Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Time to choose

3CBDB001-E8B9-4072-8BBF-F482D222FD0E.jpeg 7558CD96-89A3-49D7-B3DA-7FCD9F449CDB.jpeg Y
My other passion ..
But yep this is a Cali forum so I’ll stop too
I’m sure you will get the same amount of fun out of the California:)
Enjoy bud

Just two more .,,,, last ones honest
Next pics will be the mental Cali

Van looks great, fair price only issue is whether you would regret not going for the Automatic. Its obviously a personal choice but I after driving dsg I would never go back to manual

Tip Citygate were doing free bike rack with any cali bought in Oct/Nov so may well have a couple sitting around. Good Luck

Thanks for that I will definitely ask tomorrow

I cannot comment on the price, not being in UK.
I just ordered a new T6 Ocean TSI DSG. Apart from the diesel, much the same.
Would look for ACC, that is wonderful with DSG, especially if you spend some time on crowded motorways.

Will have a look ,
The Citygate Wooburn green one has fallen through...
It was advertised at £50k , I took it for a drive and was told price had gone up to £51 lol
I offered our crv which they valued at £8500 , Evans Halshaw £9059 and WBAC £9350 and £41 k they turned it down so onwards and upwards .
Will now widen the net see what’s about .
Thanks for advice from everyone.
Watch this space.

I spent ages with the vw used van site, until I got a grip of the comparables. You can do a text search, which makes it easier to get a specific spec.

might be worth trying again at the end of the month when they need a sale!
Our dealer tried to up the price too but asI had copy of advert from VW site we came to an agreement.

Time to choose between a new 150ps manual
Or
A demo 5-10k miles dsg
Or
28k miles dsg 4 motion 16 plate

Any help welcome all drive lovely 4 motion is a private sale others are dealers .....
Have to say the manual is winning ..... but!?

Will have a look ,
It was advertised at £50k , I took it for a drive and was told price had gone up to £51 lol
I offered our crv which they valued at £8500 , Evans Halshaw £9059 and WBAC £9350 and £41 k they turned it down so onwards and upwards .
Watch this space.

You strike me as the sort of person who would like a manual 4Motion with diff-lock and aftermarket air suspension to get to some of the wilder places.....

Hello,

I owned a Tiguan 4x4 with DSG for 5 years and loved it mainly for the DSG. 85.000 km and no problem with it.

At a visit at our local VW dealer he had an offer of a Ocean, which ticked a lot of our wishlist, for a good price.

The drawback was it was a 150 hp manual. . But we went for it beginning of last December. The 150 hp is fine, no regrets here - but I miss the automatic.

I believe the drive is even more relaxed and enjoyable. With ACC it must be a dream. The disadvantage is the extra cost buying and potential service cost.

If I had the choice I would go for DSG if I could afford it.

With the offer we had I could not refuse and we will be happy with the van and maybe on the long run it might be even better because of running cost and reliability.

Eberhard

I really don't know why everyone raves aabout DSG. I had number of demo diesels earlier this year with it, and it's awful. A key pleasure of driving a diesel is the huge torque low down. Try putting your foot down in a DSG in high gear and rather than letting the torque do the work, there is a few seconds delay, the gear box drops about 3 cogs, and revs the nuts off the engine. It's the most unrelaxing drive I could imagine, let alone the loss of low speed control when manoevering.
JBut hey that's only my view!!! Ha ha

Also makes me smile with comments about needing 4wd a few time. It's not Until you have driven one a lot and then get back in a 2wd do you realise how much it working in the background. Especially true on roads with wet, greasy roads , puddles etc. Just try pulling away at roundabout into small gap in 2wd on a wet great road.

Go with what ever option that feels best - all will be great.

Will have a look ,
Watch this space.
I've sold my last 2 cars via 'Tootle' the trade buying site. Sold BMW for £1100 more than WBAC and recently EOS for £1400 more than Dealer trade in price and £650 more than WBAC.
BMW sold in a day & EOS in 5mins (bit of a shock as thought a diesel would be hard to get rid of)

There is a number of 150dsg's for sale on here from 45.5k

View attachment 28999 View attachment 29000 View attachment 29001

I’m good at that could bore you with more but guess should focus on the Cali as it’s a California forum lol

It might be a Cali forum but always room for nostalgia.

Seeing all that mud....

I was doing a photo shoot for LR magazine following the launch of the RR2. Usual photographer PITA.

Anyway he wanted a water splash. We were in the quantocks, classic hillside scene, steep down, steep up with a big bit of lying mud and water in between.

After about 4 takes he decided wanted a spectacular, full throttle in and out. I protested, it's a frigging 4WD not a sports car, but if I hd to do it I wanted a co-driver, the track was quite narrow with a big hole on one side.

He lent me his assistant. His assistant feeling nervous had his window open and his head out seeing where the wheels were in relation to the edge. I do recall muttering a warning as we approached the mud splash. Perhaps not quite loud enough .... :sad

It was quite spectacular, a huge plume of mud either side.... and over the outstretched head....and through the open window drenching the occupant,,........ quite satisfying in fact :D

Lol , always way more fun in the mud when it’s someone else’s landy.
Which magazine do you work for?
Don’t forget Richard at grange farm is having a world record attempt for the most landrovers off-roading at the same time this June should be fun.

There is a number of 150dsg's for sale on here from 45.5k

Yes I had seen them, trying to by a demo from dealer at moment but no one wants to do a deal
Made three offers on three different 17 plate California’s ,
Two I asked 5% discount and one I’ve offered original asking price bug they’ve put price up by £1k so less than 2% discount on asking price......
No one wants to do a deal , it’s quite bizarre ?

For vehicles less than 3 years old that are still covered by manufacturer warranty I'm not sure it is worth the premium of buying from a dealer. I'd be looking at some of the private sale ones on here.

I really don't know why everyone raves aabout DSG. I had number of demo diesels earlier this year with it, and it's awful. A key pleasure of driving a diesel is the huge torque low down. Try putting your foot down in a DSG in high gear and rather than letting the torque do the work, there is a few seconds delay, the gear box drops about 3 cogs, and revs the nuts off the engine. It's the most unrelaxing drive I could imagine, let alone the loss of low speed control when manoevering.
JBut hey that's only my view!!! Ha ha

Also makes me smile with comments about needing 4wd a few time. It's not Until you have driven one a lot and then get back in a 2wd do you realise how much it working in the background. Especially true on roads with wet, greasy roads , puddles etc. Just try pulling away at roundabout into small gap in 2wd on a wet great road.

Go with what ever option that feels best - all will be great.

Or learn how it works ?

Lol , always way more fun in the mud when it’s someone else’s landy.
Which magazine do you work for?
Don’t forget Richard at grange farm is having a world record attempt for the most landrovers off-roading at the same time this June should be fun.

I worked for the company, BL ...and for a while Land Rover division. once they realised the demure and shy corporate finance manager had a habit of driving her vehicle up mountains and had in the past driven mountain rescue vehicles into some fairly challenging places they often asked me to take part in articles for both LR and LRO magazines.

It was great really. I could spend all weekend trashing the company products in lots of different places and then spend all week questioning the excesses of the marketing department :shocked

I worked for the company, BL ...and for a while Land Rover division. once they realised the demure and shy corporate finance manager had a habit of driving her vehicle up mountains and had in the past driven mountain rescue vehicles into some fairly challenging places they often asked me to take part in articles for both LR and LRO magazines.

It was great really. I could spend all weekend trashing the company products in lots of different places and then spend all week questioning the excesses of the marketing department :shocked

Sounds like my perfect job/ more of a vocation lol

Hey people....
Apparently there’s gonna be a new motor on my drive this weekend

DSG auto all the way in fact i have one for sale on this very site!Wink wink! The silver one lol!

Or
A demo 5-10k miles dsg
Or

Any help welcome all drive lovely 4 motion is a private sale others are dealers .....
Or
A demo 5-10k miles dsg
Or

I have a DSG auto for sale on this very site!Auto all the way so relaxing to drive,its the silver one by the way!

Back