Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This week I've bought '________' for my Cali

Something similar to this
2b0b85b3b9f68c7bc5eb725a03924734.jpg
altough I am more into tea my better half is very pleased with this simple way to brew.

And local gin from Winterthur to share
f6a326e558d2046a0e35af30f9591339.jpg

@sapto , why you keep gin in your toolbox :D

What size kador strip did you use @Glyn ?
I have been put off doing this because my skills with a sewing machine are non existent but I'm sure that it shouldn't cost too much to pay someone to do it.
I bought the tarp and my wife a sewing machine but she won't use her new machine to sew plastic. So I may need to try folding the tarp over some cord and see if I can slip it in the channel

I bought the tarp and my wife a sewing machine but she won't use her new machine to sew plastic. So I may need to try folding the tarp over some cord and see if I can slip it in the channel

I am working on a tarp , got the gear ready but i'm out of sewing cord....used it all up to make some bags (other tread)
....so on hold for now , head to France end this mont so need to find sewing cord.

Last edited:
IMG_0099.JPG
What size kador strip did you use @Glyn ?
I have been put off doing this because my skills with a sewing machine are non existent but I'm sure that it shouldn't cost too much to pay someone to do it.
6mm single sided. £15 to sew together with 2 runs of stitching. Not sure if that's a good price but I was very happy with the result.

Some wood, drawer runners and multiflex clamps to make a pull out slide for my Weaco fridge. I will do a separate post of how I get on once the build gets underway. Got all the bits for about £50.

One of these squashy electric kettles - https://www.kampa.co.uk/kettles/squash

Compliments the gas hob collapse kettle from Outwell nicely. Now we are covered for all occasions.

I have one of these and it is great. Easy making a coffee in bed first thing in the morning as no gas involved. It makes me smile every time I look at it :)

Just bought from The Range a collapsible rectangular basket for £5.99. i.e. gives your wash-up bowl a pair of carrying handles

Also have bought sets of 3 packing organisers from B&M for £5.99 (small, medium and large which has 2 compartments). We have a set each to go in the wardrobe. They conveniently have mesh so that you can see the clothes to determine which one to open.

Finally visited Hobby Craft to purchase dress making netting and 3 metres of magnetic strip to attempt to make an insect screen for the sliding doorway. P.S. Dunhelm sell dress making organiser by the metre if you need to try to keep the Scottish midges out.

So almost ready for the great depart this weekend for 10 weeks in France/Italy/Austria/Germany!

I don’t know why but every camping trip we are set to embark seems to need additional purchases (makes them really cheap, not ).
This week I bought a new Weber grill, the Go Anywhere that replaces the Smokey Joe that I bought at first. This have the same area but takes up less space:
I don’t know why but I got some MSR bowls ( the MSR stuff we have got since before have not been good quality, the plate have deformed).
I got some Campz plates, we have used paper plates until know and I hate them.

So almost ready for the great depart this weekend for 10 weeks in France/Italy/Austria/Germany
We're just back from 5 weeks in Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia and Italy. I've started writing up where we went and which sites we used. When I'm done I'll post it on the existing thread with info from others on Austria, Italy, etc.

Back