Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This week I've bought '________' for my Cali

Very happy with my new kitchen shelf from caliop.eu!! Pretty happy with my new throws too! Starting to add some personality to The Kali Mera!1491752959363.jpg

An Avtex 21.5" TV!

For the mount I've got a headrest mount from Gallant, but not the one on the club shop, they do a lift off version. So the mount stays attached to the headrest (I removed the optional extension part of the mount so it's closer to the headrest) when we're not using the TV, as I always have that headrest folded back anyway to see out the rear. Then the TV just lifts on and off nice and easy.

Also got the 854 model case, which fits both the 18.5 and 21.5 models. Was originally going to get the smaller 18.5 TV until I realised the case would be the same size anyway for either model. The case is stored in the wardrobe with our bedding and sleeping bags etc.

Plus got the Apple Digital AV adapter to plug into my iPad to watch films on the TV - works perfectly. And a 12v extension lead to neaten the wiring from the photo, and a cable to connect it to our Bose Mini Soundlink for better sound.

Couldn't decide on this for ages, wasn't sure whether to get the cheaper one that's currently in Aldi (but it doesn't have Freeview HD), or even a mini projector that others on the forum have - but all things considered this worked out the best option for us. It also powers the Avtex aerial we have so no 12v supply needed for that, and beats watching films/TV on a small iPad screen. We only ever sit in the front swivelled seats, our dog takes up half the back bench so this TV fitted in perfectly with that setup :thumb

IMG_0971.JPG IMG_0973.JPG

Very happy with my new kitchen shelf from caliop.eu!! Pretty happy with my new throws too! Starting to add some personality to The Kali Mera!View attachment 20502
Hi, looking good. Like your shelf! Can you just check your internet ref "caliop.eu" as it seems to not exist. Thanks.

Hi, looking good. Like your shelf! Can you just check your internet ref "caliop.eu" as it seems to not exist. Thanks.
Sorry about that, its calitop.eu and this is the 70cm side shelf with rod and hooks, I'm really pleased with it :)

Very happy with my new kitchen shelf from caliop.eu!! Pretty happy with my new throws too! Starting to add some personality to The Kali Mera!View attachment 20502

Looking good! Quick question - how usable is it with the roofbed down? Can't quite tell from the photo what kind of item would fit on the shelf in that kind of space?

Looking good! Quick question - how usable is it with the roofbed down? Can't quite tell from the photo what kind of item would fit on the shelf in that kind of space?
It gives about 3inch clearance with the roof bed down, not enough for cups but enough for kindles, ipad, phones, keys, shallow storage containers eg sugar, coffee. Everything would need to be stowed while driving. On another site someone shared a photo of theirs with a bungee cord wrapped round to hold books above while moving and bunting on the hooks.

Not more than 10 minutes ago I've ordered the calicap.de (https://shop.vwcamper.de/) rear 800 tray for my Ocean.

Hoping to get it before our trip to Islay but the site suggests 2-3 weeks :(

It will be here in time for the summer though.

..me..

We've just had a vango kela 111 drive away arrive. Been away this weekend with the comfortz sides, but the drive away would have been better. The sides will be great for a one night stay.

20170412_124131~2.jpg Right hand drive carpets this time, very nice . www.qtmdirect2u.com from a link someone posted elsewhere in the forums. These are mid grey with silver/black edging - cab mat, 3 steps, under £60. Nice quality and fast post too.

IMG_2944.JPG Like others I suspect, I find the sliding blind for the the side door frustrating, with its double whammy of not being the easiest to use and yet needing to be moved to open/close the door. After a bit of research I ordered a Brandrup Isolite blind (100701526) from Camper Centrum in the Netherlands. I don't think it is designed specifically for the California. However, hopefully, the photo shows that straight out of the wrapper on arrival this morning it is a good fit, even without using the velcro fixings provided to secure it in place. Now we can open and close the door at night without faffing around with the blind.

Last edited:
A pocket projector so after a nice day out in the fresh air we can sit back with a glass of wine and enjoy a movie on the sliding door blind.

image.jpg

I fitted the solar panel that I picked up from Roger yesterday

i-nwQZfmG-L.jpg

Then I sat in the van for longer than I should have watching the "free" electricity flow and feeling smug.

i-mTgSZF9-L.png

I bought a 3 mi fi and a decathlon tarp to build a welshgas style storm porch and two 35 litre bags for clothes which fit in wardrobe

A Sanef toll tag...not bothered before but I'm doing a longish solo trip next month and it'll be easier than shuffling across to grab ticket/pay

I am thinking of getting one of the parking clock timers for the windscreen. I presently use the ones issued by the local service wherever i am.

Does anyone use them? I would be concerned that if the real thing is not on the dashboard it may get overlooked.
I have a collection of the local card dial thingys. I recently asked a car park attendant whether it was ok to use one issued elsewhere in "his" car park. Nope, it had to be the local one. Seemed daft to me but maybe the local businesses who pay to advertise on the cards wouldn't be happy if their ads weren't being displayed.

A replacement plug for the sink.....what a time to be alive

Just took delivery of a Cali Topper, tried it on, what a lovely job, a lot easier to put on than the cozy top from Khyam. Well done Nick and the team Everything VW California20170419_113950.jpg 20170419_113856.jpg 20170419_113600.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg For those short trips to the toilet building, or bakery in the morning for some fresh bread. We not always take our bikes with us, but you can be sure this one is going to be part of the standard equipment! It's a foldable Micro scooter. Fits easily under the shelf in the back.

Hmmm this week I've bought a new spotting scope, a new drone, a new dashcam, and the calicap tray for the rear. Unfortunately, it turned up with a broken right side clip, snapped. Hoping they will replace the part without issue. Most of these things are for JoJo honest.

;)

..me..

Not this but last week from Camper Centrum Amersfoort, popped in enroute to Ijmuiden ferry:

Clothes line attachment for N/S rail
2 x T1 mugs (to replace broken one while in Oudenaarde)
Brandrup rear floor carpet mat (special price from Nico)
Jacket for number one wife:)

First class service from Nico and Mandy while there, amazing showroom display of 8 brand new Californias in all 3 'flavours' and half a dozen used ones. Almost complete range of Brandrup accessories on display. Pity Nico is semi retired and only works a couple of days a week.

Another busy buying week after our first trip away.

'Big' purchase was a Brandrup ISOfix internal topper after reading advice on here. Purchased from the Netherlands, as pound against the Euro is strong currently (£1:€1.20).

Storage baskets for the under sink cupboard (ones I used initially are a bit too tight). I am hoping these Orthex boxes (12L & 16L respectively) from John Lewis will fit the two undersink shelves perfectly:

1st shelf (for plates, bowls, cups, glasses):
https://www.johnlewis.com/smartstore-by-orthex-basket-15-grey-12l-/p2213519

2nd shelf (for pots/pans/electric toasty maker/colander/etc):
https://www.johnlewis.com/smartstore-by-orthex-basket-20-grey-16l-/p2213522

Also, some fairy lights from Primark at @zerofour's dismay :cool:

Today I installed three velours walk in foot mats, two for the front steps, one for the side entrance. As you can see, we often get in with muddy walking shoes.

Mats front.jpg

Mat sliding door.jpg

Five minutes job sticking the Velcro strips on the gel foam backside and on the steps.
Nice quality, tufted Dyclon.

Velcro strips.jpg

Bought the three-in-one set for the decent price of 25 euro plus 11,50 euro international postage & packaging:

http://meinefussmatten.de/1fahrzeugmodell/volkswagen/531167a5c012963a3.html

Site is in German, but ordering is pretty easy. Package arrived within a week, although at the moment they warn for longer delivery times.

Wiped regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Back