Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Taking food into France by Eurotunnel

F

flymartin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I get an error when searching for posts on this..

I’ve been to France a few times since Brexit and have avoided taking meat and dairy products because these are not allowed. But I’ve never been checked and I assume they don’t really care about my sandwiches.

Now we’re off to France on Friday and bringing a couple of massive meals from Cook and various cheese and yogurt type things which would be annoying to get confiscated.

Any recent experiences of being stopped and searched for food products at Eurotunnel Folkestone on the way to France?

Just returned from Ypres via the tunnel; they were only concerned/checking for two things; (1) gas was off (2) no stowaway on board. Never had the fridge or cupboards checked.

Just returned from Ypres via the tunnel; they were only concerned/checking for two things; (1) gas was off (2) no stowaway on board. Never had the fridge or cupboards checked.
Same. Take your bacon with confidence.

Same here never been checked, just don't try & argue in the extremely unlikely event that you did get checked.

Same. In fact I never bothered restricting the food/drinks available on board the Cali ....

I've taken ham, cheese, milk and Bovril. Never been stopped (never say never). Go to supermarket Cite' Europe, as soon as you arrived bigger choice or ham and cheese. Milk is not so easy. This one is similar to British milk and spreadable butter, which doesn't seem to be popular over there.

20221019_093003.jpg

20221019_140156.jpg

Been back and forward to UK from Spain in 2022/23 and soon 2024 and have never been checked about contents of our fridge.

The only time we have been checked was a roadside stop by Swiss customs. My brother got stopped in Strasbourg last week whilst driving back to his Milan house from the UK, avec contraband UK sausages and cheddar. The douane complemented on his choice of deli products and gave him the details of an Irish website that exports decent sausages by mail order to Europe :D:D:D:D

I've taken ham, cheese, milk and Bovril. Never been stopped (never say never). Go to supermarket Cite' Europe, as soon as you arrived bigger choice or ham and cheese. Milk is not so easy. This one is similar to British milk and spreadable butter, which doesn't seem to be popular over there.

View attachment 121017

View attachment 121018
'Doux' butter is unsalted; 'salé' also available. I'd say the only thing you really need to take is Yorkshire Tea. Not everybody's first requirement, though, perhaps.

'Doux' butter is unsalted; 'salé' also available. I'd say the only thing you really need to take is Yorkshire Tea. Not everybody's first requirement, though, perhaps.
You can get good or better quality of just about everything in France... but not Yorkshire Tea. Luckily I found an online source for Switzerland!

Thank you all for the info. We have now made it safely to France again without our food stash being checked!