Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The 199 (204) order club

I spotted mention of a 5 cylinder engine in one of the specification documents but can't find it again. I am pretty sure the reference to 5cylinder in the spec is a typo. If not VW have had the quietest ever launch of a new engine & put it in their most obscure model first.
That’s what I thought, maybee it’s top secret.
still looking for info.......it is mentioned in the 6.1 sport line transporter brochure but again no info on engine?

Hence why I’m trying to find out what exactly it is as I could prob still change back if I wanted, and yes it’s a lot of diesel but prob in reality not much diff in mpg. The extra torque will be better tho with 5 people plus gear, although the 150 was ok with dsg box. And if it is the 5 cylinder prob more durable?Maybee it even switches of a couple of cylinders when cruising to save fuel like the vw petrol engine ?
Hi KatyCherry,
I’m sure you’re aware but the standard configuration of the Ocean is only 4 seats. You mention 5 people above. If you want 5 seats you’ll have to order the 3rd rail and squeeze in an extra seat between the rear bench and the front seats. The extra seat significantly reduces leg room for anybody sitting on the bench seat makes the living/kitchen area very challenging for camping (maybe impossible). Others on here might have experience to share?

Well if this new 5 cylinder engine is only 98kw its remarkably like that fitted to the early T5 known as the 130 engine.

Hi KatyCherry,
I’m sure you’re aware but the standard configuration of the Ocean is only 4 seats. You mention 5 people above. If you want 5 seats you’ll have to order the 3rd rail and squeeze in an extra seat between the rear bench and the front seats. The extra seat significantly reduces leg room for anybody sitting on the bench seat makes the living/kitchen area very challenging for camping (maybe impossible). Others on here might have experience to share?
Hi Grumpy Granddad
I thought that’s probably the case as our old 7 seat beach was the same, we used to take extra seats out when we went away as it also massively limited us on space to pack camping gear. It’s also mega heavy but in a couple years we prob won’t need it much anyway as eldest is nearly 19 And yes would love to hear if it’s possible to make up lower bed with it still fitted as it’s a pain to remove when away?

Hence why I’m trying to find out what exactly it is as I could prob still change back if I wanted, and yes it’s a lot of diesel but prob in reality not much diff in mpg. The extra torque will be better tho with 5 people plus gear, although the 150 was ok with dsg box. And if it is the 5 cylinder prob more durable?Maybee it even switches of a couple of cylinders when cruising to save fuel like the vw petrol engine ?
And I selected 4motion so wanted the extra grunt from the 199PS

So Brexit tax no longer an issue!!!

Anyone found any info on the new 204 engines yet?

So Brexit tax no longer an issue!!!

Anyone found any info on the new 204 engines yet?
I was on VW chat today and asked a question about emissions and mpg for the new engine, they couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me anything. You would think being this close to having the engines available for build they would have the data. Also still no build date for us !!

I was on VW chat today and asked a question about emissions and mpg for the new engine, they couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me anything. You would think being this close to having the engines available for build they would have the data. Also still no build date for us !!
Yes, I foresee further delays sadly......

Honestly not surprised. I was given a 10-12 month delivery window by my dealer back in mid Nov when i confirmed my order.

Hi, we are joining the waiting room, having just paid our deposit this week , thanks for the thread to help keep an eye on what is happening/ not happening..

Hi, we are joining the waiting room, having just paid our deposit this week , thanks for the thread to help keep an eye on what is happening/ not happening..
Make yourself comfortable. Its going to be a long one.

No. The T7 maybe.

VW state " it will be used transversely in the future MQB platform " so not the T6.1
Yes your prob right, even if it is on 6.1 it’s probably asking for problems and just more junk to get around emissions, for the moment I’ve decided to go 150 now as i think the 3k extra would be better spent on handling upgrades such as big wheels and DCC!( Partly because of kids travel sickness) and my old 150 had plenty of go anyway And I can get 50 horses extra for couple hundred quid anyway if I really want to later on. Unless of course the new 204 is a 5 cylinder 2.3 litre Audi engine, then it may well be worth it?

We have a 199/204 on order (ordered early October) and as yet we don’t have a build date, as expected.

Yesterday however, I got a video message from our dealer (Listers, Coventry) and they said that although there isn’t a confirmed build week yet, it is ‘pencilled in’ for February.

It didn’t seem like the live chat on the website was working yesterday but will be there today, so I will chase this up with them and see. Sounds like ours will have a preliminary build week - let’s see! Will post more later.

Anyone else had an update over the last day or two?

I had a discussion on chat yesterday as I also have a 199/204 (4 motion) on order since mid August, they told me that no build dates will be confirmed until week 6 which I understand is when the new engine is starting to be fitted.

So many mixed messages !!

All communication has been appalling in my opinion. If I was purchasing a “normal” car I would have cancelled the order by now, I’m hoping it lives up to our expectations when it does finally arrive!

Just pulled the trigger on a Candy White 204 4Motion with a few options (11 :)
Breeze Poole were absolutely Magnificent in their customer service @Michael Breeze
Thanks Michael, Matt and Justin for your dedication.
Here’s to a Happier New Year :)

Just pulled the trigger on a Candy White 204 4Motion with a few options (11 :)
Breeze Poole were absolutely Magnificent in their customer service @Michael Breeze
Thanks Michael, Matt and Justin for your dedication.
Here’s to a Happier New Year :)
Left it till the final hour then, braver than us, we ordered just before Christmas Eve, I must count our options yes happy new year,

Only hours to go to before the 2.4% price rise. I wonder how many more price rises there will be before anyone ordering now gets their Cali, because it looks like it could be quite a wait.

Anyone got a full spec on the new 204 engine yet ? I can find the detail anywhere on the internet