Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thule Veloconcept 927 and Cali should it work??

rjb24

rjb24

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Bought this tow bar tilt rack thinking it would be ok and there doesn’t seem to a hope in hell of opening the tailgate with it on.
Am i being thick (probably) or should it work ok?

Nope you are absolutely correct!
I had it on an X5 and it worked brilliantly, and was gutted to find the tall door of the California didn't clear it when tilted.

thankfully managed to get a full refund at halfords.... Atera Strada it is then.....

Do you ever have a problem with the Atera scraping/bottoming out on driveways, steep turns on back roads, etc.?
That’s a well timed and interesting question. The turning into our drive dips then goes up a slight incline. our mud flaps touch the ground. i stupidly didn’t check the clearance with thule when i had it. that could be a big issue for me.

Do you ever have a problem with the Atera scraping/bottoming out on driveways, steep turns on back roads, etc.?
Never have no, on two of our three Calis now done 13K miles ten or so countries and can honestly say no never bottomed it. And our bus is lowered -30mm.

Never have no, on two of our three Calis now done 13K miles ten or so countries and can honestly say no never bottomed it. And our bus is lowered -30mm.
Use the ferry, no issues, also where I live we have to go over a flood bank (tarmac single track road) no issues, mud flaps touch but not the rack. Don't forget its close in to the van and higher than the tow bar when driving, its not like in the photo ;)
Also when we nip to Europe the back of the van is a lot lower than it is in the photo with kit for three weeks.

Over 5 years and many miles - No problems carrying 2 x E bikes. I can see it being a problem if the vehicle is on lowered springs though.

We have an Atera and carry four bikes with the extention 4 bike pack, our van is lowered 30mm and we have experienced no problems.
You just need to be aware when reversing up an incline I.e on campsite pitch.
I tend to remove bikes and carrier first.
My only problem is the amount of wobble on these carriers it can be a little disconcerting when viewing through the rear view mirror, when carrying four bike additional strapping is needed.