Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Top marks to SMG Tonbridge.

JAPRACER

JAPRACER

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Mine is back there at present having the paint protection redone as it wasn’t right first time around, should have it back this Friday.

BeagleMum

BeagleMum

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Having ordered a new Beach in August, I received an Email from the Sales Manager, Laine Watts at SMG Tonbridge last Thursday. His Email told us that it had arrived. He had also attached a walk round video of the vehicle in it's preprepared state. This was a lovely surprise after over two months of being Caliless.

Is this video normal on factory orders? I have owned lots of cars over the years but all of those that were new were either ex demo or off the peg from either dealer or national stock. This is the first vehicle we have ever factory ordered. OK it's only a small thing but I thought that it was excellent customer service.

Well done SMG Tonbridge and in particular, well done Laine Watts.
When we were searching for our Beach a couple of dealerships sent us walk around videos

Volkywagen

Volkywagen

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
+1 for video, pictures and updates via email prior to hand over. Biscuits and a few other bits followed the week after via post. Best in the country

Stow

Stow

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Laine sent me a video prior to pick up. Nice.

Service is another story. Failed to even look at the very issue it was sent in for, and made a bizarre attempt to shift the blame to me. Then they got me a penalty charge notice when they collected it to finally try and fix it (which they didn't). On pointing this out I was sent a slightly upsetting passive aggressive email having a go at me for not giving them top marks for customer service. And no offer to pay the fine.

All very odd.

Karlos

Karlos

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I got a box of broken biscuits a couple of weeks after delivery of our Ocean.

blondebier

blondebier

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Laine sent me a video prior to pick up. Nice.

Service is another story. Failed to even look at the very issue it was sent in for, and made a bizarre attempt to shift the blame to me. Then they got me a penalty charge notice when they collected it to finally try and fix it (which they didn't). On pointing this out I was sent a slightly upsetting passive aggressive email having a go at me for not giving them top marks for customer service. And no offer to pay the fine.

All very odd.
I had a similar experience. Their service manager (if indeed he is still there) stands out as the most arrogant person I've ever met.

I don't honestly think they care that much though. They've got so many fleet customers who want simple servicing that anything out of the ordinary is a hassle.

I think this "service target setting" or whatever VW HQ have enforced is making the service worse. I recently took my Golf in for its MOT (a passenger franchise this time) and it needed some software update to the NAV system. It turned out that they couldn't do it that day (even though it was booked in for it). I wasn't overly upset about it, but when the guy handed me the keys in the car park he pressured me to make sure I gave them 5 out of 5.

I didn't answer the survey call.

Our Partners