Top half body wrap

Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi everyone. There are lots of information regarding a bottom half wrap but I will shortly be picking up a metallic light blue Cali and would like the top half wrapped in Candy White for the two - tone look. Has anyone had the just the top half done? I'm thinking two potential issues that spring to mind are the door handles and having to remove the 'Ocean' logo from the nearside and possibly having to replace it. I'm assuming that logo would only be available from the Stealers?

Any thoughts please amazing forum people? Any recommendations of bodyshop, I'm in Southampton.

Roof could be a bit of a challenge. Also, given the corrosion issues you might have problems with any warranty claim/repairs if the roof has been messed with.
Having said that I’d be interested in how you get on as I fancy a top half wrap.

Hi everyone. There are lots of information regarding a bottom half wrap but I will shortly be picking up a metallic light blue Cali and would like the top half wrapped in Candy White for the two - tone look. Has anyone had the just the top half done? I'm thinking two potential issues that spring to mind are the door handles and having to remove the 'Ocean' logo from the nearside and possibly having to replace it. I'm assuming that logo would only be available from the Stealers?

Any thoughts please amazing forum people? Any recommendations of bodyshop, I'm in Southampton.

Lol at ‘Stealers’ :D

That’s very doable for a competent wrap company without disturbing the roof seal. The ocean font is Controller Expanded Five and they may be able to print it on or cut some. They’ll be used to door handles.

Go for it! Let us know how you get on and post some pics.

I'm interested in this too. Just ordered mine all in red. I wanted two tone, but it's not an option any longer in Belgium for some inexplicable reason.

If your going two tone, have you thought about doing something not avaliable as standard? I might if its a wrap, because it can be removed in a few year anyway. Red/black, red/grey.. Something even more eccentric? You would need to be someone who likes to talk to fellow t6 owners though, because you would have a lot of interest. I might make some examples of radical colour schemes in photoshop. (except I don't have photoshop)

Isn't the roof corrosion issue sorted now for new orders?

Oh, another thought.. Why not wrap the bottom in candy White? You'd have a unique van, and if you left a few details blue on the bottom it would look fantastic. Look at this...

44679dc7710fc9a5a2f24a4bc46d5c4aae96f.jpg

Thank you everyone. Some decent suggestions here. I want to mimic the current two-tones that VW offer so I'll just go with Candy white top half. I'll contact the wrapping company this week and report back what they say and prices. Regrading the roof corrosion thing, as I understand it, anything that prevents the two metal types coming into contact will help. So a vinyl wrap on top of the existing VW 'tape' or instead of, shouldn't hurt? Or am I mistaken?

Thread hijack alert
Thanks @liaoyang. I'm planning on getting some Cali decals made to run the length of the lower door. I now know the font I may use

Thank you everyone. Some decent suggestions here. I want to mimic the current two-tones that VW offer so I'll just go with Candy white top half. I'll contact the wrapping company this week and report back what they say and prices. Regrading the roof corrosion thing, as I understand it, anything that prevents the two metal types coming into contact will help. So a vinyl wrap on top of the existing VW 'tape' or instead of, shouldn't hurt? Or am I mistaken?
I agree that a wrap on the roof on top of the tape should help prevent corrosion. My only reservation would be whether VW would see it the same way in the event of a warranty claim. I’d be inclined to check with them.

Can’t wait to see your a brave man hope they do it justice

Can't wait to see the result how long have they got your vehicle for.

how much is this going to cost by the way, and will they be doing the whole roof too? I guess so. can't wait to see the result.

They are great guys there as they have done lots of work on my Cali ie clear bonnet /bumper/tailgate wrap.

Sure it will look great.
Yes, they actually said another customer had that done, so must have been you! Is the clear wrap that self-healing stuff and do you rate it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Yes, they actually said another customer had that done, so must have been you! Is the clear wrap that self-healing stuff and do you rate it?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Yes it heals itself following stone/debris impact. You can’t see it on the panels they have covered. I prefer it to a bonnet bra.

They are great guys there as they have done lots of work on my Cali ie clear bonnet /bumper/tailgate wrap.

Sure it will look great.

We need pics Breeze...?
What sort of cost is half wrap.
I have an idea for something that I may try depends on cost.

We need pics Breeze...?
What sort of cost is half wrap.
I have an idea for something that I may try depends on cost.
Hope it’s Northern Soul,

No point in photos as you would not see it as it’s clear. They are very professional and as I’m very fussy I came away very pleased.

Best you call Monsterwraps and enquire ask for Gary 02380 236001

Back