Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

UK Speed limits in the Cali?

S

shambly

Guest User
What speed limits do we need to adhere to in our California's in the UK?

My understanding from some quick research is:-

Single line road national limit:50
Dual carriage way national limit: 60
Motorway: 70

Is that right?

Simon

As the unladen weight of the Cali is less than 3,050kg, then if used without a trailer the limits for motor caravans are the same as for cars. (I think that it is something like 2,450 to 2,600kg kerbweight dependng on model, with the 4Motions being heaviest unsuprisingly.)

However, with a trailer then they are as you state.

Try this link

http://www.ukmotorhomes.net/motorhome-f ... #motorhome

Can someone just double-check me to make sure that I am correct? Ta

Luke

As stated above.

Under 3050kg so same as any car.
Towing a trailer, the same as a car towing a trailer.

I think the difference is in the registration, if the Cali was to be registered as the basic T5 vans are, then the limits would be lower as they are classed as a commercial van, where the Cali isn't.

Again I will stand corrected if this is isn't the case :doh

Hi Simon.
Like you, I thought the limits were as you stated, but according to the Caravan Club book, the limit on a normal dual carriage way is in fact 70, the same as a motorway. I have checked on line and it does seem to be right. I was very surprised ! But I do stand to be corrected.

John

as I understand it, if there's a barrier down the centre of the dual carraige way, then the limits 70mph, if not it's 60mph(according to my speed awareness course) got caught speeding leaving the garage the day I bought my Cali

Kevin

as I understand it, if there's a barrier down the centre of the dual carraige way, then the limits 70mph, if not it's 60mph

Correct for dual lane road to be classed as a dual carriageway it must have a fixed barrier between the two directions. Police love to nick trucks for doing 50 on a non dual carriageway (classed as single carriage so speed limit is 40 mph)

Back