Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This week I've bought '________' for my Cali

That went without saying - I presumed, but in the UK the rear plate must still be on the vehicle + the trailer. We live and learn as time goes by!:thumb
As soon as we pull a trailer we have to order a 3rd plate...and pay more taxes...(I guess you get a 3rd plate for free?)

As soon as we pull a trailer we have to order a 3rd plate...and pay more taxes...(I guess you get a 3rd plate for free?)
Not difficult, normally the dealer will throw it in free, if asked.

The very nice Nino from campercentrum phoned me this morning and patiently explained the ladder for me, it seems the holding pin is faulty so theyre sending me a new one so all good :) the draining board however just would not it as it should, its literally 2mm too high preventing the lid from snapping shut, just one of those things i guess. The cheap cab carpets don't come in right hand drive :( so the board and carpets are being returned and refunded and new pin coming with the foldable carpet when its in stock.
I must say VW Campercentrum Netherlands provide excellent customer service - very helpful even though my items weren't quite right, i wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. I really appreciated the phone call :)

The very nice Nino from campercentrum phoned me this morning and patiently explained the ladder for me, it seems the holding pin is faulty so theyre sending me a new one so all good :) the draining board however just would not it as it should, its literally 2mm too high preventing the lid from snapping shut, just one of those things i guess. The cheap cab carpets don't come in right hand drive :( so the board and carpets are being returned and refunded and new pin coming with the foldable carpet when its in stock.
I must say VW Campercentrum Netherlands provide excellent customer service - very helpful even though my items weren't quite right, i wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. I really appreciated the phone call :)
Glad they have come up trumps even if its a Ten and a Jack as opposed to a King and a Queen.

I plan to visit these guys at the end of June on my way south to the Vendee. Credit card ready pending good report on the ladder.

I would second that comment on service. I had to return an item which would have cost £80-100 to courier or post back but they sent a return postage label free of charge despite it being more my error!

I would second that comment on service. I had to return an item which would have cost £80-100 to courier or post back but they sent a return postage label free of charge despite it being more my error!
Yes, i arranged yodel at 20 quid which ive cancelled because i got the free return label, they really are outstanding!

Glad they have come up trumps even if its a Ten and a Jack as opposed to a King and a Queen.

I plan to visit these guys at the end of June on my way south to the Vendee. Credit card ready pending good report on the ladder.
Ill let you know when we've used it! I may paint it but i do like the flat treads and Nino said some people put a bungee cord across to prevent movement - i may add rubber pads to the feet. One thing to say is the ladders slide neatly in by the wardrobe and table while fully 'open' but are too long when you concertina them. Caused a rejig when we tried to get grandkids buggy in but shouldn't normally be an issue!

I admire something - not sure what. Perhaps your thrift in not paying for a spare plate or your skill with the cutter ;).

For those about to purchase - ask your dealer for a spare rear plate - can't believe they wouldn't throw one in.
I did exactly that. The dealer obliged no problem (and no charge)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: DM
I succumbed to yet another (better, of course) butter dish: rubber feet so won't slide, neat around a pat of butter....and most importantly, purple!

...I have a photo, but can't load it...:(:help

...and then there is my new addition to the Eagle Creek family (I am obsessed with EC!).
I now have a larger small washbag...and a seperate toothbrush bag. Can it get any better....?:upsidedown

IMG_4908.JPG

Ordered a fresh tarp from Decathlon (finally had them in stock online). Will be as a windbreak, awning side wall, storm porch (a la Welsh Gas), whatever - it's going to work jolly hard :)
How do you hold the tarp onto the side of the awning?
I have been looking at decathlon and did a search for how to use it. :)

As a new owner the purchases this week have all been pretty much 'essential'...

- a new engine battery as from reading elsewhere on here, it seems that the Kenwood Nav unit may have repeatedly taken its toll.
- some cheap and cheerful IKEA storage boxes for the wardrobe, under seat draw and rear cupboard.
- 3 peaks waterproof dog bed for the hounds to sit/lie on after muddy walks and swims.

Sparesafe. Not very exciting I know but necessary all the same.
Carpet for the boot from Aldi. Cost about 6 or 7 quid and fits the boot just great.
Cali topper....for the colder and wetter nights.

The thing is...is you don't really have to buy anything...it's all there. That is what makes a Cali so special.

05ccc9eb1fa80daa2ce4abc577ed98fa.jpg

Upgrade. Took about a week to get them - super fast!

Well thanks to the shop open day, I or should really say 'she' only bought a Thule awning tie down set, bellows bungee and a Brandrup side window doodad.

Now that I've seen the awning rooms and the toppers I'm very impressed and they look and feel SO much better in the flesh than the pictures do them justice. The topper is certainly on our list of things to get. Didn't realise that they can come is such a variety of colours !

..message ends..

M6×60 RESISTORX BUTTON SECURITY SCREW A2 ( ×2 )
and
RESISTORX HEX BIT TX-30H FOR M6/6 3MM RESISTROX ( ×1 ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or to you and I, stainless steel security bolts to replace the allen bolts on the bottom fittings on the bike rack to hopefully make it a little be more difficult to steal (with or without bikes).

From:- ORBITAL FASTENERS www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk Tel: 01923 777777
£ 2.13 BARGAIN!

M6×60 RESISTORX BUTTON SECURITY SCREW A2 ( ×2 )
and
RESISTORX HEX BIT TX-30H FOR M6/6 3MM RESISTROX ( ×1 ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or to you and I, stainless steel security bolts to replace the allen bolts on the bottom fittings on the bike rack to hopefully make it a little be more difficult to steal (with or without bikes).

From:- ORBITAL FASTENERS www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk Tel: 01923 777777
£ 2.13 BARGAIN!
Great idea Graham! I will probably order these today for my rack too. Will you keep your rack fixed to your van? I noticed that in fitting the rack the seam sealant material applied during the manufacture of the van is crushed by the rack fixings. As a result I will not disturb the rack fixing unless absolutely necessary for fear of creating a breach of the paint etc.

Memory foam mattress topper, mosquito curtain, cabin carpet, sparesafe, bellows bungee, collapsable bucket, 10m hook-up cable and brandrup water fill in kit.

All at the open day.

Just need the van now!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Great idea Graham! I will probably order these today for my rack too. Will you keep your rack fixed to your van? I noticed that in fitting the rack the seam sealant material applied during the manufacture of the van is crushed by the rack fixings. As a result I will not disturb the rack fixing unless absolutely necessary for fear of creating a breach of the paint etc.

Hi Rik,
We will keep it on all the time. Find it really useful when closing the rear door. You can control the shut so as not to slam it too much, then the electric thingy just sucks it closed. Much classier than you'd get on any other van conversion. Then of course if the washing line breaks (we haven't got a tumble drier) you've got somewhere to hang the washing to dry!

I see what you mean about the mastic, hadn't noticed that. It's a little bit fiddly putting the bolts in, just needs a little bit of patience.

Hi Rik,
We will keep it on all the time. Find it really useful when closing the rear door. You can control the shut so as not to slam it too much, then the electric thingy just sucks it closed. Much classier than you'd get on any other van conversion. Then of course if the washing line breaks (we haven't got a tumble drier) you've got somewhere to hang the washing to dry!

I see what you mean about the mastic, hadn't noticed that. It's a little bit fiddly putting the bolts in, just needs a little bit of patience.
Agree about the closing of the door - much easier without the slam! Will try and find local supplier as postage from Watford is three times the goods price. I am sure Birmingham will come up trumps. Rack already been used as washing line - very handy.:)
Had a dry run with bikes during the week as I wanted to know how much longer and higher we would be and if it affected our planned ferry crossings later this year. All good and OK - gosh, took a bit of figuring putting the bikes on but sorted now.:thumb

Back