Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The 199 (204) order club

I received this from my dealer “Engine changes to comply with the latest emission standard (Euro 6d-ISC-FCM, more commonly known as RDE 2) begin in week 46 2020. “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think thats for the 150 (and is a seamless transition from current production - as opposed to the delay for 199/204)

I think thats for the 150 (and is a seamless transition from current production - as opposed to the delay for 199/204)

That’s what I wondered. Surprising as the dealer knew I was specifically asking about the 199/204.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure I agree. I had a couple of things back ordering my Ocean 5 years ago and again now ordering a Kombi and then switching to a Beach, where the dealer was denying any knowledge (around extended warranty). I think poor communication within VW and alongside dealers denying all knowledge hoping you’ll accept what they say. Not honest behaviour somewhere along the line. I find it disheartening that they just ‘no’. No matter how many times I say I know of other customers having been offered it. The whole thing could be resolved by (a) your dealer trusting you are not lying to them and (b) the dealers following the forum so they are also up to date on the deals being offered.
So are you saying that the dealer should rely on a non VW run forum to get accurate information to give to their customers? I just want the dealer to give the accurate information direct to me as their customer, no discrepancies, no grey areas. Without me having to pick it up from other sources and then scrabble around to work out the truth from a load of uninformed others. I don’t think they should be getting their info from the forum but direct from VW to pass on direct to their customers.

So are you saying that the dealer should rely on a non VW run forum to get accurate information to give to their customers? I just want the dealer to give the accurate information direct to me as their customer, no discrepancies, no grey areas. Without me having to pick it up from other sources and then scrabble around to work out the truth from a load of uninformed others. I don’t think they should be getting their info from the forum but direct from VW to pass on direct to their customers.
I absolutely agree. Just had a long chat with my best friend in NL about exactly the same thing. No, we shouldn’t be relying on the forum. But, sadly, without the forum I would not have had my extended warranty which proved valuable. And others would have paid £300 more for extended warranty.
I find it incredibly frustrating that each time I talk to my dealer I’m told I’m saying things that are not true, when I know they are because of this forum. It is wrong that it is that way round. I don’t have the answer. Sorry.

Not really thought about dealer fit options but i do fancy the idea of removing some of the arch gap.
I have just had a look at their options and I think 30mm may leave me wanting more but they do offer a coilover set which would allow for me to fine tune the look i would like, and i presume would be covered by VW warranty should i have issues if they fit before delivery? May investigate further. Just thought, would factory fitted suspension require me to inform the insurance and pay extra for performance enhancing modifications?
Sorry to the purists, but i do want to add some 20" wheels, lower it and add side bars. Most of this would be better value from countless aftermarket suppliers to an equal standard so may end up spreading the wealth a little one it arrives. But these are such a personal vehicle anyway so why shouldn't we make them our own, as long as we can return it to standard should we need to sell.
It is exciting though, first new vehicle i have ever purchased and now there is clarity over import duties i feel i can starting purchasing some goodies for fitting on arrival.
Excellent, go for it!!! You've got to personalise a Cali for sure!

I just had a call off VW Customer Support after ranting somewhat on the chat earlier this week. The lady I spoke to was very understanding and apologetic and basically confirmed that the factory orders are full for this year, a build date will be allocated either the end of December or early January.

I asked about the confusing statements, videos and emails regarding the Brexit tariff "offer". She has promised to look into this for me and get back to me early next week. For our 199 orders, the end of March or 28 Days - whichever comes first thing is very unfair. It should surely be done purely on order date. It's not our fault their engine doesn't comply with the latest emission regulations. The delay is because instead of fudging the figures they've actually got to do something about it this time!!

I will let you know when I hear back from them. If anyone else has got anything in writing can they please share (although the statement on the VWCV website doesn't even mention March/28 days :rolleyes: ).

o_Oo_Oo_O

That's it, I'm leaving this forum, I've been sussed out.

ps. I still want to know how you got it first time!!!??
You've left your digital footprint all over the web. Have a look at your facebook profile. I’d tune it down if i were you. That alone tells you where you live, who you're married to and what jobs you’ve had. Just tap your name into 192.com with your location and you’ll come up. I could if i wanted to find your exact address from all that as i’ve got a 192.com subscription for work purposes but didnt bother as its no interest to me. However, there maybe people who want to know your address and what you have on your driveway.

You've left your digital footprint all over the web. Have a look at your facebook profile. I’d tune it down if i were you. That alone tells you where you live, who you're married to and what jobs you’ve had. Just tap your name into 192.com with your location and you’ll come up. I could if i wanted to find your exact address from all that as i’ve got a 192.com subscription for work purposes but didnt bother as its no interest to me. However, there maybe people who want to know your address and what you have on your driveway.
Blimey! That’s scary stuff Kevin. Thanks for the tip off. Tempted to come off Facebook completely now, but the groups are good. When you say “tune it down” what do you mean/recommend exactly?

I would like to join the 199 Club as I am also waiting to hear when my Ocean will be built which I ordered 17 August so earlier than everyone here I think. I ordered a 199 ( now 204 ) 4 Motion In Sage Green.
I have been told by VW chat that production is full until the end of the year and week 6 is indeed when they start to install the new engine.I am guessing there will be a period of time to change over the production process which wont start until after the Christmas/New Year shut down, hence week 6
I have challenged my dealer JCT Hull over the production and delivery timescales and the duty situation by email yesterday so i will report back if I have anything more definite. Clearly if VW make an offer like that but can’t deliver the product within those timescales then it’s a worthless offer which will need to be changed otherwise there will be some very angry VW clients especially those ordering close to the December deadline. I wonder what the dealers taking those orders are promising their clients on timeframe and price certainty!!

just a thought, I was told and I can’t remember by who that all VW dealers get allocated a quota of vehicles per year and I wonder if some of the delays are due to various dealers (mine being one of them JCT ) had already sold their production quota for 2020 before they took my order hence it was never going to arrive until 2021. Anyone got any thoughts on this

Just to add to the 199 (204) production confusion, VW chat told me a couple of weeks ago that the factory assembly line was being reconfigured for RDE2 production 2nd week of November and it was expected RDE 2 vehicles would be produced after that date. I ordered beginning of October and am still awaiting a production date but VW chat did say that although this years production was full it could still be before the week 6 mentioned elsewhere...

I cancelled mine. The lack of information regarding a build date, and a delivery which would have been 8 months after I initially ordered was too much.
I bought a lovely T6 69 plate with all the options ticked in October which has been great. And while it would have been nice to go to a 6.1, overall it would have been a downgrade. I also prefer the dash in the 6.

I did order a Yaris GR though since they appear to be all the rage :D

Contacted VW Chat today, still no build date, but they expect one to be allocated this month. The wait continues !

Just ordered a 199 ocean! Did wonder why the spec listed 5 cylinder 2.3 but configuration shows 199.
anyone got any info on the new engine as couldn’t really find much on tinternet

Just ordered a 199 ocean! Did wonder why the spec listed 5 cylinder 2.3 but configuration shows 199.
anyone got any info on the new engine as couldn’t really find much on tinternet
Congratulations!
There's some engine data in the brochure here:
I didn't think you could order a 199 now...as it is being replaced in 2021 with a 204hp RDE2 compliant engine (better emissions/fuel efficiency). And with all the luck in the world, if you've just ordered a new California, you're not taking delivery this year. I don't think the 204 data is available yet - are they still refining/testing it I wonder?
1606994417116.png

At the moment the VW Ordering System has not been updated, it still shows 199 PS. So your order shows a 199, and you get a 204.
You don't get away with paying the 199PS price. You have to pay pay VW the extra £1,200 + for them to supply you with a compliant vehicle!

At the moment the VW Ordering System has not been updated, it still shows 199 PS. So your order shows a 199, and you get a 204.
You don't get away with paying the 199PS price. You have to pay pay VW the extra £1,200 + for them to supply you with a compliant vehicle!
Yes was around 3k more than a 150!

WOW! That will buy alot of diesel, and more mpg as well.
Hence why I’m trying to find out what exactly it is as I could prob still change back if I wanted, and yes it’s a lot of diesel but prob in reality not much diff in mpg. The extra torque will be better tho with 5 people plus gear, although the 150 was ok with dsg box. And if it is the 5 cylinder prob more durable?Maybee it even switches of a couple of cylinders when cruising to save fuel like the vw petrol engine ?

.And if it is the 5 cylinder prob more durable?Maybee it even switches of a couple of cylinders when cruising to save fuel like the vw petrol engine ?
I spotted mention of a 5 cylinder engine in one of the specification documents but can't find it again. I am pretty sure the reference to 5cylinder in the spec is a typo. If not VW have had the quietest ever launch of a new engine & put it in their most obscure model first.