Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best toilet tent?

LisaKent

LisaKent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We have bought a porta potti but have decided rather than have it in the van we will get a toilet tent, most of these have bad reviews online so was wondering if anyone knows of a good one? Ideally we would like a pop up one of possible as?

Thanks

Lisa

Thank you guys, looking now

Kyham by far. Quick to put up and just as important stays up in a storm.

Kyham by far. Quick to put up and just as important stays up in a storm.
Hi Paul, it would be nice to hear how your Westfalia is doing and how you like it, cheers.

Hi Paul, it would be nice to hear how your Westfalia is doing and how you like it, cheers.
Hi Larry, yes we are very pleased with our Joker. So far no problems. The bed is good, wide and handy being able to leave bedding up there and the best bit for me I can stand up and make a cup of tea while wife is still in bed. Wifes favourite is toilet and shower its amazing the extra space you have with the long wheelbase. I don't notice any difference or problems with the LWB and it drives as good as my Cali did but I admit on a windy day it does affect the roadholding, its not a problem just a difference between driving the two. I don't want to list all the things I like better because it might seem im rubbishing the Cali which im not and ok I admit it does not have the good looks of the Cali, but for us its much better for touring in the winter months. Paul.

Sounds great, i really liked it when i saw it at the NEC show.

Hi

I would avoid the popaloo tent. The git nearly caused a divorce in my house when it would not pop down. It is also poorly made and breaks easily. I used mine once and chucked it away.

Regards
Mike

Sorry, disagree. Used ours over 20 times so far. No problems. Ours is well made. Still as new and easy to fold once you have the nack, just bend and twist.
Probably an acquired " taste ", as they say.

Thanks for all the answers, we went for a Kampa one as could not justify the cost of the Khyam. thanks anyway

I see you have already bought one but we sent the kampa one back as it has mesh on the top, everything inside gets wet when it rains! We then bought the popaloo works great for us and dry. Only advice I would give is watch the video for putting it down a few times before going away. Either way it's worth having a toilet tent when staying more than one night. Cheers.

Sadly I associate the the near divorce experience with Popaloo. Never again.

Sadly I associate the the near divorce experience with Popaloo. Never again.

What do you mean? We have a Popaloo, its a great bit of kit. We love the fact that we can just put the bags in a litter bin.

I also have a Popaloo after my other toilet leaked chemical all over my brandrup carpet I agree the tent does take a bit of getting used to.