Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tips when picking up new California?

• Cobocali - the writer might be referring to the additional draw but VW are not - under the spec for an Ocean ---

• Two-seat rear folding bench – incorporates under-seat storage, ISOFIX child seat mountings and converts into a two-person bed

Whereas the Spec for a beach:
Interior - living area
  • sliding_floor_rail_system.jpg
  • Floor-mounted sliding rail system
  • Load-lashing rings, for use with tough floor covering
  • Plastic entrance step protection
  • Plastic tailgate sill protection
  • step_illumination_california_logo.jpg
  • Step illumination with California logofor cab doors and side sliding door
  • Seat trim in Pilion fabric
  • Storage box to left of two-seat rear bench
  • Tough plastic floor covering in living area
  • Plastic side mouldings
  • Two-seat rear folding bench - incorporates under-seat storage, ISOFIX child seat mountings and converts into a two-person bed
  • Headlining - moulded and trimmed in fabric
  • Interior light concept
  • Luggage compartment - under lower bed extension

Its typical VW wherever the aditional draw has been mentioned as an option before it has always been referred to as a draw. In the above specs the Main draw is referred only as "incorporates under seat storage " with the Storage box being something totally different hence only being available on the beach.

Having said all that if the roof storage net has been ordered there should be an additional draw.

Email response from VWCS turned up today.

Thank you for contacting me on 30 March regarding the additional equipment in your California Ocean. As discussed during our conversation, I would like to apologise about the incorrect information that is on our website regarding the following items:

Storage Net - Lower Dash Passenger Side – This is a Factory option for the Ocean, and does not come as standard.
Flexible halogen spotlight – This item is available on the Beach only.
Storage box to rear bench - This item is available on the Beach only.

This information has been provided by our Brand Support Team and matches what shows in our current brochures and the brochures at the time of your order. I apologise that this does not match what you saw on our website. Rest assured that our Brand Support Team is now aware of this and I am sure the information will be rectified.

I hope this answers any questions you had. If you feel you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact your nearest Volkswagen Van Centre or Customer Care on the number below.

It is incorrect to state that this information matches the current brochure. Infact the brochure (if Dec 2015 is still current) exactly matches the website. But there's only so many times you can tell them - I'm moving on :headbang.

There is a list of codes on sticker in the front of the service book. The same sticker is also on the base of the drivers seat on a UK vehicle, your dealer will be able to decipher the codes, there is a list on this forum of what the codes mean, HC will find that for us I'm sure ;)

Here is my sticker on the drivers seat base.

got the sticker in the front of my service book, would like a list of codes aswell just to check up, did anyone find them.?

Mine is on stuck on the inside cover of the Service Book. I don't know of a full list but if you google VW followed by each code you will track most of them down. You'll have to do it individually though so it'll take a while.

I think I have all those codes listed in a purchase contract for all ordered options.

Did they actually build them all into the vehicle?
There are three milestones that matter in getting the contract / build right

1. The order / contract with the dealer - what they charge you for.
2. The build specification - what the dealer orders from VW (they should be able to give you a print-off of this).
3. What is actually built.

The issue with mine arose at stage 2 - the dealer ordered the wrong reversing / parking aids code.

Dave

Did they actually build them all into the vehicle?
That's the thing to figure out. Just responding to people who are trying to decode the codes on a sticker.

The issue with mine arose at stage 2 - the dealer ordered the wrong reversing / parking aids code.Dave
UK dealers might have different software but when we were building it with a dealer you see the options in their configurator right away. That's what they print out and send to VW directly from software, so in theory shouldn't be the difference between purchase contract and order sent to VW.

UK dealers might have different software but when we were building it with a dealer you see the options in their configurator right away. That's what they print out and send to VW directly from software, so in theory shouldn't be the difference between purchase contract and order sent to VW.
I'm not sure how most dealers do it in the UK. But mine created a quotation using an excel spreadsheet which is what became the contract. He then completed the configurator (without me present) using the quotation as a checklist. A flawed process which was an error waiting to happen. Which is exactly what did happen :(.

Reactions: RIK
Call me car-crazy, but what I did after the initial function check was polishing the painted parts with a good wax. That really helps to keep that shine for a long time if you repeat it every 6 month.

Enjoy your new Cali's

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

My dealer also quoted me via an Excel spreadsheet. Once we agreed all the options he transferred these to his configurator (this has a configuration code and goes to VW) and a printed copy was given to me to check and agree. We went through this twice to be sure whilst I was still with the Salesman. I have my printout and my VW configuration code. I checked my option codes on a VAG list and most came up as expected, some did not exist but this seemed to be on items introduced in 2016, 2017 specs. I wait with bated breath until sometime next year.........!

Whilst on this matter, anyone got an up to date list for 2017 specs? This one http://vag-codes.info/ saves having to wade though a pdf file but is only good to August 2015.

Thanks for the tip Wolfpack.

I've now extended the 1 page download to around 3.5 pages. Basically I am not only checking that everything is present and correct, but am also wanting them to demo that everything works as it should. e.g. the demo vehicle had a dodgy extendable leg on kitchen table... we already discovered on Friday that the windscreen blinds don't close properly... and when I asked about the gas system safety valves was told I'd need to go to a nearby caravan dealer. Ehm, I'm not buying the van from a caravan dealer...

I really hope I'm not being fobbed off as I'm female. They may just have to learn the hard way that that is not a good idea... Fortunately, one of my VW nut neighbours is on leave this week so he and I will each have a long checklist of things to go through before I part with my hard earned cash. He has strict instructions to ask lots of questions and not be fobbed off by wishy washy answers...
Hi Alison, just preparing my check list for eventual pick up and see you have an extended check list....any chance of a copy? Just found it on page two! Thanks. Page three even - not doing very well here:embarrased

Last edited: