Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tyre Dilemma - T6 204 4 Motion

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Since having my van (T6 204 4Motion) I’ve always run summer tyres on alloys and winter tyres on steels. This was because we used to live on a hill in the Yorkshire Dales and our village didn’t get gritted. I also would take the van to France skiing.

I no longer live in the Dales. I live in a town. I also don’t intend to go skiing in the van again.

Whilst I have the winters and steels, I’m now thinking of replacing my worn summer tyres with an all season, so I can just keep one set on all year. It’s not that I’m being lazy… I’ve damaged my shoulder and struggle to change my wheels.

Hopefully we will be taking the van back to Europe next year in the summer. My only concerns with an all season are how they would perform in 30’C + temperatures that we have experienced in previous years and would fuel consumption and tyre noise significantly increase?

Any personal experiences and tyre brands that have been used by people with 4 Motion vans would be useful. Thanks

Since having my van (T6 204 4Motion) I’ve always run summer tyres on alloys and winter tyres on steels. This was because we used to live on a hill in the Yorkshire Dales and our village didn’t get gritted. I also would take the van to France skiing.

I no longer live in the Dales. I live in a town. I also don’t intend to go skiing in the van again.

Whilst I have the winters and steels, I’m now thinking of replacing my worn summer tyres with an all season, so I can just keep one set on all year. It’s not that I’m being lazy… I’ve damaged my shoulder and struggle to change my wheels.

Hopefully we will be taking the van back to Europe next year in the summer. My only concerns with an all season are how they would perform in 30’C + temperatures that we have experienced in previous years and would fuel consumption and tyre noise significantly increase?

Any personal experiences and tyre brands that have been used by people with 4 Motion vans would be useful. Thanks
My last 3 sets of tyres on my 180 4Motion have been Michelin CrossClimate SUV used from Southern Italy to Northern Norway from +35 to -10 c . No problems, good wear , relatively quiet. Next set will be the same. On 17" wheels.

My last 3 sets of tyres on my 180 4Motion have been Michelin CrossClimate SUV used from Southern Italy to Northern Norway from +35 to -10 c . No problems, good wear , relatively quiet. Next set will be the same. On 17" wheels.
Thanks @WelshGas. Are they multidirectional tyres?

Back