Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Towing with a 150

Fair comments and the 4M has a number of advantages, but here’s why I decided against it:

1. A Cali is the best part of 3 tonnes. Add a heavy trailer and you burn a LOT of fuel driving aggressively. When towing I don’t want to accelerate hard or go fast

2. I agonised over 4M too. But I t’s not just a extra on the price ticket: you pay more tax every year, you pay more due to worse fuel economy and there’s more to go wrong later.

3. 4M has a reduced payload as well. The CaliO payload is not large (due to the furniture weight) in any case. This is important to me as I often carry heavy dive gear on trips and could easily end up overloaded.

You pays your money and you takes your choice...

https://caliventures364847572.wordpress.com/

I can related to what you say and certainly in my case the 4 motion is desirable not for the 204 but for the traction. If it existed I would have a 150 DSG 4 motion. I can also see the payload being an issue for some although Im either really heavy towing or relatively light solo.

Went for the 4 motion dsg in the end. Drove a 150 DSG again today and really thought it is great and felt better second tome round. Oh well.