Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This week I've bought '________' for my Cali

Ha - superficially ... As I was having a blow-out week already I thought "sod it, it's a Gold Wash at Morrisons this time".

£6.99 of sacrilege for your viewing pleasure! :D

We've bought a Hug Rug in New England Stripe. The company were really helpful as we couldn't decide which colour to order as it's often difficult to tell colours from the computer screen, so they sent us a couple of samples to see which we preferred. The drawer opens over it and it rolls up small for when we make the bed. Perfect!

View attachment 23317
Looks the same as my muddle mat from DunElm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Brandrup fitted sheet for the top mattress.
It was 'New Old Stock' so 'only' £49 delivered vs the £79.99 shop price. Despite the ridiculous price, I have to say it's a super piece of kit, and the surface is as smooth a bowling green. If you are going to sleep up-top without a zonesleep / duvalay etc, I'd recommend.
Where from? A great price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where from? A great price
It was from ebay seller 'partsdepot_uk' but they seem to have sold out. I've had quite a few bits from them, so worth a follow. It feels like they've been buying in bits and bobs that have been lying around various vw dealers.

a1c90e4d65822c04f93a50257493256f.jpg

Some LED stripes (around 20€, working with batteries) with a sensore for the kitchen cupboard
dc7d588cb43e92bc62e5fe240751a7ad.jpg

They're really neat @sapto but do you need them?

I'm going to start a new thread for "This Week I've Taken _____ OUT Of My California" :D

After over-accessorising my previous T5 conversion I promised myself I'd try to live with the new Beach as stock as poss for all four weather seasons before adding anything. That's sadly gone a bit off the rails...

- bike rack, T5 style
- Dubflectas, retro
- IsoTop roof liner
- carpet, mid & rear from California Camping
- door pocket carpet liners, Comfortz
- dashcam
- monster mats, front
- IndelB fridge & fancy 12v socket
- heater, Webasto retrofit
- red grille strip
- bumper protector, rear

The two things I can't remove on a whim (bar the heater) are the new wheels and springs & ironically they're the only two parts that 'added lightness' - the other junk must weigh the equivalent of three permanent passengers, but I felt like I needed all of it! WAH!

100W solar panel from Roger, then that's it - done. Promise ;)

@hirsty good point! Only time will show... :) I might be at an other point in some months and I totally agree with you: I rather spend my money on travel/trips than on fancy gadget. That said: I am off packing my bikes for next week mountainbike trip around St. Moritz

Last edited:
fantastic! - a great drive down there too & at least you'll be able to find all your cutlery on arrival too :cool:

have fun!

fantastic! - a great drive down there too & at least you'll be able to find all your cutlery on arrival too :cool:

have fun!
Cutlery? What cutlery? I reduced to max: knive and sporke

However thank you and your mentioned new thread for sure will be great fun

WE SEE A SPATULA, WE SEE EVERYTHING

Preparing for the second season, we work on small changes and enhancements.

One of them is the closets under the sink. They are actually not very functional and there are quite some lost space. So I went to IKEA and bougt some small drawers, but they where very heavy and actually smaler than the original. So I regret and took thr plunge towards these original ones.

It is really a huge difference. Very nice

ede674d1b13fa04144827b7813959801.jpg
b1587aedfff87969d705b2419e1bde6c.jpg

Do you have a link for these drawers please?

Dropped off at SMG at Cowfold today - Bike rack fitted inside 40 mins. Also solved my the spare bulbs issue by buying one of these. £14.95 - seems a good price. H7 kit for Ocean.

View attachment 20372
Thanks for the info about the bulb and fuse kit. Our local dealer has been spectacularly unhelpful with regard to a bulb kit. I couldn't find a kit online so tried to phone their parts department on a couple of occasions being told 'the Parts department are busy but will phone you back' - they didn't. Another phone call to the salesman who sold us Cali - he checked the brochure and said VW don't do a kit. We called in today and spoke to someone from Parts and asked for his advice, giving him our registration number so he could check what we needed. After waiting ages he came back and said they have fuses - £1.00 each, but he was unable to check if they sold kits as 'the computer wasn't working'. He asked us to check what we needed, phone him back and he would 'see what he could find'. I've found more info from this forum than from the dealer! Thanks everyone for your help.

Last edited:
Been on a bit of a shopping spree this week...

Comfortz protector for the rear shelf mattress, some tent pegs and some replacement rubber button bits for the sink top - all from the club shop.

TP-Link MR200 4G router - runs off 12v with the appropriate cable, and wanted a bit more of a permenant install than a portable mifi. http://uk.tp-link.com/products/details/cat-4691_Archer-MR200.html

Solwise 4G external aerial - to use with the above in poor signal areas. Time will tell if this is required and how much difference it makes! https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/products/15383-solwise-4g-xpol-a0001/

Virgin Mobile (EE) SIM only contract - 8gb data for £13/month and it rolls over to following month - handy when you're not going away in the van every month.

Door liner mats from Rugs for Bugs - try and stop things from rattling!

Just bought not tried it yet. I think it's too big but she seems to think it will be ok.

IMG_20170725_123657.jpg

A warehouse to store all my Cali stuff in !
warehouse.jpg
I walk along each aisle before each trip and select the right....
EHU Lead......10m, 15m, 20m, or none.
Quilt....4.5tog, 10 tog, 13.5 tog
Kettle.....gas, electric, or both
Windscreen Cover....internal, external
Tent......pop up tent, pop up shelter, drive away awning, Comfortz privacy room, or none
You get the idea.....

IMG_2446.JPG Having seen Camper Centrum mentioned on the forum a few times we decided to swing past on our travels today and made a few purchases. Also feel the need to pop back again tomorrow, child in a sweetie shop springs to mind! A great store, very relaxed and you can take as long as you like to shop with no pressure.

Found a great telescopic pole with brush which will be good for removing leaves branches etc from awning before it gets wound in. Got some Brandrupp bits and also a Thule storage box for the boot.

We also got a very good overseas visitor discount.

+1 for the Thule Go boxes, we purchased ours from the club shop, really useful as you can cram loads of gear in, we also use ours for our weekly Lidl shop.

Just bought not tried it yet. I think it's too big but she seems to think it will be ok.

I've only just discovered RidgeMonkey, seem to have a cult following in the Carp fishing community!

The lad we camped next to at Elbow gig in Dalby Forest recently couldn't wait to show us his pan like this & how quickly he'd knocked up a Full English :D

I've only just discovered RidgeMonkey, seem to have a cult following in the Carp fishing community!

The lad we camped next to at Elbow gig in Dalby Forest recently couldn't wait to show us his pan like this & how quickly he'd knocked up a Full English :D
Used twice now, the combi one is quite large but I think it's a keeper. Might have to buy the original small one for toasted sandwiches..

The XL could be the best compromise between cooking area versus pack size.. Also get a small set of utensils inside.

Carp guys love it beats pot noodles.

Message ends.

Used twice now, the combi one is quite large but I think it's a keeper. Might have to buy the original small one for toasted sandwiches..

The XL could be the best compromise between cooking area versus pack size.. Also get a small set of utensils inside.

Carp guys love it beats pot noodles.

Message ends.
I've got the original small one. It's just right for toast if you use smaller loaves. Two slices at a time works well flipping slices to get all sides done. The only issue I have is that the weight of the handle means you need to make sure it doesn't topple. 2 slices just about balances!

I've spoilt Albert this week. Floor mats, seat protectors for dogs, new cushions for the bench seat, a nice collapsible cooking pot from Outwell.....

Back