Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Toilet Talk

Now this is very interesting. I am on it!
They are very compact, we’ve had one for 12 months, never used it, but it’s there for a real emergency

Why is it that the same people who would never consider owning and using a porta potti continue to comment on this matter..We have heard your point of view and you keep on an on about why you wouldn’t sing in your kitchen, no neither would all the people who have paid mega money for their lovely VW camper...YES it’s a VW CAMPER...if you can’t differentiate between a VW Camper and and a kitchen in your house then I feel sorry for you.

Why is it that the same people who would never consider owning and using a porta potti continue to comment on this matter..We have heard your point of view and you keep on an on about why you wouldn’t sing in your kitchen, no neither would all the people who have paid mega money for their lovely VW camper...YES it’s a VW CAMPER...if you can’t differentiate between a VW Camper and and a kitchen in your house then I feel sorry for you.
The word SING has been used so as to not cause offence..

Also ladies and gentlemen a little compassion please for those amongst us that might have differing singing needs due to a whole host of medical conditions. From Crohn's to diabetes you have to sing when you need to sing and might not want to share this info on a public forum
Very valid point.

Also ladies and gentlemen a little compassion please for those amongst us that might have differing singing needs due to a whole host of medical conditions. From Crohn's to diabetes you have to sing when you need to sing and might not want to share this info on a public forum
Hi Tomato.
If you have to, you have to dont you. I completely understand, sympathise and I don’t see anyone lacking compassion to those people.
What I do see is disbelief that other people that don’t have to, still do, out of choice.
Two completely different drivers there....everyone can understand the first, not aa many understand the second.

Anyone had any experience of either of these two bag solutions, and if so what comments do you have concerning practical use?
1594118559040.png
1594118822918.png

Anyone had any experience of either of these two bag solutions, and if so what comments do you have concerning practical use?
View attachment 62395
View attachment 62399
Not exactly. We use the Bog in a Bag equivalent of the first one. It comes with a cover so you can use as a 3 legged stool. Sturdy and you can use their own bags with crystals or other makes. Tie up and dispose in general waste. Bags are biodegradable. With a toilet tent, good to go. Folds up small. Quick to assemble.

View attachment 62395
View attachment 62399
Don't like the first one with its fabric seat, would want a wipe clean hard surface. If the second is sturdy and robust that would be fine. You need to use bags with it so you'd have to check there are no bits that could peirce a bag.

The thing about a toilet is that 99.999% of the population need to use one at least once a day so I we don’t need to discuss what they are used for because we all know what they are used for..I’ve been all over the world and seen some really horrific sights which makes a porta potti a beautiful sight to behold...

I removed (read destroyed) the shelf in the cupboard under the gas rings in my T4 California. The larger Thetford 365 Qube Portapotti fits very snugly into it. I made two small platforms about 2 inches tall out of wood, one for inside the cupboard and one that I store on top of the toilet and that I put outside the cupboard and slide the toilet onto when I take the toilet out of the cupboard. The platforms let me slide the toilet over the sill at the bottom of the cupboard door, which I did not want to modify.

There is enough space for the Qube 365 in the van with the bed made up. The 365 has the same width and length as the 335, it is just taller and has about twice the capacity in the holding tank.

170201 183210 9524 sm.jpg

170201 183440 9527 sm.jpg

Interesting idea Martin and works good in your T4. The Cali Ocean cupboards are a little different. In its normal position (if you have the back parcel shelf in) you wouldn't fit the loo in the left cupboard. The cupboard on the right has the sink in it so don't tnink there's enough space for the 365.

Has anyone got a picture of someone sitting on one and packed in the back of the vw? I want to see whether you have to squat much?

I’ve heard there are some other websites where you can get this sort of thing. Lol
I know but on all of the sites I have been on you have to put your creeeedit caaaaard details!

Bought a PotaPottii 335 thingy in the summer. Went to the Aviemore area last week and thought I'd better take it with me. Loaded it up with all the chems etc. all ready to go....but didn't. So the question I have is , how long can you leave the unused chems in it, all ready to go? Days? Weeks? Months?

Bought a PotaPottii 335 thingy in the summer. Went to the Aviemore area last week and thought I'd better take it with me. Loaded it up with all the chems etc. all ready to go....but didn't. So the question I have is , how long can you leave the unused chems in it, all ready to go? Days? Weeks? Months?
From personal experience I have certainly left the porta potti primed and ready to go for several weeks without any issues. The aqua flush I leave in until it is used up and then top up as necessary. If you are that concerned just flush it out and rinse ready for next time. It’s only a relatively small amount of chemicals and cost.

Yes thats the set up Im planning - have you secured it in or not? Do you find theres enough space in the left cupboard - Im planning on travelling light in the cooking department but interested to know from others experiences what works for them.

So glad I've seen this thread ! We looked at a porta potty yesterday but decided it took up too much space in the van (2 adults 2 kids and a dog) so was looking for another solution and it definately looks like the Bivvy loo is the one for us. Might consider a porta potty if we ever get to go to a festival again though...