Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Two tone colours California now available

Hi
I am going to be ordering a T6 California Ocean soon and having seen the Generation 6 red and white Limited Edition Caravelle I thought it was a great colour combination for a fun holiday vehicle and reminiscent of the old T2 camper vans
I have written to and spoken with Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles in Germany and in the UK to see if they might be considering either the whole limited edition package or just the option of ordering two tone paint here in the uk any time in the forseeable future. The bottom line answer is NO.
So unless you are prepared to pay a few thousand £s to get half of your California resprayed the only paint options are single colours, not a variety two tone colours and additional factory options available in Germany, parts of Europe and New Zealand. I assume this has nothing to do with the Referendum result!

Oh, I forgot to mention that if you like the white and chrome retro alloy wheels on the Limited Caravelle thay can be bought in the UK for approximately £650......Per Corner!

I love the look too, in fact when the Beach arrives in January we'll be wrapping the bottom half.

ours
Hi Salty.. What colour beach have you ordered, white I'm guessing? Like to see it, especially when you have it two-toned. Something I may do in the future. I'm in Falmouth often.. cheers Andy

Hi Salty.. What colour beach have you ordered, white I'm guessing? Like to see it, especially when you have it two-toned. Something I may do in the future. I'm in Falmouth often.. cheers Andy
Hello Andy, yes it's white on order. Hopefully arriving in January 2017'ish. Still, it's given us plenty to talk about, blue, red, camouflage, possibilities endless. It would good to see you in Falmouth, let me know. All the best.

Hello Andy, yes it's white on order. Hopefully arriving in January 2017'ish. Still, it's given us plenty to talk about, blue, red, camouflage, possibilities endless. It would good to see you in Falmouth, let me know. All the best.
Okay lovely. Keep me posted and hope to see what you decide to do.. cheers

Black & Grey, White & Mojave,? Not really my idea of 2-tone but I suppose they'll appeal to somebody.

Black & Grey, White & Mojave,? Not really my idea of 2-tone but I suppose they'll appeal to somebody.
Silver and Acapulco Blue would have been my choice but not at those prices coz I would have to go for the Retro wheels too, which are a £650 each corner extra in the UK!!

Classic orange and white for me, maybe I'll investigate wrapping. I'm probably getting ahead of myself as our Beach is still code 10 and going backwards - increased VED here we come.....:Depressed

Purely my opinion but judging by the number of white and red Caravelles now being advertised by dealers nationally, this whole two colour thing runs the risk of becoming rather too common. Still it's down to personal taste I surpose.

Purely my opinion but judging by the number of white and red Caravelles now being advertised by dealers nationally, this whole two colour thing runs the risk of becoming rather too common. Still it's down to personal taste I surpose.
Too common or not as popular as they'd thought. Two tone campers are probably more appealing than a two tone caravelle. Caravelles are more executive travel aren't they?
I don't like the two tone in the flesh as much as I thought I would. I'd have like the grape yellow and white. Shame they can't just let us choose.
They ban certain combos on the bellows too. Can't have a red bellows if you have a yellow van (why?)!

Wow! That's really exciting! Sorry to ask but where you getting it done and how much (roughly) is it costing?
Can't wait for the pics.
Itsawrapuk.com based in Worthing, Sussex. Just shy of £1k + vat.

I post pics and close ups of detail when done!

Whilst looking at the online configurator, I notice that the Beach says 'Roof Bed and Stowage Compartment'. Has it always said this? I wondered what this means and if the Beach now comes with the rear ceiling mounted storage box?

IMG_6434.PNG

Nooooooo!!!! Precisely one week after my order was confirmed..... :(
Ouch! Oh well, save some cash.....wrapping here I come.:thumb

Looking forward to seeing the results...

A dealer told me there are 250 of those in the country.

Not over keen on the dark grey and white combination but the other 3 I like. My favorite would be the last (silver & light blue) .
Silver and Acapulco Blue with the silver retro wheels my favourite. Money no object of course!

Back