Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Two tone colours California now available

@Blue Juice That looks amazing! Two-tone wasn't available when we ordered but think the red/white or blue/white combination looks really good now so might have to investigate wrapping, and at least its a lot cheaper than VWs paint option.

I'd be interested in whether anyone has removed the wrap from a vehicle?
Did the bods that fitted it cause any damage?
Did the wrapping cause any damage?
Does it degrade over time?

Personally I am not keen on this trend especially the red and white ice cream van look. Still beauty is in the eye....... etc.

I'd be interested in whether anyone has removed the wrap from a vehicle?
Did the bods that fitted it cause any damage?
Did the wrapping cause any damage?
Does it degrade over time?

Personally I am not keen on this trend especially the red and white ice cream van look. Still beauty is in the eye....... etc.

From what I've managed to research;

1) loads of well-documented / photoed / video'd wraps of 5-10 years with no issues
2) This is my biggest concern as some teams apply the vinyl and then cut through it to cut away the waste. That said, I've yet to find anyone citing it as an issue.
3) The only stories I can find of damage is on repaired paintwork
4) Undoubtedly, although the top-brand vinyls should be good for many years under 'normal' use. I have a friend with lime green wrap that still looks as bright now as it did the day it was done, at least to my eye.

And the red & white ice cream van is exactly the look I'm after, but then I love ice cream!

A friend of mine has a pretty impressive line up of cars , most are wrapped completely and go through colour changes every couple of years. If it's cared for (i.e be careful jet washing on the edges), fitted well with good quality material I am told it's easy to have removed, glue residual washed off and back to looking like new. I guess the main issue would be that on the half wraps the unwrapped portion could look noticeably different to the paintwork that had been covered.

Lovely red and white one in Trafford park today. Not sure if it was a beach or a caravelle. Had little table inside and 2 rows of seats arranged around it. All black so very smart

Lovely red and white one in Trafford park today. Not sure if it was a beach or a caravelle. Had little table inside and 2 rows of seats arranged around it. All black so very smart

Might of been a Generation Six very nice.

Back