Trailer idea.

pauli88

pauli88

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi Guys
Hope you all well.
Ive made a trailer for our disabled daughter that basically is a wet room . I thought of the idea when we bought a trailer to carry extra camping gear etc.
We love camping and getting Jasmine around enjoying the outdoor life style as much as possible.The downside sometimes are the showering facilities for my wife getting my daughter sorted as it’s often a cubicle as you know and it’s hard to fit both in there .
So I thought that the trailer when we get there is just sitting there after we’ve removed all camping ... surf boards ... wet suits ,bbq etc.

Why not make the most of it .. so added a solar panel .. bike rack .. it has USB ports to charge .. mains power hook up .. so the girls can do their hair etc... gas or electric hot water... out side shower point to wash off sand or mud .. out side gas bbq point... blue tooth speakers.. awning with lights underneath.. so basically it can be used when we sitting out at night camping .. people have said I should hire it out or sell them ... but didn’t really know if there is a market out there for it ...
it’s great for us in our circumstances and I thought it’s great for the out door person that just wants to go do some sporting activities and chill after.Its easy to pull.
As I know you guys are well versed in camping and touring. I would really like to know your thoughts good or bad ..
Ive added some pictures ... I got it labelled up to see if I got any interest .
Don’t really know where to go with it now.

13843AD3-36E4-468A-A3D0-793868FF235E.jpeg

0D84808F-7DEC-40B3-80FA-B9F87B07648A.jpeg

83568B8A-EFF1-4E91-BC6B-BF5F3BF2E523.jpeg

CBB8E06F-A1F7-4E14-B62A-7867B462C367.jpeg

45CD6D58-2109-4652-9025-ADDF0496BAB2.jpeg

1C5A325F-BFBF-4090-9BFF-359EF992DE3D.jpeg

AA05A791-F013-472C-960A-A8D2D530D6DD.jpeg

419E41B2-BAC4-4D23-A8CF-567039E86147.jpeg

7CAF95A7-2BCF-46A6-835B-6420F3C586C9.jpeg

CD87D2DE-8F7E-48F2-8073-E9D25904596F.jpeg

Well my thoughts are.......absolutely fantastic! Your girls are so lucky having you to design and build that facility for them. It doesn't take much imagination to see that there would definitely be a market for your trailer.

My elderly mother died several years ago after suffering with the effects of Polio since her twenties. She loved camping but being confined to a wheel chair there would always be access problems where ever she went, especially abroad where they seem to take little account of the needs of disabled people.

Having one of these fully equipped trailers would make the camping experience possible for so many people with disabilities. Well done.

Several questions:
1. Does it/could it have gas heating?
2. What are the fresh and waste water arrangements?
3. Could wheel chair access be possible with some modifications?
4. What are the side doors for?

There must be big opportunities for hiring these things out for big camping events.

Last edited:
Awesome! If you’ve got to tow a trailer for all the gear anyway, it makes perfect sense to use it when you’re there.

I think that there are an awful lot of people put off the idea of camping because of having to traipse across a field.

Like everything though I guess it will come down to price. I guess some may just go to the next step and get a caravan.

The quality of the fit and finish looks excellent. :thumb

Thanks for reply guys ...
I thought about putting a hook up ramp that hangs on inside of doors that just clicks into place.
As for water I fill it up manually with hose 80litre storage ..
and for a waste water Catchment under neath that you just roll to empty.
Wc has its own cassette .
Doors on side .. the bigger ones are for separate storage ..
lower one is for electric points and usb points .
Thanks again for replies

367675FC-B331-4673-A547-81453ED00485.jpeg

That is amazing. I have never seen anything like it and as it serves several purposes, it is just what campers need. Well done indeed.

Oh and Heating I haven’t really looked into that ... I will look.
Thanks

I like that a lot!

I too have a disabled daughter. The campervan has been a great idea for us, but it's not so easy for her. We are looking at a small caravan as a solution.

But I like your solution!

That’s Fantastic well done you

I humble take my hat of for you and your family , really great to see how everything is possible if you go for it !
Your daugther can experience camping in a more comfortable way and even the whole family can benefit of the fact the trailer is there to use ....

I would hang one or two 220v infrared heaters on the ceeling , as you probally be only using it (or most of the time) at campsites witch you can hook-up to the 220v network.

Great build anything to support people enjoy the outdoor life/camping is fantastic. Bespoke build to meet individual needs what a good idea.

I humble take my hat of for you and your family , really great to see how everything is possible if you go for it !
Your daugther can experience camping in a more comfortable way and even the whole family can benefit of the fact the trailer is there to use ....

I would hang one or two 220v infrared heaters on the ceeling , as you probally be only using it (or most of the time) at campsites witch you can hook-up to the 220v network.
Thank you ... we love making the most of getting out and about ... that’s a good idea I’ll look into those

Thanks for reply guys ...
I thought about putting a hook up ramp that hangs on inside of doors that just clicks into place.
As for water I fill it up manually with hose 80litre storage ..
and for a waste water Catchment under neath that you just roll to empty.
Wc has its own cassette .
Doors on side .. the bigger ones are for separate storage ..
lower one is for electric points and usb points .
Thanks again for replies

View attachment 30653

I am so impressed with what you have done, and your reason for doing it.

@pauli88 , mind the language diffrence ...it's these heaters that i was suggesting.
Don't know how you guys call those.
IMG_1270.PNG
If you have two separate you can use only one if the site does not allow high power usage.

Hi Guys
Hope you all well.
Ive made a trailer for our disabled daughter that basically is a wet room . I thought of the idea when we bought a trailer to carry extra camping gear etc.
We love camping and getting Jasmine around enjoying the outdoor life style as much as possible.The downside sometimes are the showering facilities for my wife getting my daughter sorted as it’s often a cubicle as you know and it’s hard to fit both in there .
So I thought that the trailer when we get there is just sitting there after we’ve removed all camping ... surf boards ... wet suits ,bbq etc.

Why not make the most of it .. so added a solar panel .. bike rack .. it has USB ports to charge .. mains power hook up .. so the girls can do their hair etc... gas or electric hot water... out side shower point to wash off sand or mud .. out side gas bbq point... blue tooth speakers.. awning with lights underneath.. so basically it can be used when we sitting out at night camping .. people have said I should hire it out or sell them ... but didn’t really know if there is a market out there for it ...
it’s great for us in our circumstances and I thought it’s great for the out door person that just wants to go do some sporting activities and chill after.Its easy to pull.
As I know you guys are well versed in camping and touring. I would really like to know your thoughts good or bad ..
Ive added some pictures ... I got it labelled up to see if I got any interest .
Don’t really know where to go with it now.

View attachment 30638

View attachment 30639

View attachment 30640

View attachment 30641

View attachment 30642

View attachment 30643

View attachment 30644

View attachment 30645

View attachment 30646

View attachment 30647
Respect . Trailers rule but yours is the best possible use I could imagine . Wishing you all a very happy camping season .

Everything been said. Stunning. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From the idea to the finished trailer: awesome work! Great to see such ideas!

Very good idea. Even big enough to load a couple of dirt bikes for the weekend. Get some heating sorted out and it's even an en suite ice fishing shack. Brilliant! When are they going to be available ;) ?

Very good idea. Even big enough to load a couple of dirt bikes for the weekend. Get some heating sorted out and it's even an en suite ice fishing shack. Brilliant! When are they going to be available ;) ?
That’s what I was thinking such a wide range of use ..
we plugged a blow air heater in over New year when we went camping and just used it as clothes and changing area as the showering facilities are great at the camp site we stayed .
Thanks for feed back .

travellers both in the UK & France use these, I have also seen them with a Washing machine & Tumble drier installed

That is absolutely awesome I just hope my boss doesn't see it because you know where that will lead :) you will have to make another one :thumb

Wow, absolutely brilliant...great finish and wonderful concept