Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This week I've bought '________' for my Cali

Got a couple of Carbon fibre drinks trays for the loungers.

image.jpg

Silly Question, aren't they always. My Cali Ocean is not due until June

My wish list is growing

So my question is, do I order the essentials now or wait and see if the Everything California online store has a Bank holiday sale:rolleyes:

Silly Question, aren't they always. My Cali Ocean is not due until June

My wish list is growing

So my question is, do I order the essentials now or wait and see if the Everything California online store has a Bank holiday sale:rolleyes:

I'd wait not necessarily for a sale but just to see if you actually need more stuff.

Ordered a Cali topper for our first family weekend camping as it looks like we may get wet. Thanks to everyone on the forums who have given lots of help with deciding what to get at this stage.

Hi Alibee
I went to look on the three site and was a bit confused. I have an old Nokia which I am using as a radio in Brian. If I buy a three sim like you I can't work out which package to go for to get a good deal for a three week trip abroad, can you help?
Ps: the Nokia is a Lumia, not a 3210 :)

Hi Yorkie,

It's a terrible website, and the customer services isn't much better either, but I haven't found the same price per GB with any other provider. The plan I went for is the 12GB pay-as-you-go SIM-only plan, with the data valid for 12 months. Should be the top one on this page:

http://store.three.co.uk/view/searc...rTariff=50to99.99&payGPriceForTariff=0to49.99

This obviously only gives data, no calls/texts, but it's going in a Mifi device in our Cali so we don't need those functions. The data is valid in a huge range of countries;

http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Roaming_and_International/Roaming_Abroad/Destinations

Last year we bought a couple of 2GB SIMs in Spain, for a two week trip, and used about 75% of the data between four of us, so we're hoping 12GB will be more than enough for the trips we have booked this year.

Hope that helps and all the best for your trip. :D

Last edited:
They will be offering 10% off for visitors to their open day

Will there also be 10% off for those of us who can't get to the open day but could order on line on that day? :)

Hi Yorkie,

It's a terrible website, and the customer services isn't much better either, but I haven't found the same price per GB with any other provider. The plan I went for is the 12GB pay-as-you-go SIM-only plan, with the data valid for 12 months. Should be the top one on this page:

http://store.three.co.uk/view/searc...rTariff=50to99.99&payGPriceForTariff=0to49.99

This obviously only gives data, no calls/texts, but it's going in a Mifi device in our Cali so we don't need those functions. The data is valid in a huge range of countries;

http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Roaming_and_International/Roaming_Abroad/Destinations

Last year we bought a couple of 2GB SIMs in Spain, for a two week trip, and used about 75% of the data between four of us, so we're hoping 12GB will be more than enough for the trips we have booked this year.

Hope that helps and all the best for your trip. :D

I buy these quite regularly..... When I purchase direct from Three, I always need to phone to activate, as they arrive with a zero balance, even tho advertised as pre-loaded. However, when I purchase from Amazon (sold by Three.) They arrive ready, and activated..... Just plug into my Mifi and all's good. Here's a link to amazon item:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M3VJ2B2/?tag=eliteelect-21

Last edited:
I have amakita drill and torch but didn't even think about using my batteries in a vac ☹️
Their garden tools are good too, hedge trimmers, strimmers etc.

I buy these quite regularly..... When I purchase direct from Three, I always need to phone to activate, as they arrive with a zero balance, even tho advertised as pre-loaded. However, when I purchase from Amazon (sold by Three.) They arrive ready, and activated..... Just plug into my Mifi and all's good. Here's a link to amazon item:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M3VJ2B2/?tag=eliteelect-21

Just £24 here. I use them all the time in a dual sim phone.

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/SIM-Cards/3/3-PAYG-4G-Trio-Data-SIM-Pack-Incl.-12GB-Data

Ok, Ok.... Purchased a few weeks ago, and have been using it at home since..... However, got around to using it in the van last night, for which it was originally purchased for.

http://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/PPX4935_EU/picopix-pocket-projector

We simply set the projector on the table, and use the side window blind as a screen. We watched a drama series episode last night, which was 1hr 30mins long, just off the projectors internal re-chargeable battery. We drove the projector from my MacBook, via the HDMI cable directly. We also plugged a Jawbone Jambox, speaker, as the speaker built into the projector is "just ok" - Better in van than at home tho.

Here's how it looks, it's pretty much the full size of the window blind, and display is in HD quality:

View attachment 19918

This looks great - considering getting one of these myself, but probably the cheaper 4835 since I'd be using it with a HDMI cable, and I think the specs are pretty much the same apart from the wireless capability.

Is the picture plenty bright enough with all the blinds closed? Does it even work well with some daylight too?

Is it noisy?

Can you adjust the size of the picture to suit the distance between the projector and the screen?

For example, if I got one, we'd be sat in the driver/passenger seats looking towards the rear. I'm investigating if it would be possible to set up some sort of neat, removable, stowable screen to drop down (unroll) from the rear overhead cupboard to mid-way down the rear seat, providing a big 16:9ish screen. But this would mean the projector is at the front, and the image may be too big for the screen at that distance, so would need to be adjusted to fit. Also the projector would be next to where we sit, hence my question re noise levels.

Alternatively, if that sort of screen is somehow doable, have the projector attached to the bottom of the rear overhead cupboard, and use rear projection instead.

All this is only vague thoughts at the moment, as whatever I did it would have to be removable without any permanent fixings on the van or anything that would damage it.

This looks great - considering getting one of these myself, but probably the cheaper 4835 since I'd be using it with a HDMI cable, and I think the specs are pretty much the same apart from the wireless capability.

Is the picture plenty bright enough with all the blinds closed? Does it even work well with some daylight too?

Is it noisy?

Can you adjust the size of the picture to suit the distance between the projector and the screen?

For example, if I got one, we'd be sat in the driver/passenger seats looking towards the rear. I'm investigating if it would be possible to set up some sort of neat, removable, stowable screen to drop down (unroll) from the rear overhead cupboard to mid-way down the rear seat, providing a big 16:9ish screen. But this would mean the projector is at the front, and the image may be too big for the screen at that distance, so would need to be adjusted to fit. Also the projector would be next to where we sit, hence my question re noise levels.

Alternatively, if that sort of screen is somehow doable, have the projector attached to the bottom of the rear overhead cupboard, and use rear projection instead.

All this is only vague thoughts at the moment, as whatever I did it would have to be removable without any permanent fixings on the van or anything that would damage it.

Good call, as the wireless, when I use it, has lag between the video & sound.... Plus, it kills battery life much quicker wirelessly - Via HDMI, is good for us also.

Unfortunately, on mine anyway, the screen size isn't adjustable, unless I haven't found a soft-option yet in the menus somewhere. There's only a focus wheel on the side of the device. We were glad to find it projects to the correct/optimum size on the side window-blind from width of the van distance, but not sure how your scenario will turn out tho.

It's quite noisy, less noticeable in the van actually..... Seems to be more of a distraction in the living room. However, due to required cooling, they all have some level of noise, and I think this one is better than most.

Good call, as the wireless, when I use it, has lag between the video & sound.... Plus, it kills battery life much quicker wirelessly - Via HDMI, is good for us also.

Unfortunately, on mine anyway, the screen size isn't adjustable, unless I haven't found a soft-option yet in the menus somewhere. There's only a focus wheel on the side of the device. We were glad to find it projects to the correct/optimum size on the side window-blind from width of the van distance, but not sure how your scenario will turn out tho.

It's quite noisy, less noticeable in the van actually..... Seems to be more of a distraction in the living room. However, due to required cooling, they all have some level of noise, and I think this one is better than most.

Thanks for that - yes I've just found the manual and looks like there is no adjustable screen size, so I'd have to calculate the distance and screen size using the throw ratio and see if it would work.

Noise is a bit of a concern - I'll have a think about it a bit more, and maybe try one from Amazon as at least its easy returns :)

Is it noisy?

Here's a further option.... Again, works well....

IMG_4159.JPG

This week I took the plunge and ordered some new seat covers for the drivers and passengers seat. Look forward to update them. My Indian Summer ones are still okay however IMO little bit outdated and the new ones fit better to my film covered kitchen. I got the Brandrup Second Skin Moonrock/Valley. Happy!SecondSkin Valley_Moonrock.jpeg

Preparing for the second season, we work on small changes and enhancements.

One of them is the closets under the sink. They are actually not very functional and there are quite some lost space. So I went to IKEA and bougt some small drawers, but they where very heavy and actually smaler than the original. So I regret and took thr plunge towards these original ones.

It is really a huge difference. Very nice

ede674d1b13fa04144827b7813959801.jpg
b1587aedfff87969d705b2419e1bde6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the bin to the right? Ta.

What's the bin to the right? Ta.

Yep! Hanging from the plastic cover on the seat. Just a random piece from a camping shop … but works quite well. Can even reach it from both seats while driving.

Here's a further option.... Again, works well....

View attachment 20292

Where (and how) do you mount the projector for that option?

After thinking about it I was leaning more towards getting an Avtex TV instead, mostly because of the fan noise of a projector and uncertainty about screen position, plus I found that Gallant now do a "lift off" TV mount which makes quick mounting/unmounting easy.

But then I saw this photo and my mind is changing again... :headbang

image.jpeg My wife made these pendants. These go on the drive away awning when we camp

image.jpeg
Also bought an auto xs rubber boot liner and some folding bowls and a bucket from Aldi

Back