Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Trouble with soft close side door on T6

L

Lou

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Has anyone had trouble with their T6 soft close door which works intermittently. One of many issues with our lovely new Cali, very disappointed.

I have not yet had mine delivered. Could you set out the various issues you have had so I know what to be looking out for when (if?) VW finally get round to building mine) Thanks in advance

Has anyone had trouble with their T6 soft close door which works intermittently. One of many issues with our lovely new Cali, very disappointed.
I have not yet had mine delivered. Could you set out the various issues you have had so I know what to be looking out for when (if?) VW finally get round to building mine) Thanks in advance

Hi there potem make sure your order is for swivel seats ours took 4 weeks in the garage to sort only got Cali back after contacting VW in London and got a small amount of compensation from the dealer. Also seat belt warning buzzer warning light stayed on all the time. We have water ingress via the tailgate, the blind on sliding door not pulling down fully the reason the plastic cover on the bottom of the door pillar keeps popping out of alignment. Cali due back to garage soon for another week away. Also plastic cover on the metal bed frame falls off when you adjust it. Piston arm on the fridge failed and had to be replaced. The gasket on the top of the drivers door wax pulling away in the corner. Not good for the amount of money we paid and were looking forward to, our first summer of retirement travelling carefree. I has not happened.
SL. I can say is buyer beware

What others issues do you have? I will to look out when mine is delivered sometime next year.

Well is that not enough! I will keep you posted as to the out come of the next visit to the dealer garage. And hope you will be luckier with you new Cali.

Well is that not enough! I will keep you posted as to the out come of the next visit to the dealer garage. And hope you will be luckier with you new Cali.
Sorry did not see earlier post - must have come as I was sending mine. I do feel for you.

No worries good luck with your Cali. Ours was a long time coming 6 months and we have used her for a few camping trips and she is good. Also we have the Vango driveway awning the larger one
which works really well.
Good luck

What others issues do you have? I will to look out when mine is delivered sometime next year.

Jabberwocky
There is an extensive thread on non swivel seats,look under " swivel gate".
There is a check list you down load from the VIP section & take it when you collect your Cali. I also add several things to it after extensively reading threads on the forum.

Lou
Our Ocean delivered June, had the intermittent problem with the soft closing on the sliding door but since being used as a daily drive & 1500 mile trip France, no longer a problem.
So sorry you have had so many problems .
Were you able to take the extended warranty on offer ? Not sure still available.
We extended by 2 years. It could be claimed up to 3 mths after delivery ( I think).

Yes we have problems with our new T6 soft closing side door. There are some other T5 and T6 having the same problem. Had yours at VW and they couldn't find the failure. Workaround: short cut the contacts 3 and 4 with your key and you will hear the motor of the soft close. After that the soft close works normal. If you don't hear the motor when opening the door then it would not work by closing. So you can short cut before closing the door.
b6daf1f14e827cf6983eab2c4d2c202b.jpg

Thank you all for your responses and suggestions. Nice to know we are not alone with our problems.

Our T5 is the same. Been back twice but no better.
We have found that if you close all the doors, lock the van then it will work ok for a while. It must reset some limits somewhere by locking it

Yes we have problems with our new T6 soft closing side door. There are some other T5 and T6 having the same problem. Had yours at VW and they couldn't find the failure. Workaround: short cut the contacts 3 and 4 with your key and you will hear the motor of the soft close. After that the soft close works normal. If you don't hear the motor when opening the door then it would not work by closing. So you can short cut before closing the door.
b6daf1f14e827cf6983eab2c4d2c202b.jpg
Hi. I have the same problem on my 16 T6. Shorting the connector works, but I want a permanent fix.

Did you find any solution on the problem?

Sorry in delay replying to you.

We took the van back under guarantee to get the problem sorted but they could not find any problems even though I demonstrated the problem in front of them and also had a video on my phone to back it up.

That was back in 2016, fortunately the problem has not reoccurred.

Back