Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Toaster

M

mamamarmaduke

Vehicle
Please Select
Has anybody tried the toaster that fits on the hob? Circular and then side slats to put the bread, best description I can give!

Good afternoon,

We got something like this:

1580906328718.png

We used it on a daily basis during last years summer holiday. It worked fine. On one side we boiled the water for coffee and tea and the other burner we prepared the toast.

What I didn't like was that the crumbs were all over the place :oops:, but that is a bit picky. For EUR 11.00 it worked out well (actually it is still working).

Happy California,
Eberhard

Good afternoon,

View attachment 54984

We used it on a daily basis during last years summer holiday. It worked fine. On one side we boiled the water for coffee and tea and the other burner we prepared the toast.

What I didn't like was that the crumbs were all over the place :oops:, but that is a bit picky. For EUR 11.00 it worked out well (actually it is still working).

Happy California,
Eberhard
Thanks, it was the one I looked at.

We gave up on toast when not on hook up. When on power use an electric one.

Thanks, our plan is to wild camp and use the Aires in France, playing at present. So no hook ups.

We use an alternative version to the RidgeMonkey. Half the price and works perfectly for toast.

Good afternoon,

View attachment 54984

Happy California,
Eberhard
I had one of these but found it dried the bread too much and the toast was more like Crispbread.
Now use a RidgeMonkey.

Lots to read if you type toast in the search function
IMG_1543.PNG

We use an alternative version to the RidgeMonkey. Half the price and works perfectly for toast.
Does it have the versatility of the Ridge Monkey?

The quality is comparable to RidgeMonkey. No signs of non stick coating degrading at all. Very happy with this set.
We have this also and very happy. Did buy a flat type toaster for gas ring but have never used it as got the tfg shortly after.

I have one of these - takes seconds to toast and you have to turn it manually but I don't find that a problem. Folds flat for storage and lives on top of the chopping board that sits on the cutouts of the cutlery drawer. I think it cost me about 3 quid.FoldingRectToaster.JPG

Toast is something that when you fancy it, nothing else comes close. So finding a workable solution that works for you is really important. :)