Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This week I've bought '________' for my Cali

View attachment 21396 Frustrated by the layout of the original cutlery holder, so bought the Brandrup alternative. Silly price but it works much better for us as it will hold a standard size bread knife :thumb
We had looked at them before we bought Cali, but it was on our 'wait until we see if we need it list' - after rummaging through the cutlery drawer last weekend, I've just ordered one!

Pity you have just missed two weeks of wall to wall sunshine, Scotland is a lovely place in any event, I am sure you will love it.

No midge so far, check out the smidge midge forecast.
Sorry to chuckle! I meant Poundland! I wish it were Scotland but sadly may not make it this year - best chance? September/October.

Waeco Dometic CoolFreeze CF11

Fits between the seats..... Handbrake still operable. Seats don't swivel whilst in-place however, easy enough slide forward or backward to allow clearance. Makes ice-cubes, and keep lollies when set to -18c. Runs quiet and appears to be frugal on the batteries..... Only had it a few days.... 11 litre internal capacity.

IMG_0678.JPG

Picked up an Outwell Martinique camping cupboard/wardrobe yesterday. It's big with 8 shelves and the option of hanging space too. Ideal for longer stays when the driveaway awning is up.

Fits perfectly on the parcel shelf in the Ocean/SE too and not very thick when packed so won't reduce packing space by much. Timed myself putting it up, very first time was 5mins 40secs and i got a couple of bits wrong so easily sub-5mins normally.

Now looking for some packing cubes to use with it so i can get rid of the cumbersome holdalls.

530005_martinique_main_photo_14176_1.jpg

Waeco Dometic CoolFreeze CF11

Fits between the seats..... Handbrake still operable. Seats don't swivel whilst in-place however, easy enough slide forward or backward to allow clearance. Makes ice-cubes, and keep lollies when set to -18c. Runs quiet and appears to be frugal on the batteries..... Only had it a few days.... 11 litre internal capacity.

View attachment 21497

Liking the look of that, how long could you leave that plugged in when not on hook up and without charging the batteries?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Been spending again!

Large solar pendant lamps £7.99 and small lantern £3.99 both from home bargains.
They also charge phones.

Also Brandrup screen for window on sliding door as recommended by someone else on this forum. Get fed up with the silly flappy blind over the door.

Thanks I got myself one set of each of those lights too, what a bargain. They are currently charging up on the windowsill. When you consider a similar pendant light setup is on sale in most caravan places for £99.99 you realise what a good deal that is :)

Thanks I got myself one set of each of those lights too, what a bargain. They are currently charging up on the windowsill. When you consider a similar pendant light setup is on sale in most caravan places for £99.99 you realise what a good deal that is :)

Yes, the pendant one in particular is exceptional value. It would be great in an awning and the solar panel is a good size. Just need to get the awning now :) I am going to put my Quecha base shelter up in the garden this afternoon and look at how I can hang it in there. Then will have a good workout putting it back in the bag again :D Perhaps could be of use in the party tent at Stratford @MattBW ??

Just bought a Bose sound link mini 2 and a case. It sounds better than I could have imagined. Even read the instructions about the nearer to a wall the more bass you get. Who knew!

Bought some Vango cookware, good offer on Amazon, a collapsible bowl from B and M, some Flash wipe. Also, although not officially for Westley, ordred some king poles for the awning, another good offer from Amazon.

View attachment 22059 View attachment 22060 View attachment 22061
Been spending again!

Large solar pendant lamps £7.99 and small lantern £3.99 both from home bargains.
They also charge phones.

Also Brandrup screen for window on sliding door as recommended by someone else on this forum. Get fed up with the silly flappy blind over the door.

I had to take the small one back as it was losing its charge very quickly. Looking at the instructions you are supposed to charge them every 3 months and mine were made in 2014 so 3 years since the batteries have conked out. Mine was getting full and going almost entirely flat before I even used it.

I did manage to kick the bigger set into life with a charger from a now tv box but it didnt help the smaller one for me.

Check they charge as soon as you can (and hold the charge).

Sorry but that limits the passage from the front seats to the rear and needs to be taken away to turn the seats.... ?
No all that handy imo.

I had to take the small one back as it was losing its charge very quickly. Looking at the instructions you are supposed to charge them every 3 months and mine were made in 2014 so 3 years since the batteries have conked out. Mine was getting full and going almost entirely flat before I even used it.

I did manage to kick the bigger set into life with a charger from a now tv box but it didnt help the smaller one for me.

Check they charge as soon as you can (and hold the charge).

Thanks @MattBW. I did notice that the small one seemed to take forever to charge and the charging light was still flashing so will investigate further this weekend. Perhaps that is why they were so cheap :(

Quechua Tarp Fresh, single sided Kador strip and seamstress to sew the tarp into the Kador strip (super neat job). Will be used next week in Germany as a sunscreen/rainscreen or just to extend the awning.

Quechua Tarp Fresh, single sided Kador strip and seamstress to sew the tarp into the Kador strip (super neat job). Will be used next week in Germany as a sunscreen/rainscreen or just to extend the awning.

What size kador strip did you use @Glyn ?
I have been put off doing this because my skills with a sewing machine are non existent but I'm sure that it shouldn't cost too much to pay someone to do it.

Back