Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tow bar electrics

applumb@live.com

applumb@live.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
hi I have got a 2014 140 dsg cali how will I know if it has tow bar prep or will I have to ask the dealer

Check a sticker on the drivers seat it should have 1D7 on it. This is only what I have been told.

Does anyone know the code for Heavy Duty Stabilisers?

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-17%20at%2013.57.34_zps7axtnzll.png

I think 2MF is correct as above I don't think the decoder has had all the information entered as states standard suspension and shock absorbers but not the Heavy Duty Stabilisers

Hi, does anyone know the code for 140hp engine?

Thanks Rippers. That has explained the code in my service book. Cheers :)

hi I have got a 2014 140 dsg cali how will I know if it has tow bar prep or will I have to ask the dealer
Following up on your original question. We have now received our new Cali and I checked the sticker on the drivers seat and it does have the 1D7 code which means Tow Bar Prep has been done.

@rippers I think you were correct we have the 2MF code on our sticker which means the Heavy Duty stabilisers should have been installed.
On driving back from the dealers on collection we went around some bends and noticed the Cali does not lean it stays relatively level so we are very happy with that choice.

under the dashboard above the pedals on a T6

Cannot find any so can only presume it have the preprep will check with dealer as it’s going into have bellows replaced under warantee anyway
thanks everyone

Found label under steering wheel
Sad no pre prep
Will need full instal
PF Jones can fit the same towbar that the factory fit but have developed a wiring loom that goes under rather than through the vehicle which can be a problem with the California. They have mobile fitters and agents around the country.

PF Jones did ours, excellent job.

PF Jones can fit the same towbar that the factory fit but have developed a wiring loom that goes under rather than through the vehicle which can be a problem with the California. They have mobile fitters and agents around the country.
Hi Welshgas, What problems have been encountered with the factory fitted (through the vehicle) wiring loom?

If the loom is factory fitted then no problem. If not factory fitted and the van is fully kitted out then fitting the loom through the vehicle is either very difficult or impossible. The PF Jones loom gets over this by routing the loom underneath the vehicle.

PF Jones kit is not difficult to DIY fit but it does need coding into the vehicle systems. Anyone with VCDS or similar can do that for you.
The most difficult part of fitting the wiring is connecting two wires to the can-bus by the body control module.

Message to admin -- How about a list of members who have VCDS and are willing to help other owners with coding jobs?

Just got quote from breeze ouch £1900
Pf jones it is then
Betty67 - I assume if you spoke to Breeze you are in Dorset/Hampshire. If you need to do any coding with VCDS I could help out - we are in Ferndown.
Jeff