T7 Hybrid for 2017 ?

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Well, while at the Dealership had a good nose round a T6 Ocean and a drive in a T6 Caravelle. Both very nice vehicles but I was underwhelmed by the changes. Think I will be waiting for the T7.

I'd like to use my T5 pre facelift more often! No chance of us even considering a T6 or T7. It's became a much loved part of our family despite the lack of use

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Well, while at the Dealership had a good nose round a T6 Ocean and a drive in a T6 Caravelle. Both very nice vehicles but I was underwhelmed by the changes. Think I will be waiting for the T7.

Exactly my thoughts when doing a testride in a T6 ocean recently.
Having a LHD 2012 SE don't see me ever swapping it for aT6 .....
Next generation model we have to see , think is gonna be a total makeover(must be imo.)

Hi WelshGas,

How did they compare from a driving perspective? (T5 v T6)

How was the ride quality, was it quieter more refined, less wallowy, over bumps?

Please elaborate...

To be honest. If I had been blindfolded then I couldn't have told you whether I was driving a T6 or a T 5 apart from the fact that the T6 was a 150. There was nothing that said to me " I must have that ". Not even the cup holder.
I can see the significant differences going from Nothing to a T6, from a T4 to a T6 or even a T5 to T6, but a T5.1 to a T6. Unless you always want the latest, or your T5.1 has a lot of miles under its belt then, I personally, do not feel there is any difference in the driving experience between the two, certainly not the additional £10 - 20,000 it might cost to change. True you are missing out on ACC, LED road lights etc - if you really want them, but then some of them might be able to be retrofitted, in time. I doubt if ACC will be, but then I like driving, not just steering.
I know I said I was underwhelmed, but you must admit that the way VW introduced the T6, the information and literature available has been appalling. I don't think they really had their heart in it. I know they have had other problems, but even so!

Can't understand why nobody else is overjoyed with the rear cup holder. I've been pining for one for 6 years now!
The worst part is that those that do buy a T6 cali won't even appreciate it and understand the hardship I've suffered all this time without one.
Lucky gits

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Can't see why one use a cup holder if you got a worktop and a table at hand....
Oh , you mean drinking and driving....not done!

Table's too far away for me when I'm relaxing, have to keep leaning forward!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Don't forget the additional lights in the rear door and in the ceiling of the bellows, one each side and another at the rear. These were good IMHO much better than the flexi light.

To be honest. If I had been blindfolded then I couldn't have told you whether I was driving a T6 or a T 5 apart from the fact that the T6 was a 150. There was nothing that said to me " I must have that ". Not even the cup holder.
I can see the significant differences going from Nothing to a T6, from a T4 to a T6 or even a T5 to T6, but a T5.1 to a T6. Unless you always want the latest, or your T5.1 has a lot of miles under its belt then, I personally, do not feel there is any difference in the driving experience between the two, certainly not the additional £10 - 20,000 it might cost to change. True you are missing out on ACC, LED road lights etc - if you really want them, but then some of them might be able to be retrofitted, in time. I doubt if ACC will be, but then I like driving, not just steering.
I know I said I was underwhelmed, but you must admit that the way VW introduced the T6, the information and literature available has been appalling. I don't think they really had their heart in it. I know they have had other problems, but even so!

I personally, do not feel there is any difference in the driving experience between my T5 and the T6.

John

Marketing. I once owned an Audi......

I will be keeping "Bug" for a few years and will accept the issues after the warranty expires. Expect the worse.

Strangely for a car manufacturer Mitsubishi have incorporated plenty of updates in their new PHEV Outlander (so I bought one).

In Defence of the T6......

If I had a T5 or T5.1 Cali then fine, I really wouldn't bother going for a T6. Fair play n' all.
The T5 / 5.1 Cali is a superb vehicle & most here certainly know that, myself included.

It's been nearly a year since I rented a T5.1 Cali & I am really looking forward to getting my hands on my dream vehicle, a California. The timing/personal circumstances have dictated a T6, otherwise it would have been a new 2014 T5.1
I feel really lucky indeed. It may or may not deserve to be called a T6 - I am not overly bothered about that. What I do admit to is being slightly disappointed when I read & sense (perhaps unnecessary) undertones of negativity here and there against what should still be a great vehicle. Bottom line for me - if it's as good as a T5 or T5.1, then I'm certainly not going to be disappointed.

If anyone is disappointed, just buy a T5 or stick with your existing camper. Unless there are downsides really worth mentioning, you might put folk off, & that could be one less Cali on the road - a bit of a shame in my opinion, although resale-wise that actually might please some!
Just my thoughts.

As I stated in my post, maybe not well enough, there are NO downsides to the T6, just not enough in the way of changes/upgrades to make it significantly different to the T5.1, as there was in the transition from the T4 to T5.
I hope the T7 will not be a T6.1 when it comes along, if it does!

As I stated in my post, maybe not well enough, there are NO downsides to the T6, just not enough in the way of changes/upgrades to make it significantly different to the T5.1, as there was in the transition from the T4 to T5.
I hope the T7 will not be a T6.1 when it comes along, if it does!
Fair do's WG :thumb

I think it will be years before a T7 comes out. I can't see VW having the money to spend on R&D. Whatever they do will be driven by commercial vehicles and let's face it it's hardly an innovative market looking at the design on Transit vans and the like.

The Bulli concept was 'cute' but was smaller than the T5 so what platform would it be based on? Launching a new platform in the near future?! Unlikley. Using that style for a commercial vehicle?! I doubt it.

My T6 arrives in the new year. I've ordered one because it's come out just as I want a safer, easier to drive & use van than my T2 Bay. The T5 ticked those boxes and I would be buying one of them for next year if it was still the current new vehicle.

In product development it's certainly evolution rather than revolution and that suits me as the outgoing California is so damn good. My friends got one. Would I be as tempted with a 'Bulli' style van....hmmmm probably not. Look at the 'new Beetle' ... I'd rather have a Golf instead.

In Defence of the T6......

If I had a T5 or T5.1 Cali then fine, I really wouldn't bother going for a T6. Fair play n' all.
The T5 / 5.1 Cali is a superb vehicle & most here certainly know that, myself included.

It's been nearly a year since I rented a T5.1 Cali & I am really looking forward to getting my hands on my dream vehicle, a California. The timing/personal circumstances have dictated a T6, otherwise it would have been a new 2014 T5.1
I feel really lucky indeed. It may or may not deserve to be called a T6 - I am not overly bothered about that. What I do admit to is being slightly disappointed when I read & sense (perhaps unnecessary) undertones of negativity here and there against what should still be a great vehicle. Bottom line for me - if it's as good as a T5 or T5.1, then I'm certainly not going to be disappointed.

If anyone is disappointed, just buy a T5 or stick with your existing camper. Unless there are downsides really worth mentioning, you might put folk off, & that could be one less Cali on the road - a bit of a shame in my opinion, although resale-wise that actually might please some!
Just my thoughts.
Mr Tommy Gun.... well said ....

I think it will be years before a T7 comes out. I can't see VW having the money to spend on R&D. Whatever they do will be driven by commercial vehicles and let's face it it's hardly an innovative market looking at the design on Transit vans and the like.

The Bulli concept was 'cute' but was smaller than the T5 so what platform would it be based on? Launching a new platform in the near future?! Unlikley. Using that style for a commercial vehicle?! I doubt it.

My T6 arrives in the new year. I've ordered one because it's come out just as I want a safer, easier to drive & use van than my T2 Bay. The T5 ticked those boxes and I would be buying one of them for next year if it was still the current new vehicle.

In product development it's certainly evolution rather than revolution and that suits me as the outgoing California is so damn good. My friends got one. Would I be as tempted with a 'Bulli' style van....hmmmm probably not. Look at the 'new Beetle' ... I'd rather have a Golf instead.
Ummm.. Can't help thinking that car makers have to innovate or die, so I think they will have to continue moving forward in order to help boost sales. The transporter as a base vehicle has had record sales in recent years and VW will have to wrk hard to keep it there. I think the vehicle will follow its natural cycle of progression...

I personally, do not feel there is any difference in the driving experience between my T5 and the T6.

John
From my 204DSG test drive, there was certainly a hefty shove in the back when accelerating compared to mine and that is something I would like. I would also like the adaptive cruise. But it's not the right time to change mine and maybe the T7 will be out when (and if) I do. (Or it could be the T8 by then!)

In the meantime I won't feel hard done by slumming it in our T5 :D

Purhaps best to focus on electric power than dieselgate engine's....
Wait and see if it is gonna be a production model this time becouse we have seen plenty of concept Bulli's in the past but non on the market!

I have my reservations about an electric California. Kind of reduces its go anywhere appeal (unless the roof is a solar panel and it has a wind turbine too)

I haven't got a T6 yet! Don't want to know anything about T7's for at least 3 years!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

I know I'm a bit stuck on a theme but I can wait until they sort out the T6 ordering and options but not for a T7. I'm too damned old. However a stroke of a pen at VW HQ could give me the option of a petrol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back