Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 wind deflectors

• Thread starter thesquirrelpatrol
  • Start date
thesquirrelpatrol

thesquirrelpatrol

VIP Member
Do the t5 deflectors as made by dubflecta still fit the t6? Also looked at the heko ones at the time I fitted my dubflectas but think they required a screw to fit whereas dubflectas just pushed in. Do the Vw oem ones need to be screwed?

Do the t5 deflectors as made by dubflecta still fit the t6? Also looked at the heko ones at the time I fitted my dubflectas but think they required a screw to fit whereas dubflectas just pushed in. Do the Vw oem ones need to be screwed?
The VW ones are stuck on using double sided tape.

The T5 Dubflectas also fit the T6.

New T6 VW original ones stick same as dublfectas. At least on mine were installed this way.

New T6 VW original ones stick same as dublfectas. At least on mine were installed this way.
Spook,

Can you please post a photo of your VW supplied wind deflectors? I'm after ones that push in to the frames. This is what VW supplied for my Sharan. I'd prefer to keep it all VW, but I'm not really a fan of the sticky tape ones that were available from VW on the T5. All personal pref of course.

Appreciated,
Thanks

Dealer warned they had complaints about window not closing.
And said the only thing they could do in the end is to remove them.
So far had this glitch only when trying to close windows from remote.

download

Personally I prefer the external mounted ones that use the mounting tape as they don't deform the window seals.

Last edited:
They didn't even have that option for T6, so.
Im fine with these. They don't stick out much and not that noisy when driving fast.
We'll see how they perform.

Splitmike on the previous thread " fitting deflectas" said he has used coolair deflectors with success. Think he may have meant climair .Anyone else used them ?

Last edited:
They didn't even have that option for T6, so.
Im fine with these. They don't stick out much and not that noisy when driving fast.
We'll see how they perform.
Thanks for the picture, very helpful.

I asked my dealer about these after seeing them on another forum member's T6. I was essentially double-checking the info with you. My dealer can't find them on the system & is still offering the sticky tape ones. Maybe VW have changed the wind deflector (but not the description?) Curious.
Do you (or anyone else) know the VW part number for these?

Nice wheels by the way.
They look identical to the ones on my Sharan, now that I have finally been able to ditch my winter wheels/tyres.

Thanks again.
Tom

Personally I prefer the external mounted ones that use the mounting tape as they don't deform the window seals.
Fair do's Loz. I'm a bit concerned that some scum bag might fancy them for his VW & try to rip them off.
I know the stick tape is fairly tough, & I hope that it would give way, not the paint !!

Cheers
Tom
(Ex Touareg owner :thumb)

Fair do's Loz. I'm a bit concerned that some scum bag might fancy them for his VW & try to rip them off.
I know the stick tape is fairly tough, & I hope that it would give way, not the paint !!

Cheers
Tom
(Ex Touareg owner :thumb)
I think it's down to the tape used, I have some 3M stuff that is stronger than the plastic wind deflectors..

We tried Dubflectas when our T5 was new but neither of the windows closed so reverted to Climair ones which we had on the previous Cali. No problems with them.
I sold the Dubflectas to someone with an older T5 and they were fine. I think the ruibber window seals compress slightly with age allowing a bit more clearance which then enables the windows to close correctly.
http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/side-window-deflectors-front-p-5423.html

They look pretty smart too. Thanks briwy.
Again - good to know they fit / no problems.

Cheers

We tried Dubflectas when our T5 was new but neither of the windows closed so reverted to Climair ones which we had on the previous Cali. No problems with them.
I sold the Dubflectas to someone with an older T5 and they were fine. I think the ruibber window seals compress slightly with age allowing a bit more clearance which then enables the windows to close correctly.
http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/side-window-deflectors-front-p-5423.html

Thanks briwy , think we'll try the climair ones.
Forgot I did contact the website/ dealer a while back. Good video . Quick reply.
"Yes the T5 and T6 are the same shape in the windows .Please see the link to the product on our website ".

http://www.climairuk.com/Volkswagen-T5-5-door-5-2003-on-Front-Window-Deflector-pair.html

Last edited:
I had the stick on VW ones fitted by the dealer because, I too, was a bit worried about sticky tape and the nice new paintwork. So far so good, they look great and work brilliantly.

Hi all the T6 doors are the same as the T5 as there's no change in the body shel however the mirrors on the doors look virtually the same but there not they actually sit lower so if your getting the stick on ones from a t5 that mount externally
Just double check around the mirror offer them up first.
The ones that fit inside the rubber should slide straight in no problems / just for the people that are unsure

Got Dubflectas for my new T6 and they fitted really easily with no problems whatsoever so far.

Back