Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Time to freshen up the look of my van

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I’ve had my Ocean now for over two years and I’m thinking of aesthetically ‘enhancing’ it with side bars, new alloys, possibly some decals.

When I bought ‘Nemo’ I got a set of steels for winter tyres and used the cascavels for summer. The steels have rusted now and look pretty terrible (& not like this photo from when I picked up the van) and the alloys have a few dints and scratches I’m thinking of putting the winters on the cascavels and getting a new ‘sportier’ set of summer alloys.

I’m looking for inspiration to see how others have personalised their vans. Please post your pics of what you’ve added to make your van look a little different. Thanks.

View media item 812

Reactions: Sad
Perhaps just some new boots and lower slightly.

I had some riva suv 18" wheels on. Thought they looked better than the normal sportline wheels. They are set aside now for when we get a beach model.
WP_20150604_005.jpg

I like some of the 3sdm and vossen wheels but they are mega bucks for a set.

I had some riva suv 18" wheels on. Thought they looked better than the normal sportline wheels. They are set aside now for when we get a beach model.
View attachment 34304

I like some of the 3sdm and vossen wheels but they are mega bucks for a set.
I’ve just googled Vossen wheels and some of them are £8k for a set of 4. That’s crazy! But there are some great designs.

Can you slam a 4motion van?

I’m not sure. Worth having a look on the T6 forum.

I am going to do a modest 30mm drop on my new van and fit wheel spacers to the Devonport alloys.
Subtle, but makes a massive improvement from what I’ve seen.
Want to stay close to OEM equipment

We kept it simple: replaced the wheels with some 17‘ Platin P69.
af52863bf0cbddad1c1f991847005d4a.jpg

We kept it simple: replaced the wheels with some 17‘ Platin P69.
af52863bf0cbddad1c1f991847005d4a.jpg
Nice. I think black will work well with the blue paint of my van, black awning, black bits of trim and window tints. What colour is your van?

I’m not sure. Worth having a look on the T6 forum.

I am going to do a modest 30mm drop on my new van and fit wheel spacers to the Devonport alloys.
Subtle, but makes a massive improvement from what I’ve seen.
Want to stay close to OEM equipment
Please post pics when it’s done. How far can you go without affecting the VW warranty? My 3 years are up in March.

Nice. I think black will work well with the blue paint of my van, black awning, black bits of trim and window tints. What colour is your van?

Thank you. You‘re right, I changed the awning from silver to black also the rails.
The van it self is kind of grey blue (2005).
1e1ecc78d578483da2bf2fa38b5710f1.jpg

BTW here with winter tyres/alloys

I am sure yours look great with cascavels

image.jpeg Bought my Cali in January and the previous owners' enhancements really made this one stand out. The front spoiler, side bars and T6 wheels look great and I added the Heko win deflectors. Turns heads whenever we are parked up.

View attachment 34308 Bought my Cali in January and the previous owners' enhancements really made this one stand out. The front spoiler, side bars and T6 wheels look great and I added the Heko win deflectors. Turns heads whenever we are parked up.
I like the front spoiler.

I think sidebars always look great!

34395345_2221754851175300_5167187253016920064_o.jpg

A guy posted this yesterday on another forum. It’s subtle modifications which look the best.

I think this is spot on and will do similar with mine over the next year.

Can you spot the mods...?

34834A46-B2AA-4115-92FB-AE88C4447D06.jpeg

I can see the easy ones! front splitter, lowered, side bars, alloys... Is that some extra chrome on the grill? Looks good!

The grill is VW. Maxton splitter and lowered on B14s with 20s.
I’m not a fan of 20s, but otherwise looks great.
Less is more and all that ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Oryx white
20” diamond turned GMP Italia wheels
Lowered 30mm
Black B post decal
Chrome bumper insert

Quite low key and simple. I’d been thinking of perhaps a gloss black Maxton splitter but that’s about it for me. Trying to keep it decal free!

Customisation is a personal thing. Do it your way!
ABA89827-82F6-4087-9C16-AF63A5FE4CC6.jpeg A4B98978-1042-41D2-925F-7B5BDF0B6DA0.jpeg

Oryx white
20” diamond turned GMP Italia wheels
Lowered 30mm
Black B post decal
Chrome bumper insert

Quite low key and simple. I’d been thinking of perhaps a gloss black Maxton splitter but that’s about it for me. Trying to keep it decal free!

Customisation is a personal thing. Do it your way!
View attachment 34356 View attachment 34357
That looks very nice. How does the handling differ after lowering it?

That looks very nice. How does the handling differ after lowering it?

I had it lowered immediately it was delivered to the dealer. So I never experienced it in its standard height. But I find it’s all ok apart from when hitting potholes.

I’ve been around VW vans for many years and had a few lowered. The problem with explaining if it’s comfortable enough, is that everyone’s idea of comfort threshold is very different.
What someone believes acceptable, another person would not.

I always recommend lowering slightly and see how you get on. Then take it from there.

Modding is of course subjective and agree with above. Do what you want and are happy with.

Back