Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Toilet tents

She got a chocolate orange, and a bottle of cherry gin too!
One thing I’ve learned after 14 years is not to set her aspirations too high ( it’s really not that hard being married to me!)
I’m also currently trying to find ways to persuade her that a big solar panel is either an “essential family purchase” or a handy Father’s Day present ....
We don't do presents anymore, saves on the disapointment.

You are not alone. We keep ours inside.
Does this work with downstairs bed in position? Is there room? Looked like it might be a bit tight. I bought a posh loo tent and will post a review when its unpacked!
In an Ocean, if the downstairs bed is rolled out And the seat in front of the “kitchen” is fully towards the front there’s just enough Room for a thetford cube.

What do you use for a shower and I assume you just end up with a bit of wet grass in the Tunnel?

We use a Porta Potti inside for desperate kids During the night. We push the drivers seat as far forward as possible (not rotated) and put it in the doorway. First thing that goes outside when I open the sliding door in the morning.
You can use a small blow up paddling pool for a shower tray. We now use a Lakeland oven rack soaking tray. No chance of punctures and is good for cleaning the dog too. It’s really handy at home too.

Nice to hear from you again Elly.
Hi Karlos. Not been around in the forum lately. Back in Cali mode now though. Went for a drive and chill out to a local country park on Wednesday (my day off from working at home). It would normally be Nanny Elly day with our little granddaughters (so miss that) but just me, hubby and the dog. Back to thinking about getting out in the van now.

Hi Karlos. Not been around in the forum lately. Back in Cali mode now though. Went for a drive and chill out to a local country park on Wednesday (my day off from working at home). It would normally be Nanny Elly day with our little granddaughters (so miss that) but just me, hubby and the dog. Back to thinking about getting out in the van now.
Us too hopefully in July.

I must say that it is quite tricky to find a sturdy toilet tent. I had a Kampa one that blew down at Glastonbury. They all seem to be pop up ones now. I need something that can deal with 'British Wind'.

I must say that it is quite tricky to find a sturdy toilet tent. I had a Kampa one that blew down at Glastonbury. They all seem to be pop up ones now. I need something that can deal with 'British Wind'.
My cheepie one from eBay, £18, is still going strong after 5 yrs. 4 base pegs stop it moving and, 4 guys stop it moving in the wind., and I've mastered how to fold it and fit in the bag. Not totally waterproof as the toilet paper, if kept in the pocket, can get wet, so it's in a Waitrose bag For Life now. Have to keep up standards.

This is what we use setup at the back of the van and use for toilet and a Kampa Geysa shower plugged in to the 12v. Is Ozark trail 2 room and pops up with a frame similar to the Coleman range, very impressed but did have to import from the USA via eBay, total cost was £100 last year but well worth the money. Has withstood some pretty windy conditions also.
0D79C036-0CE1-4378-87B3-DDAD68EE36CB.jpeg

Not wanting to mention the C word, but interested in buying a shower and shower tent, but worried that sites may be “iffy” about grey water from shower tent
Does anyone have experience of this or do you need a full shower tray to capture all water? Or is showering just not possible, I refer specifically without naming to usual uk campsite providers

Not wanting to mention the C word, but interested in buying a shower and shower tent, but worried that sites may be “iffy” about grey water from shower tent
Does anyone have experience of this or do you need a full shower tray to capture all water? Or is showering just not possible, I refer specifically without naming to usual uk campsite providers
Don’t use a lot of water, having a mix of shower and flannel strip wash helps with that (2 different coloured flannels - one for botty/bits only). Use a small inflatable paddling pool or oven rack soak tray to catch the water. Buy eco friendly soap that won’t do any harm and water the trees and shrubs on site.

On sites that are a bit funny tip it into a bucket or your loo and empty into the chemical dump. If your water’s not too grimy use it to overnight soak dirty bbq stuff or sooted up campfire pans before giving them a good hot proper soapy wash/scrub in the morning.