Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Travelling to France November 2021

This is getting interesting. We’re heading for Germany with an overnight in Spa.
Entry into Germany is fine with NHS app as is Belgium. However Belgium require testing on day 1or 2 ( local chemist). We only plan to do a quick 1 nighter in Belgium.
in addition, we will be entering Belgium from France, not England and entering Germany from Belgium.

I’m sure it’ll be fine :cheers

This is getting interesting. We’re heading for Germany with an overnight in Spa.
Entry into Germany is fine with NHS app as is Belgium. However Belgium require testing on day 1or 2 ( local chemist). We only plan to do a quick 1 nighter in Belgium.
in addition, we will be entering Belgium from France, not England and entering Germany from Belgium.

Just got back from Hamburg after a 2 day work trip.

We had to complete below declaration for German authorities + save PDF to phone otherwise you couldn’t check in at the airport. Form was also checked at German border control on entry:

For way home. Had to complete UK passenger location form & book usual day 2 postal covid test (you need the test booking ref number to complete the passenger locator form).

You had to show NHS vaccination cert at every bar/restaurant with no exceptions. Also needed to wear face mask when you left the table to use the toilet etc.

The requirement is to get from the UK into France.
Other Countries into France would need checking.

I'm not sure how relevant this is, but I've just been reading in a camping car mag about "Attestation d'Accueil" which I know nothing about. Apparently travelling in France without one requires an individual to have proof of funds to the value of 120 Euros per day for the length of their stay.
This was brought up by a traveller who had been stopped by French gendarmes and asked to prove that he had the required funds (or access to them).

I'm not sure how relevant this is, but I've just been reading in a camping car mag about "Attestation d'Accueil" which I know nothing about. Apparently travelling in France without one requires an individual to have proof of funds to the value of 120 Euros per day for the length of their stay.
This was brought up by a traveller who had been stopped by French gendarmes and asked to prove that he had the required funds (or access to them).
My horoscope says I’m going to win the lottery 5 times on the trot :pinkbanana

Latest GOV.UK Advise relates to Passport stamp, presume some haven't been stamped.

Check your passport is stamped if you enter or exit the Schengen area through France as a visitor. Border guards will use passport stamps to check you’re complying with the 90-day visa-free limit for short stays in the Schengen area. If relevant entry or exit stamps are not in your passport, border guards will presume that you have overstayed your visa-free limit

Booster evidence in the pipeline as @WelshGas says-

From the Gov.UK

If you’ve had a COVID-19 booster vaccination​

The NHS COVID Pass for travel does not currently include COVID-19 booster vaccinations. The government is reviewing the implications and requirements of boosters for international travel certification. It is looking at whether and how booster vaccinations could be included in the NHS COVID Pass for travel.

Back