Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 wind deflectors

• Thread starter thesquirrelpatrol
  • Start date
Presume you don't have the laminated slightly thicker glass as I understand there is a a problem if you do.
Got thicker glass with acoustics package. Original ones still stick inside fine.

Got thicker glass with acoustics package. Original ones still stick inside fine.
Thanks. Got them on my order so will stick with them to avoid any issues

I've just spoken to the dealer to see if so can order the original VW T6 ones that aren't stick on but go into the window channel - he has told me that as far as they are aware they can only get the stick on ones? Does anyone have a part number of reference number that I can quote?

Thanks,

Jez

The VW ones stick on the the door. Just ask your dealer for a pair + £42 if memory serves. Same part as t5 I believe. You can fit them yourself with ease.

Well I've installed the Dubflectas but I must say it was a bit of a chore. Driver went in without too much trouble but the passenger was having lots of troubles with the safety mechanism throwing wobblys.

Eventually got the passenger side window up and left it to settle. If I need to replace I'm going with stick-on ones from VW. Dislike the way the windows seems to "bend" into place.

I ordered a pair of ClimAir, but when arrived I discovered they were only mountable with at screw in the window frame, so they where returned.

Now I have the original VW. I took a rare luxury and asked the garage to mount them, but that did not went well. First time opening the window, it could not close again, and the deflector came loose.

Well, they look good, blend in well. Are a little bit noisy, but I guess its the price. I am satisfied.

Well I've installed the Dubflectas but I must say it was a bit of a chore. Driver went in without too much trouble but the passenger was having lots of troubles with the safety mechanism throwing wobblys.

Eventually got the passenger side window up and left it to settle. If I need to replace I'm going with stick-on ones from VW. Dislike the way the windows seems to "bend" into place.

I had the same problem with our van when it was new. Just couldn't get the windows to close properly at all.
Gave up in the end and got the Climair ones.
Looks like the window seals must bed in a bit with use as I sold them to someone with a one year old van and they worked fine.

No problem with the Dubreflecta ones as long as you follow the instructions.

No problem with the Dubreflecta ones as long as you follow the instructions.

Followed the instructions to the letter! Still had problems with the passenger side. Window is closed now but if problems occur they will be binned. I'll take a look at the Climair ones if needed thanks @briwy

Followed the instructions to the letter! Still had problems with the passenger side. Window is closed now but if problems occur they will be binned. I'll take a look at the Climair ones if needed thanks @briwy
Have you got the single glass front windows or Double Glazed? I have the single. I followed the instructions but also used Silicon spray on the rubber seal all around the window opening on installation as I had had problems you described on another vehicle some years ago when fitting ClimAir deflectors. Also make sure the metal clips are pushed well up into the channel.

I got the non-stick from VW dealer (more than 100€!). They driver's one gives problems from time to time. The passenger's most of the time. I removed it and tried to put it back again and wait for 1 week or so with the window closed.
As WelshGas mentioned it may be because I have the acoustic package and my windows may be thicker.
In any case, if they keep stopping the window from closing properly I will remove and try to sell them.

They have settled in a bit and seem to be doing more or less what I expected. Oddly the difficult passenger seems to 95% fine now. The driver has a very intermittent problem with the one touch close. It's OK when you activate and hold to close.

I fitted Dubflectas on our new T6. They were very easy to fit and there are no problems using the windows. The only small side-effect is a barely audible click as the glass slides into the channels and brushes the metal clips.

I've just spoken to the dealer to see if so can order the original VW T6 ones that aren't stick on but go into the window channel - he has told me that as far as they are aware they can only get the stick on ones? Does anyone have a part number of reference number that I can quote?

Thanks,

Jez

Hi Jez,
Do you still need the part number? If so I can ask the dealer who sold them to me.

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the offer but aid went for the Dubflectas in the end as couldn't get the part number - really pleased with them though so no harm done.

Thanks again anyway - if you've got it then would be good to post it for anyone else looking who finds this post.

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for the offer but aid went for the Dubflectas in the end as couldn't get the part number - really pleased with them though so no harm done.

Thanks again anyway - if you've got it then would be good to post it for anyone else looking who finds this post.
Here it is. However, for the reasons explained before I wouldn't recommend them. Plus they are too expensive.
c10181d554b926983a299846f298cd55.jpg

Just ordered the stick-on type. Looking at the California Time video, these look to maximise the potential to deflect rain away from the door tops and controls when you open the driver/ passenger windows when raining or if the van is wet.

Back