Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

This week I've bought '________' for my Cali

off to Sailsbury
holiday.jpg

These look great, never thought of this but nice to stop wine clinking around in the cupboard - just ordered a set of 3 from Amazon, don’t think 1 would be enough ;)
Yes I got a 3 piece set from Amazon. I also got a 6 pack (bottle) holder which is good for stopping the beer rattling in the fridge.

These look great, never thought of this but nice to stop wine clinking around in the cupboard - just ordered a set of 3 from Amazon, don’t think 1 would be enough ;)

We use these, have found them a very practical way to transport bottles. The multi-bottle (2 or 3 sections) type are great because they stop any rolling about.

(But still looking for a good place to stow an opened bottle, apart from wedged it in the bottom of the wardrobe cupboard).

We use these, have found them a very practical way to transport bottles. The multi-bottle (2 or 3 sections) type are great because they stop any rolling about.

(But still looking for a good place to stow an opened bottle, apart from wedged it in the bottom of the wardrobe cupboard).

If you leave the seat belt plugs tucked under the bench a bottle of wine wedges very securely in the rectangular hole in the Ocean bench seat.

We usual keep an open botle of wine on the table within' hands reach ....most boltles don't last long and are stored in the bin when empty:D

Edit : i got actually myself something new also ...
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/portable-shower.23806/

And a very very very cheap flexible usb led-light , only 2,05€ , curious how long it wil last alltough it should be ok as it a Grundig fabricate...
IMG_7473.JPG IMG_7474.JPG

Last edited:
So this week’s purchases were as follows:
  1. Stovetop Espresso maker;
  2. Spare bulb and fuse kit for Euro trip;
  3. Hi viz for euro trip;
  4. Grab and Rach litter picker uperer for the wife to catch whatever the kids drop;
  5. New water filler cap;
  6. Ridge-monkey;
  7. Beam deflectors;
  8. Bulli air freshener;
  9. VWCC sticker.

ACSI Membership in preparation for our upcoming Euro trip, decathlon tarp for extending the awning and, a QTM mat for the living area.
is that worth getti g. head I g to Europe in July and I gather that the asci card doesn't count in July August. am I right?

is that worth getti g. head I g to Europe in July and I gather that the asci card doesn't count in July August. am I right?

ACSI have two cards:
1. ID card, can be used instead of a passport at many ACSI campsites.
2. Discount card, entitles the user to camp for 11, 13, 15, 17 or 19 Euros at participating campsites (pitch, 2 adults, dog, 2 shower tokens per day, EHU min 6 Amps) only valid off season.

I think you need an ID card before you can buy a Camping Card.

The ACSI apps are a real winner and are worth buying, but VERY memory hungry as they work when offline.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

R
Brilliant. Where did you purchase rail from? If you don’t mind me asking?
rail: Car Garment Rail 90 – 155 cm, Chrome-Plated and Very Robust https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HHTP3O/
Hangars: Hangerworld Quality Black Plastic Foldable Travel Clothes Hangers 40cm, Pack of 6 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0153MGQ3E/
Hooks: Ipow Set of 12 Portable Laundry Hook Hanging Clothes Pins Stainless steel Travel Home clothing Boot Hanger Hold Clips https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018JO28R6/

There are some places that take the ACSI card in July but you are very, very limited and probably are not the busiest in peak season for a reason. Our travel plans are for May/June so should still be able to benefit from the membership.

I think you need an ID card before you can buy a Camping Card.

@Amarillo, i didn't get the ID card, and you didn't need it to purchase the Camping Card. I agree, the App is excellent but memory hungry. We have an old iPad that we are using just for the various camping apps and maps for our trip. Throw away the books!

A cheerful and cheap (£7 Tesco) but pleasing quality / weight set of cutlery. Multi coloured so I won't have to buy another set each time I swap the van.... 20180402_143656.jpg

[later edit, 2 extra teaspoons found in the dishwasher]

Last edited:
but only two blackberry teaspoons!?
I did think that was a bit tight. I'll just not have to buy a blackberry van....
[edit....I found the 2 extra teaspoons, they'd unloaded from the dishwasher into the domestic cutlery tray]

Last edited:
401B3BE4-7892-42CD-9AF7-5248C8BC27DD.jpeg
Will that rail fit in the space behind the table in the door?
I like your thinking. Not currently. You could take 20cm off it with a hacksaw though without it affecting its extended use in the Cali.

Last edited:
Back