Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This week I've bought '________' for my Cali

Grrrr! Everything i bought is going back!!! They sent left hand drive carpets, the draining board doesn't allow the cooker lid to snap shut and the ladders are a safety hazard!

Grrrr! Everything i bought is going back!!! They sent left hand drive carpets, the draining board doesn't allow the cooker lid to snap shut and the ladders are a safety hazard!
Oh no! That's terrible.

Who did you buy them all from? The ladders? Which design? I was going to buy some but don't want to make the same mistake.

Oh no! That's terrible.

Who did you buy them all from? The ladders? Which design? I was going to buy some but don't want to make the same mistake.
It's these http://www.vwcampershop.nl/en/campe...op-up-roof.html?search_query=Ladder&results=2
They're sturdy and do stow in the wardrobe side of the boot but I can't see how they fold, they don't hook onto the edge of the bed entrance and they slip (not non slip feet) I'm very disappointed :( I've emailed them to see if they can advise on correct positioning. There's a know thing too that I have no idea what it's for. I've asked for right hand carpets sending and a refund on the draining board. Their communications have been great so far so let's see what they reply.

It's these http://www.vwcampershop.nl/en/campe...op-up-roof.html?search_query=Ladder&results=2
They're sturdy and do stow in the wardrobe side of the boot but I can't see how they fold, they don't hook onto the edge of the bed entrance and they slip (not non slip feet) I'm very disappointed :( I've emailed them to see if they can advise on correct positioning. There's a know thing too that I have no idea what it's for. I've asked for right hand carpets sending and a refund on the draining board. Their communications have been great so far so let's see what they reply.
Hi Glamper Gladys. I see you ordered anthracite carpets. I have contacted vwcampershop today for a price for carpets and I assumed the carpets in all new californias had moon rock grey. do you have anthracite carpets? i think i'd better contact the dealer before i splash out £300 on wrong colour carpets. but thanks for your post. i will ensure i get RHD version.

f7a6db1ebf122e525ed74571ccf69f24.jpg

Bought a piece in a DIY store, cut it and fit it to the licences place holder to cover it when using the towbar bike rack.

Hi Glamper Gladys. I see you ordered anthracite carpets. I have contacted vwcampershop today for a price for carpets and I assumed the carpets in all new californias had moon rock grey. do you have anthracite carpets? i think i'd better contact the dealer before i splash out £300 on wrong colour carpets. but thanks for your post. i will ensure i get RHD version.
Hi Hantshog, yes moonrock grey is factory fitted and very nice but is also very light! I ordered anthracite to go over the top of the fitted cab carpets because the bit between the seats is getting easily marked after 2 monthsbof careful use (no dogs, no kids, rubber monster mats in the footwells) so i thought this fit and colour might help :)

Today I bought for my Cali........a Kenwood DDX4017DAB head unit and reverse camera....Very nice.....had to take Mrs Janno out to lunch to sweet talk her first...but well worth it........tomorrow 4 new Continental 255/45/18 103Y rated boots.....

Maybe I'm missing something here, but Why?
No, you aren't missing anything. I just wanted to cover the bolts and the " ugly hole" (because I have to remove the license plate and put it on the tow bar bike rack) or I wanted to try out the new cutter at school.

No, you aren't missing anything. I just wanted to cover the bolts and the " ugly hole" (because I have to remove the license plate and put it on the tow bar bike rack) or I wanted to try out the new cutter at school.
Ok. I just got a 2nd rear number plate.
I thought it was illegal not to have a fixed number plate on the vehicle. A number plate only on a trailer not being acceptable. Could be wrong.

I admire something - not sure what. Perhaps your thrift in not paying for a spare plate or your skill with the cutter ;).

For those about to purchase - ask your dealer for a spare rear plate - can't believe they wouldn't throw one in.

I admire something - not sure what. Perhaps your thrift in not paying for a spare plate or your skill with the cutter ;).

For those about to purchase - ask your dealer for a spare rear plate - can't believe they wouldn't throw one in.
They will and it will match the one on the vehicle.

Mike

Hi Gladys, thanks your reply. I think the ladders close with a scissor type action but it makes them about 20cm's longer. I don't think they fold end to end. Surely they must have non slip feet or some kind of hooking device at the top! I am sure Camper Centrum have the answer, they are a good outfit.

Ok. I just got a 2nd rear number plate.
I thought it was illegal not to have a fixed number plate on the vehicle. A number plate only on a trailer not being acceptable. Could be wrong.
Could be different in Switzerland of course.

Could be different in Switzerland of course.
Yes, it is. We are only allowed to have 1 pair of number plate/vehicle and it must be visible all the time. That's the reason why we have to change/switch from tailgate to bike rack (tow bar).

Hi Gladys, thanks your reply. I think the ladders close with a scissor type action but it makes them about 20cm's longer. I don't think they fold end to end. Surely they must have non slip feet or some kind of hooking device at the top! I am sure Camper Centrum have the answer, they are a good outfit.

Yes you are correct @Jabberwocky. They scissor shut so one side rail moves up and the other down and I think the knob in the middle tightens to hold them open. I'm sure that there are two nurs at the top that rest on the edge of the opening and keep it in place. I don't think any ladder is going to be as big or sturdy as the sort we use at home but this one has quite deep non slip steps which are far more comfortable to use without shoes.

@Glamper Gladys the draining board should certainly allow the lid to shut. Mine does but you have to position it just right. Beware that the hinges on the lid are very fragile!

Hopefully Camper Centrum will sort you out. They are very helpful.

I'm going for the Maxxrack ladder. A lot of money for a ladder but as she who must be obeyed points out "All I want is a torch and a ladder, the rest you chose". Musn't grumble.
Camper nl have been very accommodating. Cheaper than anywhere in the UK.

I would assume that he'd be leaving the front number plate on the vehicle. My assumptions have been shown to be wrong before now, but in this case I think I'm fairly secure.

Hi All,

We're Cali newbees (still in first week of ownership) and very excited. Easter trip booked and ready to go. This week we have bought:

Turtle mat for living area
USB plug for Cali continental socket
Fammia footplates with rock pegs so for awning legs
Anti slip matting for cupboards

Looking forward to getting out there........

I would assume that he'd be leaving the front number plate on the vehicle. My assumptions have been shown to be wrong before now, but in this case I think I'm fairly secure.
That went without saying - I presumed, but in the UK the rear plate must still be on the vehicle + the trailer. We live and learn as time goes by!:thumb

Back