be home soon...My dealer says it will be here in january.

For those who may be interested, I paid my deposit on the 18th of May 2016, so it will pretty much be 8 months from start to finish. Its going to be a long xmas!
Oh, but the anticipation!! Excellent news, particularly after such a long wait. Nice name btw. And you avoid that nasty VED increase :):thumb

The factory must be having a Acapulco Blue run!! I've got week 3

Any pictures, haven't actually seen an Acapulco Blue in the fresh and there isn't many pictures?

It looks stunning, much better than I expected actually. Unfortunately though I couldn't take a picture today - we've decided that the first rule of van club is that we can only take epic pictures of our van :). We'd worked out a suitably epic place to park up but, by the time we got there, it had started chucking down and we didn't want to get wet....

I am guessing this must represent the colour profile of VW TRansporter sales - mainly white. No wonder white is the shortest lead-time!
I wish white was the shortest lead time, ordered 3rd week of September and been given unconfirmed build date of wk 17

I wish white was the shortest lead time, ordered 3rd week of September and been given unconfirmed build date of wk 17
DSG? Or other long lead-time item - some alloys, dealer allocation delays? Its a complex matter. I make that 31 weeks. Mine will be 27 at best - longest I have seen during my wait is 54 weeks! Others 41, 38, 33 etc. Regrettably its part of the experience.

@Hantshog Are you still unconfirmed build at week 16? Mine is still unconfirmed at week 4. Oh, I ordered end August but now getting rather frustrated as others seem to be shifting forwards but seemingly not mine!

Still hoping to miss the dreaded VED increase though. Need to stay positive :thumb
I contacted my dealer last Friday.unconfirmed build date week 16. Its gone back 2weeks.I think you have a month on me. I doubt I will avoid the tax change.

I contacted my dealer last Friday.unconfirmed build date week 16. Its gone back 2weeks.I think you have a month on me. I doubt I will avoid the tax change.
Since I sent my post I have been confirmed at week 4. I hope your build date can come forward as do detect some optimism on the forum what with VW shake up. Redundancies and renewed customer focus etc. Fingers crossed for you.

DSG? Or other long lead-time item - some alloys, dealer allocation delays? Its a complex matter. I make that 31 weeks. Mine will be 27 at best - longest I have seen during my wait is 54 weeks! Others 41, 38, 33 etc. Regrettably its part of the experience.
Oh well it's no point in worrying about it as, I don't think I'm going to avoid the new tax changes :(

Oh well it's no point in worrying about it as, I don't think I'm going to avoid the new tax changes :(
Got my fingers crossed for you.

Some might say that I'm one of the lucky ones, as I receive the war pension mobility supplement (same as higher rate mobility) I have a VED exception certificate, so I don't pay road tax
But I'd willingly pay all the road tax if I could have my legs back and not be in constant pain

My order for California ocean tech 204 DSG placed on 16th December 2016, no dates given yet but hope to receive her by end May 2017

Some might say that I'm one of the lucky ones, as I receive the war pension mobility supplement (same as higher rate mobility) I have a VED exception certificate, so I don't pay road tax
But I'd willingly pay all the road tax if I could have my legs back and not be in constant pain

My order for California ocean tech 204 DSG placed on 16th December 2016, no dates given yet but hope to receive her by end May 2017
Amen - I will always salute our heroes. Your Cali? Just in time for the summer:thumb:thumb

Back