Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tracking Cali Order?

O

OxonCalifornia

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I have a Cali on Order which my dealer says has been built and being 'fitted out' internally this week.
Other than the dealer providing updates is there any way of following progress or receiving updates myself?

I have a Cali on Order which my dealer says has been built and being 'fitted out' internally this week.
Other than the dealer providing updates is there any way of following progress or receiving updates myself?
I'm afraid not in the UK.

I've heard lots of people going on to VW chat and finding out info. Don't ask me though, I've never done it!

I've heard lots of people going on to VW chat and finding out info. Don't ask me though, I've never done it!

I’ve tried a number of times with no joy through the UK version - all they’ve ever said is to contact your dealer.

Thanks Sad - yes I went on it earlier but it was as useful as a chocolate fireguard...obviously automated and no matter what I asked it just told me it couldnt help me unless I wanted info from their menu which said nothing about tracking :(

VW Chat have no access to the factory or ordering system, dealer is the only option. I actually got a real person when I asked!

Think they used to be able to get access, the same as you used to be able to setup an account on the VW website and track it there, but all that got ditched (for the UK at least) sometime in 2021.

Due to the number of queries through chat they knocked it on the head a while ago. You havent been able to get Chat updates for over a year. Only way is the dealer who can access the order system and see exactly where any Cali is in the system.

I once got a number for VW commercial customer assistance while trying to find out the status of our van in the factory. He was ever so friendly, and took our order reference and tried to check on his system. He then said (in a North American accent), hey, are you callin from the You Kay? I was through to to US HelpDesk, and promptly told to call our You Kay dealer :headbang

I'm afraid not in the UK.
it didn't work much in Germany either, 3 years ago... The online system was stuck with a default message, had to call the dealer who looked into the system and updated me with a great degree of precision. Why VW cannot link the accurate info available in the IT system of salespeople at the dealers to the webpage used by customers... no idea!

it didn't work much in Germany either, 3 years ago... The online system was stuck with a default message, had to call the dealer who looked into the system and updated me with a great degree of precision. Why VW cannot link the accurate info available in the IT system of salespeople at the dealers to the webpage used by customers... no idea!
They do it for Cars, but not Commercial vehicles which covers the California.

You would think they could make their ordering system auto email customers on status transition.

Back